Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is with you crossdressers?

What is with you crossdressers?

Yeah that's right... you! Why do so many crossdressers call people "hun".. Or "hon".... its totally annoying to me... AND real women don't call other people "hon".. Ok the 85 year old waitress down at the truck stop called me hon once!! And I've heard creapy old guys call young girls hun... Which weirds me out... But that's it! Like your giving your self away!!

Many time on Makeuptalk I'll be reading a thread and someone will say "Thanks hon" and right away I'm thinking Crossdresser alert! Woo wooo wooo... Lol. And 9 times out of 10 they are crossdressers trying to "sneak" in under the radar and pass online.. The 1 out of 10 I assume is the old waitress.. Her kids probably got her a PC and lord knows she could use makeup help big time!

So not that it really matters to me but if you are one of the afore mentioned "hon" speakers... Why??
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    No idea, you got me hon...

Quote Originally Posted by paulinescotlandcd View Post
    No idea, you got me hon...
    Right. Like I totally didn't see that coming!! Hahah!!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    My ex-wife always called everyone Hon. No she wasn't a crossdresser (I think I have that one covered). I think it is common for those from the south, sweetie.

Aspiring Member

I Agree !!

I with you Karen, It creeps me out and I try not to ever use the word myself....To ANYONE!!!

MY SO calls people hon, she sure as hell ain't a crossdresser or an 85 year old though
    I guess it's like asking why some people call everyone guys, it's just something people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    ...... I think it is common for those from the south, sweetie.
    And there's another good reason I'll never move south of the Mason-Dixon line ever again! Lol.

.......My Photos

I've heard it and usually from the senior set. But I wonder Karen, do you feel the same way about someone calling others honey? It's funny, the ladies I work with call each other Honey all the time, but I don't think I have heard any of them use the shorter version. How about Sweetie, or Darling? Yes, some CD'ers use those terms in talking to each other, just like the women do.
    But I guess there's a lot worse things to be called.

Would "Hugs and snuggles" be better? To each his/her own, I guess. I think you're just upset because hockey season is almost over.
    Silk bloomers make me wanna dance.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I dunno -- sure beats being called bee poop

But what if that CDer being addressed has the first name Atilla?

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

It's in the same category as "mate", "guys", la de da.... I try not to use it... it is intended as a "welcome in" term, but does it work? For me no, for my SO no too... So hun/hon...!!

Love Kaz xx

Gold Member
    My wifes home health care people call my wife "Missy"
    Now she is over 65, and it has been a long time that she was
    a "Miss". I get tired of them calling her that, But I just figure the
    source. Rader

That has always been a sore point with me too. Besides, I think those terms are reserved for loved ones. My wife is free to refer to me as "dear" (often does) or "hun" (never done it) but anyone else addressing me that way kind of annoys me.

"Hon", "Deary", sweetie" and all the rest of those sweet endearments from total strangers tend to turn me off too. I especially do not like it when a stranger says that to me in guy mode in restaurants, stores or anywhere. I appreciate that some people grew up with that and that is OK, however, I feel sometimes that they are invading my personal territory, almost like that mystical personal space that we sometimes have and feel uncomfortable when someone invades it and stands too close. And last but not least, like that advertisement song that you just can't stand hearing and all of a sudden find your self singing to yourself, some bad habits get picked up like a toenail fungus, (that I have just discovered is what I have! - drats) and that is just as hard to get rid of!

I would think it sure as heck beats being called Mister
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

It's better than what I call some of you
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Using flowery language like that, in my honest opinion, is an attempt by some to exhibit femininity in their speak. The clothes are there, as might be the overall look and mannerisms, etc. So for many it seems natural to add the flowery speech but to my ears, it comes across as forced and contrived more often than not. I listen for what's in the heart as stated by mere words in determining in my mind whether I'm hearing a soprano or baritone in these pages. Contrived speach usually makes me hear a baritone.

BTW, just watched the Kentucky Derby. The winning jockey kept calling the woman who was interviewing him "sweetie" and "baby". D'ya think he was one of us? Nah, that was likely southern-speak which means that my perception described above likely should be tempered somewhat in knowing that people simply speak in that manner in different parts of the country.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Karren -- I will have to now remember to never again use the term Hun in any of my postings. Thanks for bringing this to the forefront. Thanks to you, dear, I pledge not to use that term of endearment.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Ha Ha , nice question.
    I get called honey, sweetheart, darling at work in male mode at work, so "hon" here is less than I'm used too. (unless I don't manage to fix their computer problem, in which case its ... useless £$%@ !!!)
    But since I personally have never used the word myself on this forum I guess I won't reply to this post. oops

Aspiring Member
    Lighten up Francis! I don't see anything wrong with the Hon label. It's like the other short names or titles used in everyday life like Babe, Sweetie, etc. None of them bother me. Just don't call me late for dinner.
    Last edited by Bobbie Bee; 05-01-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Banned Read only
    actually hun, the young GGs I come into come into contact with say hun all the time. including my sisters, and my ex gf. linguistics is ever changing, dont feel bad if you feel left behind you old bat

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My own personal view is that I don't like it because it sounds condescending. IMHO mothers, and others often seem to say it to children and that's why (for me) it sounds condescending ..... although, granted, it does depend on the context of how it's said, even so I don't happen to personally like it.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Karren -- I will have to now remember to never again use the term Hun in any of my postings. Thanks for bringing this to the forefront. Thanks to you, dear, I pledge not to use that term of endearment.
    Yeah! I could put "No hon zone" in my signature just to remind everyone!! Lol

.......My Photos

Damn, I thought I had the copyright on that endearing nickname.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Sweetie, calm down ... it isn't that bad honey, you have just read the wrong threads ! Really going forward won't you just die if I don't call you dear (even though we've never met and probably never will?) ??? Why are you getting your panties in a bunch for anyway hun ? HUH ? I mean really, don't you think this is how all women talk ?? I do ...

Truth is, some do, most don't.
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.