Thread: Is it wrong to enjoy moments we missed as kids?

Aspiring Member

Is it wrong to enjoy moments we missed as kids?

I didnt actively start being Tanya until I was past forty. I'm still deep undercover due to my job which this isnt the forum to go into that. But sometimes, I just have moments when the teenage girl i never got to be just comes out. I was at Walmart yesterday, heading back to the home improvement section for something and walked past the end of the lingerie section, where the pjs and sleepwear is. I have been in there late at night, but never during the day. But something caught my eye. I saw a couple of nightgowns, each with the markings of a different female superhero. I had to stop and look and buy one of each of Supergirl and Wonder Woman. Memories of when I was young and everyone wanted to be a superhero came back. I did that too, except that I had wanted to be Batgirl. If not her, I wanted to be Supergirl. I thought the rest of the day and last night about that and was happy that in a way I was fulfilling that dream, or at least getting to wearing a costume of Supergirl, and living a fantasy from when I was young. I guess I'm wondering if that's strange or not.

Hi Tanya

I don't thinks it's strange I'm 55 and I have Minnie pjs. I tell my wife I have the taste of a teenage girl. I do filter it a little for my everyday clothes. I think it's because at 54 I just started puberty and didn't get to wear all the cool clothes that a teenage girl gets to wear. This is your time you wear what makes you happy.
    Enjoy your journey Janelle
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

I also have several pairs of pj's with Minnie, Tinkerbell and Eeyore. I've gone so far as to add rhinestones to a lot of my skinny jeans and one belt. 49 here but I likes what I likes
    Barbie

Banned Read only
    No, there is nothing wrong with that. I wanted to be Supergirl but ended up Wilma Flintstone!

I was at Walmart and saw the same outfits,I almost bought one myself but my budget is kind of limited right now

Gold Member
    I remember the summer when I spent the time at my Grand Folks house by a lake.
    I would sneak in to bed some of the girls one piece suits, and put them on in bed.
    I hated to take them off in the morning.
    That was one summer I loved the most.
    Rader

Silver Member
    I think we all missed some of the things young girls went through. Have fun.

Not at all!

I'm still looking forward to the day that I can go swimming without a top That and just once I'd like to wear a shirt unbuttoned and lean forward into the wind so that I feel like a pirate lol

It also felt amazing that my dad got to help me buy my first suit and tie. It felt like he was helping me get ready for prom and it was always an experience that I had wanted to share with him.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How wonderful that u indulged yourself, Tanyalynn!

I'm 70 but Sherry is only about 17. So, there's times when a girl's going to act her age.

14663.jpg

Grabbed Frame 17 (2).jpg

18375.jpg

IMG_1181 (2) (569x640).jpg

1384014_489640351135167_32324113_n.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

i don't think that it is strange at all Tanya. We all have our own thoughts, dreams, and most importantly, childhood memories that we still need to explore. Congratulations on being yourself, and opening yourself up to that inner child

Perfectly normal. I wish that I could have been a cheerleader in high school. Maybe this Halloween.