Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is there such thing as a FtM CDER ?

Quote Originally Posted by got2free.Ollie View Post
    ok wow I wanna follow along with what everyone is saying but I'm completely new to the terminology and I'm not sure what the difference is between a FtM TS, FtM TG, FtM and a FtM CDER...Can someone help me understand?
    FtM TS: Female to Male Transsexual
    FtM TG: Female to Male Transgender
    FtM: Female to Male
    FtM CDer: Female to Male Crossdresser

A FtM TS is a transman. He is fully male in identity 24/7. If it is safe enough, he'll present as male 24/7. He prefers to be referred to with "he" Him" "His" etc

A FtM TG is a much broader term. I've seen it mean different things to everyone, but I personally define it as: any person who was at one female-bodied and transgresses the social definition of femininity. This includes everyone from butch lesbians to FtM CDers to Transmen to female bodied genderqueers to everyone else in between.

A FtM CDer is a female who sometimes dresses as male. This may be to perform (as a Drag King) or in private, or just because she prefers men's clothing...
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

Call me Oliver or Ollie

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    A FtM TS is a transman. He is fully male in identity 24/7. If it is safe enough, he'll present as male 24/7. He prefers to be referred to with "he" Him" "His" etc

A FtM TG is a much broader term. I've seen it mean different things to everyone, but I personally define it as: any person who was at one female-bodied and transgresses the social definition of femininity. This includes everyone from butch lesbians to FtM CDers to Transmen to female bodied genderqueers to everyone else in between.

A FtM CDer is a female who sometimes dresses as male. This may be to perform (as a Drag King) or in private, or just because she prefers men's clothing...
    Ah ok! Thank you VERY much for those You're very helpful
    So I suppose that makes me FtM CDer and FtM TG. But I hope that FtM CDer is a bit broader of a definition than just preferring to wear men's clothing O.O so FtM CDers include people who feel they should be male but still identify currently as female? or am I out of luck on that one? lol

Quote Originally Posted by got2free.Ollie View Post
    so FtM CDers include people who feel they should be male but still identify currently as female? or am I out of luck on that one? lol
    "should" is a strong word. FtM CDers don't really feel that they "should" be male. They may not prefer to be female over male; that may not have minded being born male. But they don't think that they "should" be men, that they were born wrong...
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

Call me Oliver or Ollie
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    "should" is a strong word. FtM CDers don't really feel that they "should" be male. They may not prefer to be female over male; that may not have minded being born male. But they don't think that they "should" be men, that they were born wrong...
    Its really freakin' hard putting my feelings into words I don't think my brain feels like should was the right word there :P I think its more of, a good half the time I feel like I'm a girl and I feel 'whatever' for that, but then the other good half I feel like I'm supposed to be a guy, or that I should change...
    ...O.O dang this is gonna take allot of thinking to figure everything in my head out :P thanks for the help