Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you go 24/7 if you could?...If you already are, are there any regrets?

It would be nice to be able to do so, HOWEVER some times you gotta do GUY stuff, and it's a lot easier doin' guy stuff as a guy than it is as a girl, I THINK!!

Been there, done that, and didn't even get a lousy t-shirt. I lived full time for about 2 years with hormones and all. It was a difficult time and I had many problems which lead to being hospitalized several times. Living full time as a female was not the right thing for me and it almost killed me, literally. Now I know who and what I am and can be happy with just dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonianne View Post
    No. I know myself and that would not work for me.

I do wish I could have been born female, but even though I know I have a strong feminine side, especially emotionally, I have too much of a male mind and male body. I am balanced and happy identifying "with" females, but not "as" a female.
    My thoughts are the sames as Jonianne here. Its also the reason I don't feel like going for anything like an Operation.

with nothing holding me back - yes!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I would really love to.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I already go 24/7 as a woman and don't have any regrets at all. It's great, I sleep as a woman, dress as a woman, act like a woman, use the women's restrooms and everything else that a woman does and love it. I get treated like a woman when I'm out in public, it's great.

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    My regret is that i allowed myself to suffer so long..

the excitement around living as a woman lasts about 15 minutes...after that its just real life..

even in the fantasy world of click your fingers and voila you are female, you would likely find that all the things you find so exciting now become mundane and a daily grind part of your life...

... crossdressers have all the fun
    Well said ! Once I gave myself permission to venture out and DO the ordinary-woman things I had dreamed about. fantasies became memories.

Maybe I don't have much of an imagination.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Silver Member
    No regrets.

This should stir the pot...

Okay, I don't think that physically I'll ever be very "passable." With that in mind no, I would not like to to 24/7. But if we are dreaming the fantasy, if I could live 24/7 as an attractive woman or TS.... definately. Unfortunately, a less than attractive man can do pretty well, if he is sucessful.... Geez, look at Donald Trump.... . But there is a reality that an unattractive female is going to have it tougher in life than an unattractive man. Whew!!! I sense the daggers coming. So, if I could look like what I find attactive in a woman.....Yes! Obviously, it would have been better to been born an attractive GG, but there certainly are some very attractive women here that were not born that way. So, please, I'm not attacking anyone here, just throwing out some thoughts....

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Jane View Post
    If there was nothing holding you back [job, family, commitments, etc], would you live 24/7 as a woman?
    No I wouldn't, I would like to go out with others dressed, but the truth is I'm just a CD.
    Last edited by az_azeel; 05-02-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: fixed quote

I think about this a lot but I am not sure if this is the path for me and until I am sure I think it is unwise to make any changes I can't undo.

I will just have to walk my path one step at a time.

I've been 24/7 for a number of years. I wished I had started earlier !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

the excitement around living as a woman lasts about 15 minutes...after that its just real life..
    Debs, I hope you don't mind my asking this, but you might also be interested in the answer? If you don't want GGs posting in your thread just let me know and I'll delete this post.

Kaitlyn would you liken it to the excitement the typical 16 year-old boy might have about getting his driver's license and a car, so that he can have his freedom? My sons were chomping at the bit to learn how to drive. But a week after they were finally driving on a regular basis it had lost it's magic. It just became something utilitarian to do.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Debs, I hope you don't mind my asking this, but you might also be interested in the answer? If you don't want GGs posting in your thread just let me know and I'll delete this post.

Kaitlyn would you liken it to the excitement the typical 16 year-old boy might have about getting his driver's license and a car, so that he can have his freedom? My sons were chomping at the bit to learn how to drive. But a week after they were finally driving on a regular basis it had lost it's magic. It just became something utilitarian to do.
    Reine, I for one am always looking for posts from GG's on most any topic we might be on. I for the life of me can't imagine anyone not wanting inpuiut from you or any other GG.

And in response to your answer Reine, I think you are right. it might become less exciting. Not to mention what some of us have to do to be convincing. Doing that every time I wanted to leave the house would take way to much time. I'd always be late for something!

My regret is that i allowed myself to suffer so long..

even in the fantasy world of click your fingers and voila you are female, you would likely find that all the things you find so exciting now become mundane and a daily grind part of your life..i'm not saying i don't enjoy wearing something nice, or getting my hair just right..but i also enjoy a pint of guinness

if you arent suffering your male life, don't waste your time wishing and just enjoy the heck out of your femme side...

