Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leftfield Question

Leftfield Question

Does anyone here enjoy male clothes?

I know its a bit of an odd question but the cliche goes that because you enjoy crossdressing you must automatically dislike male clothes.

I don't quite find that. They don't mean the same things to me but I like to dress well as a guy. Maybe its displacement. At one point I had 40 pairs of trousers and a great shoe collection.

I can enjoy a great sharp suit. I remember seeing Grayson Perry point to the "dandy" as a close relative of the crossdresser.

Smile

I[SIZE=4] only wear mens clothes when i have to for work or if i have to go out. when i am home or as soon as i get home i am in womans clothes 24/7[/SIZE]
    Mistybtm

Banned Read only
    I do not. I've always been a t-shirt and jeans guy because I don't care for dressing up as a male at all. I suppose that's another reason pushing me towards this. But how is this from the left field?

Aspiring Member

Me Too

I work in a factory that requires me to wear a uniform, And at home I usually wear a shirt and Levi's (or a skirt & blouse). But I must admit, I enjoy the opportunity to wear a suit & tie on occasion.

Danielle

When the situation warrants, I can polish my wingtips, and do a nice Windsor knot in my necktie and "clean up nice like". I still have one dress suit in my closet for those times. Nice three piece dark blue pinstripe. Just have to clean off the closet dust that ends up on the shoulders from lack of use.

Just because I crossdress doesn't mean I can't appreciate the looks of a nice suit when needed, fact is I can do a better job of wearing it now that I pay attention to details. Cuff links just so, tie centered and properly knotted, shoes shined brightly, creases in trousers at their sharpest, shirt tucked in well. Little things like that.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Hi.

Oh dear 40 pairs of, help . youd be pushing up a cliff for me to ever have more than two pairs let alone 40 . i totaly hated any mens clothes & even then i would cut them & make shorts, 50 damm years no thanks never again . & i only ever wore a tie 4 times 3 times at school & when Jos & i got married .& that was under protest . sorry the clothes that is , in the 70 s if you have ever worn a straight jacket thats what it was like for me .

...noeleena...

When I was a corporate warrior, I had eight-gazillion grey and blue suits. Have only worn a suit a couple of times in the last 10 years. They are all in a closet now, just like me.

There were a couple of aspects I liked. One was wearing suspenders. The other was the paycheck that came with them.

I do not wear blazers. But generally speaking, I am a good sport. So I do have one "Good Sport Coat".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Personally, I enjoy looking good as a man or a woman. I rarely get the opportunity wear a suit or tie, but I do enjoy it from time to time, and I certainly appreciate more casual men's fashion.

Crystal

I only wear male clothes if I'm in a situation where I have to. I don't enjoy it.

Female clothes are so much prettier!

I dress quite trendy as a guy, and i will be dressing trendy as a girl too

i HATE wearing ties and suits. as a guy i wear mostly jeans, tshirt and a backwards baseball hat and sneakers
    <3 Jenny

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    i love wearing suits too, i do have many pairs that i rock!

If given the choice I would never wear mans clothes again. Some may say I have the choice but thats not always the case. I wear jeans tshirt because I have to dress the part. That part is not my best part, I change my personality when in a skirt and heels makeup ect... most that have seen me both ways say I am happier as Staci. SO that being said it is true clothes make the man or woman in my case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

when the house burned down, I lost my only suit and never replaced it. Don't ask me why or how the ties survived...must be they are akin to **** roaches...

Jenn

Staci,
    I have only seen you as a woman, and you were happy.

For me, while I certainly prefer women's clothes, I don't dislike men's clothes. I do REALLY like women's clothes better than men's. Maybe I would like to always wear women's clothes. Unfortunately, I don't have that option.
    Last edited by Freddy12; 04-24-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Freddy

I could do without male clothes very well. And would like not to have the need for them.I'm just happiest being in girls clothing.
    Angie

No enjoyment there for me.
    At work it's uniforms and at home it's my femme jeans and a t-shirt. If I have to I can morph male and look good, but my preference is for something soft and feminine.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

yuck!!!! can you say drab thats what I think of mens clothes. I wear womens clothes because it feels natural to me like i'm supposed to wear them.

My thoughts are the selection in the womens section is far superior to the mens section.

My wonderful wife on the other hand thinks just the oppisite of me.
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by CherryZips View Post
    Does anyone here enjoy male clothes?

I know its a bit of an odd question but the cliche goes that because you enjoy crossdressing you must automatically dislike male clothes.

I don't quite find that. They don't mean the same things to me but I like to dress well as a guy. Maybe its displacement. At one point I had 40 pairs of trousers and a great shoe collection.
    I love clothes in general, both women's and men's. I think between the two genders there is however a disproportionate amount of exciting clothes to be found. By that I mean, at every level of dress from casual to absolute formal, there is something fun and interesting and individualized for women, where as for men, things tend to just be sort of bland across the board with some really dynamite stuff hovering around the edges.

The big thing for me these days, especially since losing a lot of weight and dropping several sizes is "Fitted" stuff. I find it very hard to really find a great selection of fitted clothing for men that isn't cost prohibitive for me to purchase. But when I do find stuff I can't deny that it looks amazing on me and that I feel great and confident when I wear it. I dream of one day having an actual honest to god tailored suit.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Men's clothing, suites, ties, wingtips, oh yes, I remember that stuff. That is what I use to wear before I improved my way of life. I still have a couple of each of these items stuffed way in the back of my closet and used only when I must attend a business meeting as my former self.

Since I work from home most days, I have the opportunity to dress and present as I like. This also provides me with the chance to go out most days for lunch and shopping.

Recently, I have begun traveling on business trips en fem and only changing into drab mode when I need to attend a meeting. On one recent 4 day coast to coast trip, I spent a grand total of 7 hours en drab. What a wonderful time that was...

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkeyOnRye View Post
    I love clothes in general, both women's and men's. I think between the two genders there is however a disproportionate amount of exciting clothes to be found.

The big thing for me these days, especially since losing a lot of weight and dropping several sizes is "Fitted" stuff. I find it very hard to really find a great selection of fitted clothing for men that isn't cost prohibitive for me to purchase.
    The only thing I just positively hate about mens clothes is that anyone would try to restrict me to just them when as Ryan eloquently put it there is such a wider variety available in womens clothes.

Congratulations on the weight loss Ryan, when I make goal I can work on getting rid of some of those baggy unfitted t-shirts in favor or some fitted tops from either side of the house!
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

I'd have to be honest - male clothes do nothing at all for me. I wish they did, my wife sure as hell wishes they did, but they don't.

I do not enjoy my male wardrobe much at all really, dress casual for work, slacks and shirt, I guess thats why we call it drab, I appreciate seeing sharply dressed men, but whenever I am shopping my mind is on my feminine wardrobe.. which can get me into trouble (see other post)

I enjoy fashion, in whatever mode I'm in, boy or girl. So, yes I enjoy dressing up in male mode, too!

Always did like a suit and tie for special occasions, but in this town there is no place to wear one anymore. even the best of restaurants, more than slacks and a button down shirt, is over dressed.
    I have always dressed fun in male or female clothes. In my time I have dressed as a Beatnik, a hippie, wore polyester pants suits and Players hats in the 70's Western suits, boots and cowboy hats in the 80's and back to being an old hippie for the 21'st century. So Yes I guess I like mens wear almost as much as I like womens wear.
    Tina B.