Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever noticed the intelligence factor of crossdressers?

Has anyone ever noticed the intelligence factor of crossdressers?

Has anyone noticed a connection between intelligence and crossdressing? I mean think about this for a minute. On this forum we have computer techs, engineers architects, and various other people with careers that takes quite a bit of intelligence to do.

Not to toot my own horn or anything but I am extremely well read (books AND as a crossdresser lol) I can design and build a house from the ground up, I know how to do all aspects of construction except operate a crane. I know quite a lot about computers and other electronics and gadgets, including building some neat gadgets for my ghost hunting group.

Has any one else noticed this about crossdressers?
    Last edited by madison lee; 04-23-2010 at 08:49 PM.

It usually takes someone with a decent job to afford to get both male and female clothing for themselves. In today's market the better jobs are normally taken by those with more of an education.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

Not upset, but I am one of the train ones and it does require some smarts to operate 10,000 tons of train, 12,000 horsepower locomotives and keep it all on the rail. And I am a crossdresser.

Some time ago, Virginia Prince published a scientific article in a psychology journal that claimed that TV's had an average IQ of 125. That's about the 95th percentile.

I suspect self-selection bias in that study, but many of my TV/CD/TS friends are pretty bright. (And so are many of my straight friends ).

In general human populations, I read recently that European Jews have the highest average IQ (115), which might explain the high percentage of doctors and lawyers that are Jewish. (No, I'm not Jewish)

So an average IQ of 125 a pretty elite group.

At the last SCC The theme was Heros Among Us. When they asked the military to stand up of the 1000 people there more than half the room stood up. It is a fact that the average military individual is highly educated.
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

Is the average member of any internet forum more intelligent or brighter than the average?

If one were to judge the intellience of a group by its ability to spell we might not score all that well.

Gee where's that "patting" you on the back smiley when you need it?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by Elle1946 View Post
    Not upset, but I am one of the train ones and it does require some smarts to operate 10,000 tons of train, 12,000 horsepower locomotives and keep it all on the rail. And I am a crossdresser.
    Never said that it didnt. It was not meant as a slight in any way.

Read here, the paragraph about intelligence:
    http://jenellerose.com/htmlpostings/...emperament.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Wasnt patting myself on the back. I was trying to make a point. Is that a problem?

I never really thought about it. Perhaps as you say we are more intelligent, but I have another thought to add. Time and time again I have been told I do not think as other people in my industry. Perhaps "our thought processes" are different from 100 % male's. What do you think?
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Quote Originally Posted by Karinsamatha View Post
    I never really thought about it. Perhaps as you say we are more intelligent, but I have another thought to add. Time and time again I have been told I do not think as other people in my industry. Perhaps "our thought processes" are different from 100 % male's. What do you think?
    I agree. I believe that we think outside the box, so to speak, and that in turn lets us think and see things that most males don't.

I think Albert Einsteinsaid "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
    So, if staying with "it" longer is the measure of intelligence then I'm way up there. It takes me forever to pick out the right outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by madison lee View Post
    Not to toot my own horn or anything but I am extremely well read (books AND as a crossdresser lol) I can design and build a house from the ground up, I know how to do all aspects of construction except operate a crane. I know quite a lot about computers and other electronics and gadgets, including building some neat gadgets for my ghost hunting group.

Sorry.. my mistake

Sorry.. my mistake
    Yes? What is your point? If your not going to add anything intelligent to the discussion besides you sarcastic wit then refrain from commenting. Obviously it seems that the point of this discussion has completely passed you by.

You didn't expect us to disagree about our intelligence did you...

Yes? What is your point? If your not going to add anything intelligent to the discussion besides you sarcastic wit then refrain from commenting. Obviously it seems that the point of this discussion has completely passed you by.
    Actually I don't see a point....... All of the types you mentioned have to have a certain amount of intelligence to do that kind of work, and I don't see a relevant connection between cross dressing and intelligence.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 04-23-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Actually I don't see a point....... All of the types you mentioned have to have a certain amount of intelligence to do that kind of work, and I don't see a relevant connection between cross dressing and intelligence.
    And your type of work is?

Well, I have a high IQ and an advanced degree. I ain't perfect, but I know better than to get my panties in a bunch over this thread! LOL

Aspiring Member

Milka-wha?

Why, no...

I'm sure you must be the first.

Bravo.

Bravo!

Banned Read only
    Wow, I was all set to jump on your bandwagon but now I'm not so sure. You seem a little bit snippy, and more than a little bit sensitive.

Some of the smartest people I know, are also some of the funniest, most relaxed people I know.

Something to consider.

-Misty

You asked, and I said that I don't see the corrolation between crossdressers and higher than average intellegence. In any group there are going to be some that are more intellegent than others. You seemed to be implying that crossdressers seem to be of a more intellegent bunch. I have been here for just over a year and have been involved in many different discussions, only to discover that we pretty much run the gambit of intellegence in much the same way that other groups do. I wasn't saying that you are wrong..just offering another opinion. ... NO, I have not noticed that crossdressers seem to be more on the intellegent side.. Present company excepted.
    Oh... I am just a lowly accountant.

It has nothing to do with me being "snippy" or "oversensitive". It has to do with the fact that this is a discussion. The person in question, rather than make a valid point or have something to add to the discussion, instead decided to make a sarcastic comment that has no bearing on the discussion in question. I have no problem with anyone on here and think that most of the ladies here are quite wonderful. But what is the point of making a sarcastic comment if you dont like what the discussion is about? If you disagree then say so. But to make a comment that way is unnecessary to say the least.

THIS was your first response.

Sorry.. my mistake
    This was your second response.

You asked, and I said that I don't see the corrolation between crossdressers and higher than average intellegence. In any group there are going to be some that are more intellegent than others. You seemed to be implying that crossdressers seem to be of a more intellegent bunch. I have been here for just over a year and have been involved in many different discussions, only to discover that we pretty much run the gambit of intellegence in much the same way that other groups do. I wasn't saying that you are wrong..just offering another opinion. ... NO, I have not noticed that crossdressers seem to be more on the intellegent side.. Present company excepted.
    Oh... I am just a lowly accountant.

So tell me how you were responding to the discussion considering what your first response shows us? You did not make a real response to the discussion till much later. But it does not really matter at this point.

Banned Read only
    If you disagree then say so. But to make a comment that way is unnecessary to say the least.
    Please Madison, her comment was just a gentle poke for fun.

Hardly anything to get upset about. You can't take yourself or others too seriously around here.

Besides, she's right. As much as I would like to think differently, there are an awful lot of posts on this forum that would indicate an average intellect, at best.

Of course there ARE quite a few girls here that are way above average so that would hopefully bring up the mean.

-Misty