Thread: Need Help Got Busted by a Family Member

Banned Read only

Need Help Got Busted by a Family Member

For the past few months I've been staying with my aunt who has no idea about my CD. Today she was out and I was doing my laundry, she came home for lunch and the washer stopped I did not hear it and she decided to move my stuff to the dryer and discovered at least 5 of my leotards. She asked about it and I simply responded it was none of her business. Nothing else was said and she left to go back to work. Now I have a feeling this is not the end of it and she'll say something else today, so I'm wondering how to deal with it later?

The thing that kills me that I knew I should of waited till later but no I had to be a dumb a$$

Thanks,

Geoff

You may be in her home but you are you no matter what. I see no problem with it. She now knows explain it too her and just be honest. It is something to be worn under your clothes anyway.

This reminds me when my mother busted me! The night before, I thought it would have been nice to take a shower in this cute one piece I bought. I let it hang on the closest hook. Well, she decided to do some towels in the laundry. Just my luck, she found it. She woke me up the next morning holding it in her hand. Told me to get rid of it... I said I'll take care of it.

Since that day, she has never said a word to me about. I don't know if she even remembers.

About your situation though, if she's the conservative type- she might not ask into it any further. From your post, it seems obvious that you didn't want to talk about it to her, so she might respect that and wait for you to come to her first.

Good luck, girl.
    Last edited by Pink Pillow; 04-29-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Hi,

Telling her that it was none of her business sounds a bit rude to me to be honest. Especially since you are in her home and using her resources.

You could have just told the truth or put her off by a quick "we can discuss it later"

Quote Originally Posted by KarenCDFL View Post
    Hi,

Telling her that it was none of her business sounds a bit rude to me to be honest. Especially since you are in her home and using her resources.

You could have just told the truth or put her off by a quick "we can discuss it later"
    Ditto.
    Kimmy 55

Yes your partly right under normal circumstance it would be non of your Aunts business, as you should be allowed your privacy. But you are in her home and she is intitled to an explanation as she found your things in her space. Had she been snopping around, I might have a slightly different opinion. So having said that, I believe you were very RUDE to speak to her this way. You may have reacted out of embarasment (you shouldn't be), and you may not have had the words to explain your likes or passions.

Make an assumption here that she is a person who probably loves you and would do what she could to help you. I won't say man up here, but It's a good Idea for you to be self confident enough to know that you aren't doing anything evil and are not ashamed of who you are. Is it a little embarassing I know, but it would be very adult of you to have and adult conversation with an adult who is your family memeber and may only want to help you. The cats out of the bag, no make it right.

Silver Member
    "They're for exercise, Auntie", Would have been a bit more polite.

So now that you told her it's none of her business how do you think things will go from here? An apology would be a good place to start.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

ditto Jenny Beth, that would be an exulant start an apology, and then you could start your explanation on new ground,this would no doubt get thing off on the right foot
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Beth View Post
    So now that you told her it's none of her business how do you think things will go from here? An apology would be a good place to start.

AMEN on that part. Apologize to days end if need be!!!!

WHEN you apologize (notice I said "when" not "if" , I agree with the others ), you should use it as a time to come clean and also as a time to give her information on who/what a CD is. She is comming from a generation where the majority of people don't have the understanding because lack of material to learn from. Here is you chance to have a family member on your side. Don't let her use her imagination and think wrong thoughts.
    She obviously loves you and wants the best - or you wouldn't have been invited there. You owe her that much.

I agree with Karen. You should have been honest & saved youself all the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Beth View Post
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

yup an apology would be a great place to start, then perhaps a chat over a nice cuppa, made by you
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

First off being a parent and having a son tell me that from time to time, you were being disrespectful to her. She asked a question and you bit her head off. Not to mention that you live in her house. Sounds like you need to apologize for your comments and figure out some way to tell her.

Honestly is the best solution to your problem.
    Michelle