Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to...

Is it wrong to...

Is it wrong for us to go out wearing a jean skirt, blouse, flip flops and not look like a woman? Not doing any makeup or wearing a wig.

Account is closed
    Yes it is! but only to those people who are so insecure about themselves that they find someone wearing a skirt offensive.

If you feel comfortable, then there is nothing wrong with it (unless you live in Utah, that state creeps me out).
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Society thinks so, but I would love to wear a jean skirt all the time instead of shorts as a male.

No it is not wrong! If you have the strength of mind GO FOR IT!

Just wearing a jeans skirt makes it wrong by association no mater who you look like!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Maybe I should rephrase it for Karren.

Is it wrong for a man go go out in a mini skirt?

No. I do it all the time, well, maybe not a *mini* skirt, cause I don't feel comfortable showing that much skin, I'll wear shorter skirts with tights, but I wear knee-length stuff as a guy all the time.

You just have to be really, really confident in what you're doing. If you're relaxed and comfy with it, so will "they"
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Absolutely, positively, unequivocally NOT wrong...

its your life

Excellent news! Thanks for the input. Here I go, heading to the post office. Small step, but it is a step.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickie S View Post
    Is it wrong for us to go out wearing a jean skirt, blouse, flip flops and not look like a woman? Not doing any makeup or wearing a wig.
    It is all about being yourself. It is all about expressing yourself within your own comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriya View Post
    If you feel comfortable, then there is nothing wrong with it (unless you live in Utah, that state creeps me out).
    Awww... We are really good people.

In a word ...... [SIZE="3"]NO[/SIZE]
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

If you are not hurting anyone and your have the courage to go out in a mini skirt as a guy then just do it and don't worry what other people think about it.
    Are you trying to make them happy our yourself ?
    Have fun !
    tomara

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Since my wife, who did my makeup and fixed my wig, passed away 5 years ago I go out all the time dressed enfemme, but no wig and no makeup! Just a guy in a skirt, or sometimes even a dress! Yes, I do sometimes wear wear a mini skirt, but usually to my knees or just above. And since I have natural 40 B's, I always have a bra on when dressed enfemme!

BTW, Karren, my jeans skirts are very feminine!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

not wrong
    way to go
    i am working to get out dressed too

Nope!

Or at least I don't think so.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Of course it's not wrong, but you are going to get looks or "the look". Can you handle that with getting paranoid. One other thing must be considered when you are out. What effect are you having on little kids. Adults can take care of themselves, little kids are very vulnerable. Be careful in that respect.

I'd rather be out in a stylish outfit and looking good and getting a few questioning looks rather than trying to push my CDing in people's faces. I don't mind leaving them wondering, just don't care for force-feeding them.
    [/SIZE]

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    nothing wrong if you look the part, then again i have only been out once!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Of course it's not wrong, but you are going to get looks or "the look". Can you handle that with getting paranoid. One other thing must be considered when you are out. What effect are you having on little kids. Adults can take care of themselves, little kids are very vulnerable. Be careful in that respect.
    Absolutely nothing "wrong" with going out in a skirt if that is what you want to do. Provided of course that you are not going to a place that has a dress code that prohibits that sort of thing. But don't be surprised or upset when people look at your oddly, or treat you oddly. What you are doing is outside the norm of behavior, and so will people's reactions be. Which means you need to be aware of your surroundings and be aware of your physical safety more than you ordinarily do - because sadly, some folks react violently.

Now - about kids. If you are doing something sexual - keep that away from kids. duh. Otherwise, kids are not fragile, they are not pure innocent little beings that will be utterly destroyed if they ever encounter real life. Kids need to encounter real life so that they know how to deal with it as adults. They are adults in training, and protecting their ignorance by protecting them from the world does not serve the kids well. Seeing a guy in a skirt is not going to hurt a child. And even when damaged, children are amazingly resilient.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickie S
    [SIZE="2"]No, I don’t see anything inherently wrong with it, but I would dispense with the flip-flops (unless they’re PINK, of course)…

I actually wear this “outfit” on occasion (it gets hot out here), but I don’t go out in it. If YOU do, bring along some protection – you’ll stick out in a crowd like a man in a skirt, an alternative visual viewpoint (target) among the proponents of heterocentrist thinking. Proceed with caution, my friend…[/SIZE]

Silver Member
    As everyone here has said, it's not wrong.

But I am going to take another tack. I think you might have an easier time of it WITHOUT the makeup and the wig. We had as member here who went out regularly with a full beard. He never had a bit of trouble. And several years ago, I saw a man in Barnes and Noble with a full beard, plaid shirt, leather vest, workboots, and the cutest pleated navy skirt. Nobody was paying him the slightest mind.

I think that it's the impersonation of a woman that gets guys into trouble. That's why women don't get into trouble when we wear pants. We aren't trying to look like men, we are just women wearing pants.

You might have better luck just wearing the darn skirt. They DO make men's business suits with a skirt, after all, and if you spend enough time in any major metropolitan area you will see someone wearing one.

Anyway, JMHO.

Stephie

Certainly it is NOT wrong. It does take courage, and being self-assured. I see that you did go to the Post Office. How was the experience? I'm betting that there were no strange looks, and no one said anything.

Please let us all know how it went, and your thoughts about the experience.

Freddy

From a moral or ethical viewpoint there is nothing wrong with wearing almost anything you wish.
    From a fashion standpoint you may have to answer to the Fashion Police.
    If you were plaid and polkadots together you may face felony charges in 17 states.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Would never say it was wrong though I wouldn't think of doing it in a million years.I think it does leave you open to the more unsavoury members of society though.And I wouldn't worry about your effect on the kids,way kids can be these days it's you I would be worried for
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I don't think it fits in with what is generally socially accepted, so you would stand out a lot more.

I of course would love to be able to do so as if it "ain't no thang"

Jean skirts 'n boots. RockerTerri's Avatar
    They make skirts out of things other than denim?

O yeah...leather. I forgot.

And OP, not a thing wrong with it; go for it!
    I love this place.