... crossdressers have all the fun
    Do you really feel that way about living as a female? I am asking because someone else mentioned the same thing in another thread. I have been living full time for about 7 years now, and I still find it pretty exciting, and I am constantly being exposed to different things and people. My life is no way as mundane as it was while living as a man. My self esteem and self confidence are off the charts in comparrison to what they once were. I love my job, I love my house and I am in love. I can't think of one single regret other than my father passing away before we could get this thing resloved between us, and that he didn't get the chance to see how happy I am with my new life.
    I feel like I have the world by the tail and I want to take full advantage of it.

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

In a word yes, I would live as Nicole 24/7 in a heart beat.

I have had the opportunity to live as Nicole for a week or two at a time 2 or 3 times a year for the past few years and absolutely loved each and every moment of it. I will have the chance to once again live as Nicole for 6 days beginning this Thursday and I intend to make the most of it. I have made plans with several of the girls and a few gg friend of mine and will just let Nicole live her life to the fullest. I find that I am really much happier when living as Nicole and would have absolutely no questions about living as her full time.

Thankyou to everyone who have responded so far, there are some very interesting answers

It's ok Reine, this thread is open to everyone to answer

I've started it because I'm just trying to gauge some of my own thoughts in relation to the subject.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    At first my answer would be yes! However I know how I am and if I had no commitments after going 24/7 I would not last pass a week! It would be fun to be 24/7 I just know that when I did my 3 days I did not dress again for over 4 weeks!

Excellent! It's exactly that....my daughter is at that stage right now!! small world..

I enjoy many "girly" things...its fun to shop sometimes for example, but i used to think about shaving my legs in a warm bubble bath days in advance..and now i look down in the shower and say shit and run a razor over my legs....

don't get me wrong, i'm happy as a clam..but a crossdressing guy is not gonna like it after the thrill wears off...that all being said, my wish for every crossdresser is to get a significant time period, couple of days, a week, to live in femme mode full time and i bet that would be loads of fun..

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I believe if given an irreversable choice of 24/7 or nothing. I would opt for 24/7. It seems that the older I get the more irritated I become with all the guy stuff. The testosterone driven behavior turns me off, and I find myself naturally gravitating towards women in all types of settings. I wish all that is available today, the internet, the support groups, just the amount of knowledge regarding sexual reassignment were available to me decades ago. I have little doubt that today, I would be 24/7 "naturally". [/SIZE]
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Yep!

If by 24/7 you mean "dressing" as a woman and having to go through all that I do now to present myself in that light (breastforms, padding, wigs) then no. It's a great deal of effort to transform my body this way to express my feminine self.
    If I could afford to do all that would be needed to actually transform myself (implants in various places, FFS, SRS) then absolutely I would. Unfortunately, that is not in the financial picture, nor is the acceptance of friends, family and work.

It's nice to dream though...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Went 24-7 this past October and have not regretted it a bit.

Teri

Hi..
    Knowing who you are, will tell you its not for fun its not even an act, to not have your womb will tell you you have missed out on a very importaint part of your life & that for me is not being able to have & carry my own little one that is the only regret ill ever have that means any thing to me.

Yes i do have regrets just nothing to do with being trans , they are just things that i made mistakes in & that would be about my self as a person not wether im a male female ,
    & yes im happy being who i am & more so now as a woman & being able to express my self as one,
    I like my womens clothes because i can wear them all the time , & that is a part of how i express my self .
    male clothes i total all out hated them . how i wore them ill never know .
    what got me through was being both male & female , other wise hmmm , dont wont to go there, 8 years of hell was enough ,
    & what stands out now to me is, no way is there any regrets at all being ...woman...

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Do you really feel that way about living as a female? I am asking because someone else mentioned the same thing in another thread. I have been living full time for about 7 years now, and I still find it pretty exciting, and I am constantly being exposed to different things and people. My life is no way as mundane as it was while living as a man. My self esteem and self confidence are off the charts in comparrison to what they once were. I love my job, I love my house and I am in love. I can't think of one single regret other than my father passing away before we could get this thing resloved between us, and that he didn't get the chance to see how happy I am with my new life.
    I feel like I have the world by the tail and I want to take full advantage of it.

Kel
    Sorry Kelly I missed the post...yes i feel this way..

I am not saying I don't enjoy being me. Far from it.

My favorite part is that I now have friends that only know me as Kate and I can feel totally comfortable and open about myself...i find this very rewarding,,..but i was commenting on the day to day realities of living 24/7

It's wonderful, but there is no magic to it for me. Even though I am very excited about my life, I don't feel like I have the world by the tail.....
    i think its great that you do.

Remember as well, i have two teenage daughters, i do not have the option of being stealth, and i haven't found work as Kaitlyn ... i had a very "corporate" lifestyle so i'm in the process of figuring out what to do with my life (this part is alot scarier for a middle aged person)...so there is alot of grinding it out in my day to day life...

oh yeah, and i'm not in love!!! i think that makes a big difference