Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things we give up for our femme sides.

Things we give up for our femme sides.

I was just thinking while at work tonight about the stuff we willingly and grudgingly give up, for our softer sides. For myself, I've decided that I'm going to give up smoking, starting this weekend; to free up money to get electrolysis. This is actually one of the win / win ones. I've also noticed I'm starting to be a lot more careful of what I eat and don't eat; again another win/win. The only big thing that I've given up is the amount of money I put away for just normal hobbies etc. Also soon I'll be sacrificing some of my free time; trying to get a second job to help pay for transitioning, should I choose to.

So just curious what all do you give up for your female side?

On Cloud 9, or is it 10? ErikaLeigh's Avatar
    Body hair, Gladly!!!

Other than that I havnt had to give up much, although I do need to lose some weight..... I better get right on that..... its another excuse to go shopping!!!!
    Erika Leigh

First, I happily give up about 1/3 my closet space to my girl clothes. Next, I've given up wearing regular T's and shirts because my smallish boobs are pronounced enough to require camouflaging. And last on this initial short list, is I may give up going topless at all, even to the point of not receiving massages, in order to wear a bikini this summer. I'm not sure I'm ready to have the resulting tan lines seen.

hmmmm...

I am more of a "invent a better/cheaper way" kind of person, rather than giving up things I enjoy.

Cigarettes...I quit buying them because of price, but more because of the FSC (fire-safe) scam the government adopted. I just bought a cig rolling machine for $40 and buy tobacco now. Cost is now about $2/pack max, and tastes like it is meant to, verse the chems added to the paper now.

I gave up alot of "no-shirt" activities too, since I am now sunbathing with a bra on now.
    I am going through another creative project obsession stage focused on CD related experiments. I play alot with silicone. Made breast forms (platinum cure silicone) etc. Tinted all outside windows to block view from outside. Recovered sundeck railings with sail cloth for sunbathing. Added another concealed wall storage area. (I have a few).

So, devoting lots of time to CD projects that I would typically devote to other weird projects and artwork.I tend to focus on one area until I drift into another exploration I discover along the way. Right now, CD is the focus (not "work", lol).
    Last edited by eluuzion; 04-30-2010 at 03:59 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="2"]
    1) All my guy underwear.
    2) My mustache and sideburns.
    3) All my body hair.
    4) An enormous amount of closet space.

Gee, now that I think about it, nothing of consequence!
    [/SIZE]
    I learned the laws of physics by watching Road Runner cartoons.

Do you have that, in a tall?

So far... absolutely nothing.
    For me it's currently rather the opposite. I'm giving up a part of myself (the fem part) in the open because I'm closeted. But some day that's gonna change for sure.
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

Banned Read only
    I put my entire reputation on the line, and just came out with it. And quite frankly nobody cared lol.

Whatever it was... I found that it was well worth it. I can't imagine going back,never,ever in a million years
    Last edited by kellycan27; 04-30-2010 at 04:29 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I give up more each day, I guess in time there will only be my "femme side" left

Beard, mustashe, short hair, guy clothes (thank you), American Legion leadership role ( that was not a bad thing), a few male friends.

What I gained; peace, life, new girl friends, closer to old girl friends, smooth skin and nicer hair, fabulous nails and of course all of you and more.

Teri

A part from one obvious thing i do not see that you have to give up anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    Only thing so far was my goatee. I know I'm giving up alot of future priviledges that I would otherwise just be able to take, rather than having to work very hard them like any other woman would, even harder being a transwoman.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Actually I give up nothing for my femme side, for there is nothing to give up. I guess it is maybe because I don't see the duality of the nature of it. To paraphrase the Beatles I am The Walrus, "I am her and she is me and we are all together".

In return, I gain a life that is so rich and full

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

interesting question

The question implies something in my life that I wanted to keep that I had to give up...

1) Time ... It takes a time commitment and a big one, and time we don't get back.

2)..................

The reality is that the rest of the things that changed when Tina appeared on the scene were things like 1) too much body mass, 2) less than wonderful skin, 3) weak/ripped fingernails, 4) confusion about why some semi-feminine things I did seemed natural, 5) lack of understanding about what my wife was feeling as a woman on topic after topic.

Seems that it's been a plus so far!

tina

I plan on permamently giving up a lot of my body & facial hair via laser & electro when my finances allow...for good!
    I don't want to go on hormones, I just want to be a better CD'er, and enjoy it without dealing with pain, stubble, red bumps, etc.
    I am drawing the line at, and stopping short of HRT, mainly because I have decided that as much fun as I like being out in public, I still like my guy self.
    I have tremendous respect for those who go down the long route (i.e, transition), but it is not for me. Neither is staying home & dressing up for no reason.

Account is closed
    Ice cream and chocolate
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

20 pounds of flab and half of my wardrobe space. That's about it really

for me i am finding that more quality time with cindy is needed

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Since I have no actual desire to be a woman, I did not give up or change anything. I am a male who likes to wear feminine clothes, and I do that often. That is all there is to it!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

the only item i gladly give up is hair...body hair...just wish the hair on my head would grow again.

but i must hide the best part of my self for the work day, but must wear co provided clothing any how. and that feels like very coarse burlap, so long as it does not get to hot i can under dress to have a better grade of cloth next to my skin.

Aspiring Member
    Cigerettes and booze, the beer has only been three weeks and the smokes have only been three days. Unfortunatly there is a high failure rate during the first six months. Hopefully the desire to be more femme will get me through it.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia.80
    The only big thing that I've given up is the amount of money I put away for just normal hobbies etc.
    So just curious what all do you give up for your female side?
    [SIZE="2"]I hope you’re not suggesting that crossdressing is some kind of abnormal hobby? I have news for you - it's NOT a hobby...

I gave up all of the male baggage that was heaped on me during my formative years, when I unwillingly became a compost pile of masculinity. The heat tends to build up, killing any sensitivity within (I know a thing or two about gardening, you know). Anyway, as soon as I changed into some cooler femme clothes, I left my unwanted baggage behind. I’m just trying to help others shed their “skins,” but few want to leave the boy completely…[/SIZE]

I hope you’re not suggesting that crossdressing is some kind of abnormal hobby? I have news for you - it's NOT a hobby...

Never said crossdressing was a hobby, just that due to the money I do spend on it, and am trying to put away for things related to it... I've not been able to spend the money I used to on my normal hobbies I had, computers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie1 View Post
    [SIZE="2"]
    1) All my guy underwear.
    2) My mustache and sideburns.
    3) All my body hair.
    4) An enormous amount of closet space.

Gee, now that I think about it, nothing of consequence!
    [/SIZE]
    I like this because most of my guy underwear is already gone.
    I would also like to get lasered to remove all the hair.
    Next I think would be less guy space and more girl space
    Oh yes and of course I would lose some lbs's

Katari

Gladly getting rid of body hair, male underwear just about all gone, about 50 lbs.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx