Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the way you carry your purse telling others you might be a crossdresser??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is the way you carry your purse telling others you might be a crossdresser??

The other day walking into work I just happened to notice that +90% of the women had their purses on their left shoulder... And over the last day that seems to be the number for every woman I've passed... But all of the men entering the building had their computer bags on their right shoulders.. And funny too.. I carry both purse and pc bag on my right side..

Assuming most people are right handed... Do right handed women carry their purses on their left side and right handed men carry stuff on their right side?

What hand do you write with and what side do you carry your purse? What does your SO do if you have one?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karen I carry my bag on my left shoulder, I wear my watch on my left wrist ............ I am right handed
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Now you come to mention it Karren, I do carry my purse on my right shoulder, I'm also right handed.
    Guess I'll have to remember this next time I'm out and carry my purse on my left shoulder.

Jeeze, something else to remember, I don't think I'll ever get the hang of this crossdressing lark

Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    Now you come to mention it Karren, I do carry my purse on my right shoulder, I'm also right handed.
    Proof that she does Attachment 111863
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Proof that she does Attachment 111863
    Proof that she does too
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 06-23-2010 at 05:30 PM.

I have no idea as to whether or not this is a GW vs. CD thing. I just know that it is natural for me to carry my purse on my left shoulder. This leaves my right hand free to do other things.
    Hugs, Carole

Karren I'm right-handed and I think the purse is usually on the right.
    Guess I'm going to have to switch. Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm a crossdresser
    Keely

One of the Reds

When in male mode how should I carry my European Shoulder Bag? (It was a gift)

I was woman watching outside a Ultra Tuesday, I noticed the over the shoulder thing. I thought it was a security idea, to keep it close. Where are the girls keeping their hockey sticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    The other day walking into work I just happened to notice that +90% of the women had their purses on their left shoulder... And over the last day that seems to be the number for every woman I've passed... But all of the men entering the building had their computer bags on their right shoulders.. And funny too.. I carry both purse and pc bag on my right side..

Assuming most people are right handed... Do right handed women carry their purses on their left side and right handed men carry stuff on their right side?

What hand do you write with and what side do you carry your purse? What does your SO do if you have one?
    Karren, even though this is 2010, and men do sometimes carry a purse, I think the mere fact that you ARE carrying a purse might just let people know that you may be a crossdresser. Of course....I could be totally wrong???
    Now if I did go out dressed and carried a purse, I'm pretty sure I would carry it over my left shoulder. It would just make it easier to get things from it since I am right handed. When I have my laptop bag, it is almost always hanging from my right side.
    Perhaps we need a poll for this one.....or.....I'm still tired from staying up through 3 overtime periods last night watching the Pens drop that game??

well I would watch my wife but she dont carry a purse. She hands me her license and says here carry this and away we go. I have a purse or two but she dont let me take mine along (says I look like a puss) I dont know what a cat has to do with it but anyway, I will watch that maybe that why I get read so easy! hmmm I doubt it though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Naw, I carry everything on my left shoulder, tool bag, computer bag, personal bag (sometimes all at once) and when dressed my purse on my left shoulder as well (see my pic in my album). I am right handed, but I rarely carry anything on my right side.

Just because I do carry it on my left shoulder doesent mean I'm not going to get read though!
    Last edited by Jonianne; 04-23-2010 at 01:14 PM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I'm right handed and carry my bag mostly on the right shoulder, it just doesn't seem comfy on the left....but at times I do wear it across my body as well
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I'm right-handed and carry long-strapped purses on the left. Short-strapped purses are carried on the right. Clutches are carried on the left. If my shoulder/arm starts getting crampy or going numb from a heavy purse, I switch up.
    [SIZE=3]SouthernBelle
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]“Some things are strange to me, and some things are odd.
    But I don't condemn. If you can accept me, I can accept you.” ~Dolly Parton
    [/SIZE]

No Pittsburgher men carry purses! Ha!!! I'm so tired I wrote this lame thread to say awake! Lol. Go Pens!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    No Pittsburgher men carry purses! Ha!!! I'm so tired I wrote this lame thread to say awake! Lol. Go Pens!
    I first read that as go "p***s", and I thought am I on the wrong forum
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-24-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Hmm..Im another one who never noticed or thought about it..Right handed and carry on left
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Some men carry purses in NC (in the bigger cities)... but they're metro at the very least.

I carry my purse on my right shoulder... but that made since to me because it has a crazy long shoulder strap. But I do indeed carry my laptop bad on the same side. Hmmmmm... my wife carries hers on the left. We're both right handed... strange things are afoot!
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

I am a right-handed gg, and carry my purse on my right shoulder.
    I never in my life gave one thought to how anybody carried their purse...

and after I typed the above I went and picked up my purse like I was going to work and yeah I use the right shoulder but it looked awful silly with the flannel nightgown..

I am allowed to wear a flannel nightie here right???

Oh, uh, not to mix up threads here, but imagine the poor guy who hides from his wife that he crossdresses then at the mall or somewhere he has to stand there holding her purse... I feel for THAT guy!
    Last edited by Mea GG; 04-23-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mea GG View Post
    I am a right-handed gg, and carry my purse on my right shoulder.
    I never in my life gave one thought to how anybody carried their purse...

and after I typed the above I went and picked up my purse like I was going to work and yeah I use the right shoulder but it looked awful silly with the flannel nightgown..

I am allowed to wear a flannel nightie here right???
    You can wear it only if you don't tell anyone.. Too late! Ha! I think that's its you flannel fetish that has you wearing your purse on the off-standard side.. I'd seek prfessional help immediately!

.......My Photos

Funny, I never noticed but right handed left shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mea GG View Post
    Karren, lol, you crack me up.

Busted on the flannel fetish. Don't tell my boyfriend...
    He probably makes up for it in satin and lace night wear.... enough for the both of you plus some! Lol.

.......My Photos

I think this is the first theory I've had that the data could prove correct.. With some minor exceptions that can be explained away.. I'm running a simular thread on another forum with simular results..

Now if I can just get some better data on my theorized link between crossdressing and alien abductions!! I could write a book and supiment my retirement account! Lol.
    Last edited by Karren H; 04-23-2010 at 01:40 PM.

.......My Photos

Wife and I both carry them on the left and we are both right handed. She also wears the flanel nighty, not me though, mine are all nylon.

Quote Originally Posted by anna kate View Post
    Wife and I both carry them on the left and we are both right handed. She also wears the flanel nighty, not me though, mine are all nylon.
    Yeah!!! As long as their flannel in the house I can use statistics to explain that!! And though I don't want to do it, I will use the "CDs are notorious liars" card if I have to!! Hahaha
    Last edited by Karren H; 04-23-2010 at 01:45 PM.

.......My Photos