Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing at home just is not enough

Dressing at home just is not enough

Lately I have noticed that dressing at home is just not enough. If I am going to take the time to fully dress, I need to get out in the world. Nails, shaving, Dressing, make-up, choosing the right outfit and wig is a lot of work. Just as while get out and enjoy myself. Don't really care where I go as it is just fun. Bought some tools at Harbor Freight today and got a mam. Not that I am 100% passable but I work at it and enjoy it. Anybody else feel this way

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    I just started going out and I have to say its a blast. I am still really careful about where I go, but getting more and more carefree every time! There is nothing better the sound of your own heels on the sidewalk!
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

sunny with a high of 75!
    To quote my friend Nikkie- we are all 100% passable as T-folk!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

No!

If u'r like me, and CAN'T pass at midnite, driving by a blind person, why would u want to go out dressed in public?

If I REALLY want abuse, I'll go to a local political rally and hold a up sign saying something nice about our president!

At least I stand a slite chance of getting out of there alive!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yea Right

I think it would be great to bust a move on the town. Until coworkers and nonunderstand comunity people decide that your too weird and then the next comes the cries from the comunity to remove you from your job. That's when the fun is over. If anyone out there thinks I'm wrong. I suggest you watch a show that aired on cnn a few months ago. The name of the show is " Her name was Steven " The show was CNN presents. Episode 350 aired on 3-13-10 at7:00 pm central time. After seeing that show and looking at my situation I'm concerned for myself!!!! It makes you think!!!!!!!!!
    The lonely flower in the desert wearing HEELS

No way am I getting all Tashed up and staying home. There's nothing quite like getting out and about.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    If I REALLY want abuse, I'll go to a local political rally and hold a up sign saying something nice about our president!
    Just please, please don't do that en femme, Sherry! We don't need the bad press!

Actually, I have been thinking about going to the next Tea Party rally en femme with a sign along the lines of "GLBT's for Freedom!" My bet is that I'll get far more approval than disapproval.

Stephanie, I'm a definite out-and-about crossdresser. Still, like Sandra, I urge you to approach going out with serious consideration. It can have consequences.

I'll head for my shelter now.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraAbsent View Post
    I just started going out and I have to say its a blast. I am still really careful about where I go, but getting more and more carefree every time! There is nothing better the sound of your own heels on the sidewalk!
    you said it best, I always wished I could do this!

Ladies
    I can say from experience their is nothing like the first time being out dressed up. It was a bunch of years ago and you never forget anything about it. You remember everything you wear and the places you walked even if it was a short walk. I made it a point to stay from areas my former wife's friends would go and shop and away from people and friends I knew at the time would be. Try to discrete when you are out. Be careful and most of all have fun I'm positive you will
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieT View Post
    Lately I have noticed that dressing at home is just not enough. If I am going to take the time to fully dress, I need to get out in the world. Nails, shaving, Dressing, make-up, choosing the right outfit and wig is a lot of work. Just as while get out and enjoy myself. Don't really care where I go as it is just fun. Bought some tools at Harbor Freight today and got a mam. Not that I am 100% passable but I work at it and enjoy it. Anybody else feel this way
    I feel the same way.
    In fact, knowing that I can't get out will often stop me from even bothering with it at all. I get real frustrated by that.

I wish I had an attached garage. I could get ready, jump discreetly into the car and leave my neighborhood unnoticed. As is, swarming kids and chatty adults keep me boxed in.
    The older I get, the more real I feel. And what I feel is not all that I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please visit me on Facebook - Dina Walker http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003166749185

I'd love to

Gosh, I would love to be able to dress and go out in public - a real dream....but I do not think I could ever get to that level by myself. I would need some sisters for support (and to check out my makeup and build my confidence, etc.). I'm a big fellow and hmmmm, not sure I could pass. And I'm not sure where I could find the help, so I'm probably going to stay at home for now. But I envy those who have made the step and love hearing your stories and fantasizing.....
    The Wise Ol' Momma Owl....Darla Jean

Yep, just like that old saying.... All dressed up and no place to go. It does get old and we want to venture out.

I drive at night and love it.Can't get out in the daylight. And that's fine with me.I'm happy.
    Angie

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    Actually, I have been thinking about going to the next Tea Party rally en femme with a sign along the lines of "GLBT's for Freedom!" My bet is that I'll get far more approval than disapproval.
    As a "Tea Party" conservative, not a Republican, I would have to say you would be pleasantly surprised. Especially if you stumbled upon me. I believe completely in freedom of every sort including the freedom to be who I am within the confines of morality. By morality I mean as long as what I am doing does not put another person at risk of physical, emotional, or mental harm, I should be able to engage in life at will. Our creator never intended us to be intruded upon by a government, created us in his image, and blessed us with free will. Hmmm created in his image? I wonder if Jerry Farwell would agree with me there, if he saw me en femme? I guess I'm not exactly a religious conservative nut case after all. Or even better, if I phoned Anne Coulter or Sarah Palin to share my views.

Any how get dressed and go out, pass or not. Most importantly have fun.
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

Yes, It has been interesting over time, It is almost like for every new adventure jenny has just experienced, there is something new she wants to try.

I think coming here and seeing what others have done and enjoyed has something to do with it, but it is also that inner feelings I think we all have inside us, driving us to be more of that ideal female.

Anyway, over 45 years of realizing I am different, trying to understand it and now nurture it has been fun, frightening, expanding, and for me a very worthwhile experience. Hope it can be fro you as well.

I couldn't agree more. It is just to much trouble to go through all that without somewhere fun to go.
    Michelle

I have noticed I will get dressed and stay in. However... I will not take the time and care that I do when I go out. I will work much longer on my makeup when Im going out, make sure I have all my accesories, and definitely have to put on my nails. Staying in can get made up and dressed in half an hour. Going out at least double or triple that.

Sounds like me a few months ago. Before, I would just stay comfortably at home. But then I started having frequent bouts of cabin fever... which led to my first outing. After that, I guess the "dam" broke and now I feel like going out everytime I dress, even if it's just for a drive. I don't always do, but I sure feel like it!

Quote Originally Posted by gabimartini View Post
    Sounds like me a few months ago. Before, I would just stay comfortably at home. But then I started having frequent bouts of cabin fever... which led to my first outing. After that, I guess the "dam" broke and now I feel like going out everytime I dress, even if it's just for a drive. I don't always do, but I sure feel like it!
    You do get better at dressing and going out with time and the more time you spend out the more you want to go out en femme and you can get addicted to it in a way. Don't dress in a way that you would get noticed and read. Just go with the flow and enjoy the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    I couldn't agree more. It is just to much trouble to go through all that without somewhere fun to go.
    1000% agree.

Gold Member
    Since I will never be able to remotely pass, Just going down to the mail box
    under dressed with forms in-place is like going out dressed to the hill.
    I know it is tiny in comparison to a lot of forum members, but you enjoy
    what you can get. Rader

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I used to get dressed up for a day with my computr. Nowdays that sounds so boring. I have to get out and do stuff.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

For me it's just a private fetish I guess. I have no intention of going out dressed. Right now it's just lingerie and nothing else.

I went through a stage in life when I basically lived at home as a woman and used to venture into the garden for a cigarette (quit now) and go for a drive semi dressed but it becomes not enough in time and the urge to go further creeps in. Now I dress when I can and when that is quite often I do start wanting to go further and go out dressed.

If you are just in it for fun, there are always places to go...its on you ...yes there is always a risk, but there are private events and gay neighborhoods...remember you are pretty well disguised...

when i was occiasionally crossdressing, i ran into people I knew at very close range on a couple of occasions...since transitioning i've asked them if they remember and none of them had a clue or even remember the day it happened...

i realize that i'm on the east coast and it's a bit more friendly than the deep south, but then get your butt to southern comfort and have some fun