Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the way you carry your purse telling others you might be a crossdresser??

Jean skirts 'n boots. RockerTerri's Avatar
    When I do carry my purse, its on my left shoulder. I dont wear a watch. I am right handed. I have a bag for school that holds my stuff most of the time, so unless I am going somewhere other than school (which isnt often) I just throw my wallet in there.

I never thought about this before tbh.
    I love this place.

Right-handed & purse hangs across from left shoulder.
    Maybe you've noticed a lot of closet CD's out there doing everything they can think of to look more "male" in order to better hide ( even though not all GG's carry it only on left shoulder ).
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I carry a bag on my left shoulder. I write with my left hand, but do almost everything else with my right.
    Last edited by Andy66; 05-03-2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: editing out long boring story

So let's assume that you are right about 90% of GG carry their purse on the left shoulder. What does it mean when a GG carries the purse on the right shoulder? Do they get tagged with us?

Or could all of this have to do more with which side of the brain the person uses mostly. Women use the opposite side of the brain than men. So it would make sense for them to do the opposite of men. But how do you explain a GG carrying a purse on the right shoulder. Do they end up using both sides of their brains thus making them smarter than the rest of the GG's?

Either way - I know what you have done. I will have to look at every GG to confirm or deny your threory.
    Michelle

yea, you have to act like your doing her a favor when she is actually doing you a favor.

Don't know about anybody else but I was a cop for 17 years and in the Army two. As I'm right handed everything I carried was on my left shoulder or left hand. Had to have my right free to grab my weapon.

Karen - I promise no flannel for me.

Rey

I'd say it's more like how I use the purse against mashers is probably the dead give away.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Me thinks it has to do with your prominate hand. Right handed, bag on left, Left handed, bag on right.

Rey

Guess I would say I'm "Ambi-pursed"..lol.
    I carry it on both with no preference for one or the other. Depends on what else I'm carrying at the time...i.e. shopping bags full of great buys.
    I'm right handed and violate the other tenent as a male when I carry my cell phone on my left hip. I heard that guys are supposed to carry it on the hip of their dominant hand...maybe I'm just submissive...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Left handed, left shoulder, watch on left wrist, doesn't matter shoulders so narrow purse falls off no matter what shoulder it's on. Need a good clutch bag!
    Tina B.

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    I'm a switch hitter. I carry my purse on either shoulder.

My wife and I were out last night and every woman I saw carried her purse on her right shoulder. I am left handed and I always carry my purse over my right shoulder.

Diana

Aspiring Member
    I carry mine on the right and I am right handed, but since reading this thread I have notice a lot of women carry it on the left. From now on I will carry mine on the left also.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    What hand do you write with and what side do you carry your purse? What does your SO do if you have one?
    [SIZE="2"]I write with my right hand, I hold my purse with my right hand (invariably a clutch purse), and I spend money with both hands. I have no $ today, so I thought I would entertain myself by writing responses to posts – it costs nothing. As for the latter question, I neatly avoid the problem completely by being unacceptable to the opposite sex, in a non-polarized manner, thus no SO…[/SIZE]

Smile

well this am while i was unloading at a mall,
    i took note not count, but the gg with there purses on the left won out...not by much,
    there was two gg walking side by side and each had there purse on the "outside" .
    one guy with a purse (chasing after his wife i believe).
    a number of gg with multiple bags (both shoulders).
    some gg with no visible purse/wallet.
    a number of guys carrying a bag/puter/etc (not a purse) all on the right shoulder.

just what i saw for a two hour span while working. i included just carrying in the hand as shoulder, but not a clutch style purse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"].....– it costs nothing......[/SIZE]
    What do you mean it costs nothing? Who's checking account did you give Tamara when you signed up?
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    right handed, purse on left shoulder

My SO carries her purse on her left shoulder and is right handed and when I carry a bag it is on my right sholder and I am right handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen564 View Post
    [SIZE=2]I'm right handed, but the bag goes on left shoulder...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Like Duh , It only makes sense to do it that way anyway.....lol[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Since I reach to pick stuff up using my right hand while shopping, my bag stays put on my left shoulder this way.....[/SIZE]

Seeeee Thats a real girl thinking....it's about the shopping!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I'm right handed and carry my bag mostly on the right shoulder, it just doesn't seem comfy on the left....but at times I do wear it across my body as well
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I'm right-handed and carry long-strapped purses on the left. Short-strapped purses are carried on the right. Clutches are carried on the left. If my shoulder/arm starts getting crampy or going numb from a heavy purse, I switch up.
    [SIZE=3]SouthernBelle
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]“Some things are strange to me, and some things are odd.
    But I don't condemn. If you can accept me, I can accept you.” ~Dolly Parton
    [/SIZE]

I carry all my bags (purse, laptop, cameras, etc.) on the left shoulder, unless I'm carrying two or three at the same time!

- Diane

Karren,

[SIZE="3"]With these theories and insights, maybe you can soon be a guest on Coast to Coast, with Art Bell, or George Norri, late night radio. Go Blackhawks, for the first time, in decades![/SIZE]

Hi .

I asked Jos she will have it on ether shoulder .

For me i was in the drum core as a side drummer military ,so my strap was on my right shoulder , so i carred on with my shoulder bags , alltho mine is a back pack one so its on my back all the time when out. one reason is i carry my camara in a front carry bag & my watch is on my right arm , & im a left e yet use both hands much the same.

...noeleena...

I usually carry my purse on my left side. I am right handed, and it makes it easier to access the contents without putting my purse down. I do carry a lot of stuff in my purse, do not have room for the kitchen sink tho.
    Dance like no one is watching
    Sing like you're in the shower
    Work like you don't have to