Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you go 24/7 if you could?...If you already are, are there any regrets?

Aspiring Member
    I rarely post on this part of the forum anymore, but thought I could put my two pennorth in here, given the OP's clarifying post.

I am now pre op undergoing my RLE and have been living FT since 1st January. I don't regret a single minute, yes there have been issues with family and a close relationship but after too many years of denial I had to finally be true to myself.

I guess I'm lucky cos I don't need a wig, although using hair straighteners and trying to get my hair something like it is after I've left the hairdressers is a challenge, but having a nice feminine style helps an awful lot in the confidence stakes.

I don't get a thrill from living as a woman, because that's what I am (my passport and driving licence say so too!! )

The only regret that I have is not being able to do this soone and miss the life I would have had... I'm happier than I've ever been...ever

Yes i would, if I could.

I am at that age where I could present as female all the time if it was possible. I don't need to prove anything to anyone anymore. I could do all the same things I do now but dress as I wished. Why? Because in daily life there isn't that much difference in what casual women wear and what casual men wear as far as type of clothing. The added advantage for me would be the ability to wear skirts and dresses in a work atmosphere. In my profession most the women present as "male" appearance on a daily basis except they don't wear ties (which is required as a "Professional" look in males otherwise men aren't professional I guess) so I would be the abnormal one again because on some days I would wear a dress. So if the question is would I present as feminine. Yes. If the question is would I wear nothing but dresses and skirts all the time, no. You see that is the major advantage women have, they don't HAVE to wear specific things.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I've managed to do the 24/7 thing for 3-4 days a couple of times over the years. It's been great, but each time I've been ready to leave it behind and go back to my male world again. Part of the reason is my face is approaching raw and I'm tired of the forms, wig and pads. I also get tired of so obviously being the guy in a skirt.

No restrictions would mean that I would have to be a totally different person for it to work and for me to be happy. I'd have to be shorter, have more feminine features, no male pattern sunburn, inplants etc. That's too much to consider and like some of the others here, I accept that I'm an occasional, but regular crossdresser, not a potential T.S.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Yes I would go 24/ 7 if I could right now I'm try to go as long as I can but I'v got kid's so I cant right now

Platinum Member
    at home, I'm pretty much 24/7, but not to the outside world. My freedom came about when the youngest moved out of the house. My only regret has been that it took so long. I was fully closeted for half my life and really missed a lot of life as a result!

I am not able to answer that question. I love derssing and the feeling of (in my thoughts) being a woman. I love to put on the linerie, makeup and clothes, hose, heels and grab my purse. What a dreem feeling, and then go out to shop, dinner, drinks, and so forth. However, my male side is somewhat dominate in my work (when I have some). I thin I would really just prefer that every one I knew, knew that I was a crossdresser, so that we could all just get past it. Then, everyday as my needs and desires dictated to me, I coiuld choose to be Paula or my male self. Work, home, shopping where ever, it just wouldn't be any big deal. That would be my wish.

Paula

I would definitly transition if there wasn't anything holding me back. Unfortunetly life doesn't give you the oportunity to do all the things you want at the same time, so I'm going to wait till some of these things holding me back finish up and hope that I don't get more on my plate in the meantime. Life would have been so much better if I could have just been born gg, but thats only what I can see with my small field of vision and know that there are probably reasons why I wasn't. Things seem to work out in the end.

Yes, I'd go full-time if I could. Frankly, most days I could just add a wig, forms and a couple of baubles to what I'm wearing right now. My day-to-day outfits already sport a lack of neckties, shoelaces and buttons, and I have been "ma'am"-ed more than once by people who haven't seen my face first.

I like sexy, pretty clothes, but I know I have an unusual body for a woman. I've always identified with independent and artistic women who dress according to their lights. That's the kind of gal I'd like to be 24/7. It's what's inside the woman that really matters the most.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Non ! Rien de rien...
    As a 24/7 non op trans ... I could return to gender any time at all ...
    However, I have never been so at peace with myself.
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

I dress properly 24/5 (not a mistake) i still need to dress in boy mode on occasions. Where as i needed to plan my girly day's before it seems now i have to plan my boy day's.
    It's greeeat being a girl. xxx

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar

I did.

Pushing aside all the percieved reasons for not being me, the expectations of society, and 1000 other fears, I did go 24/7.

Since then I have never looked back. The funny thing is that often when we turn dreams into reality, we find that the expectations of the dreams were nothing like what reality turns out to be. Life goes back to normal and I can say that life as a woman is not much different than it was a man!

Katie

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    I went fulltime about 10 months ago was on hormones had my name changed and started my transition. Do I have any regrets No I love my new self and Im happy and dont miss my past life.

I don't think I can answer because I can't really imagine it happening. It would be easy to say "yes," but I think it would not be so easy to actully live it. Probaby I am just a crossdresser and would not find any enjoyment in living as a woman while not spending time dressed up in very femme outfits.

I'm impressed by those who have done this and have no regrets, who express such great joy in what they have done. I could not dare for such results for myself.

Michaella

Hello Deborah!
    I dress usually about 5 days per month. The time is when I'm away from home at my business in Phoenix. When there, it is my "fem week". I love it. Every day I pull off my night gown, work for 8 hours as a guy, and then get ready for the upcoming evening and night when I can get off work and go out dining, dancing and playing. Every time the week is ending I always have this melancholy feeling that it would be wonderful to be Charlie all the time. That I would love to have every night dedicated to being womanly. Would it really be a good thing? Would I still love and adore getting all dressed up fully if I did it every day? Would it cease to be special? I don't really know. Dressing to the nines every day and dawning wigs, makeup, nails perfect and selecting the perfect outfit everyday is a job (a wonderful job as it is).
    Charlie

Being a CD'er is an innate part of me, that's just how my brain is wired. I finally accepted it. If I didn't enjoy my male self, I would have made the transition to go full time long ago, and being TS which I have considered a number of times.

Nathalie is no stay-at-home gal, she is a socializer who is out & about.
    I'm going to take a hiatus for the summer since I have so many committments outside my trans life. This is the first year that I have spent out in public on a regular basis a couple times a month, and next weekend is the grand finale until september. Last night I went grocery shopping en femme and it felt natural. I guess I'm going to realize how much I'll miss it for the next few months. So, we'll see how it goes.

Did it 4 years ago and no return..........

I did 10 months and have not looked back. My name and gender is changed and last week I finally received my corrected birth certificate.

My only regret is I waited so long. I can't even imagine pretending to be male again.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Gold Member
    Not for me. I enjoy all parts of me. I do want to expand my dressings some, but not to 24/7.

I think that I would give it a try, but I really do not have a feminine body so, yeah, things would get ugly quickly.

To be honest I kind of like the fact that I can be Makaila one day and the other me on other days. Both of us have advantages so it really would be something requiring a lot of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Jane View Post
    If you are already living "femme" 24/7, do you have any regrets?
    [SIZE=2]I've been living as a woman 24/7 now for the past 9 months & have absolutely no regrets doing so, and have been loving every minute of it !!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So for me , this was no doubt the very best thing I ever did for myself since it was long overdue..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]But of course there where many obstacles, downers & heartbreak that I & others had to endure in order to get to this point....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]My only regrets was not telling my parents about my condition when I was a young child & not transitioning 35 years ago while I was still a teenager....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Oh well, as they say, better late than never...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

nope...too selfish!

Really...I'm just too selfish...I want both genders! I want 24/7 in one gender and then 24/7 in the other. If I could accomplish that switch every 3 or 4 days, forever, it would be just perfect .

tina

I went 24/7 about 16 months ago, and never looked back. No regrets, well one that I did not do it any sooner!!!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Jane View Post
    If there was nothing holding you back [job, family, commitments, etc], would you live 24/7 as a woman?
    My gut (impulsive?) reaction would be: Yes, in a heartbeat .... (work is holding me back mostly) ... BUT .... I guess that would depend on how I was treated by the world at large, i.e. if I was "close enough" to passing that people didn't give me a hard time, I think I would do it. You see, I don't like being the center of attention so if I was able to be "normal" in the way I was perceived by others, and blend into the background and just live my life as a woman without issue .... then: Yes, in a heartbeat!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!