Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 3 Inquiring Minds Want To Know !

Week 3 Inquiring Minds Want To Know !

Thank you all for your input the past two weeks. Here are week 3's questions We GG's look forward to your answers!

Week 3
    7) When you say that you "pass", do you mean that you do not stand out as a guy if people don't look too closely, or do you mean that strangers will mistake you for a GG when they stare at you?

8) Do you feel it is only your voice that gives you away when you are read?

9) Do you really believe yourself to be more feminine, prettier, etc, than the average GG, or do you post these thoughts just because it is a fun thing to do?
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Gold Member
    7) When you say that you "pass", do you mean that you do not stand out as a guy if people don't look too closely, or do you mean that strangers will mistake you for a GG when they stare at you?

If they looks closely at all or stare, then they will know. I think they will always know, but I will try and get better at my presentation to make it not as obvious. My goal is to blend. IOW, just to be able to walk along and not draw attention just based on my looks. So that people just going about their business may not even notice me. Those that pay attention will likely know.

I am still a bit of a beginner. So the baratone voice is definately one thing. But I think there are many appearance things that can still give me a way. This is a journey for me and not a destination. So I hope to improve as I go along and drive down that "read" percentage.

9) Do you really believe yourself to be more feminine, prettier, etc, than the average GG, or do you post these thoughts just because it is a fun thing to do?

I have never posted anything like that. I can only aspire to look as good as a GG. I just hope to learn from the ladies that are willing to assist me.

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    I have never gone out expecting to pass (being taken as a female while interacting with others). I try to dress the best and most appropiate I can, while still being comfortable, and just be OK even if others see me as a crossdresser.

My voice has definatly given me away in the past. Once, a couple ladies asked me a question and I answered in my male voice, they said "you just gave yourself away!" I think they were wondering anyway. My stocky build and gait and not so feminine face kind of gives me away too. There have been some who have thought I was female. A lady I know saw me once and said to herself "wow, that lady sure has a masculine face!" At least she thought I was a lady with a masculine face! She soon recognized me though.

First of all, ALL women are beautiful and most could be gorgeous! I don't hold a candle to the least of women.
    Last edited by Jonianne; 05-02-2010 at 10:02 AM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Well lets see in order 1) I dont pass- I just expect(and hope) people to treat me with respect, or just plain ignore me. I try to dress appropriately for situation so I guess I try to fit in. 2) My voice is what it is not especially deep or masculine or feminine. I figure it is the least of my concerns about passability. 3) I find women as a whole beautiful and only try not to embarrass them by looking like a WLO(Woman Like Object).

Week 3
    I've never felt I pass, so "I pass" is not a statement I make.

I try to avoid talking when out, as with my deep voice it would be a dead giveaway regardless.

I've never made this statement, as I believe it to be untrue.

Thank you all for your input the past two weeks. Here are week 3's questions We GG's look forward to your answers!

Week 3
    I don't say I pass. That is unless it's in a dark nightclub. I would not make it in daylight I don't think.

Very rare that I've been out in public. But no, I would not think it is "only" my voice, but it sure would out me. I have a deep voice.

How to answer this without sounding vain? There are people, male and female, that just do not look attractive at all. Some, sadly are what many would call ugly. so I would say that in fem mode I look more feminine, prettier, etc, then some or many GG's look.

7) Passing to me means doing my thing, whatever it happens to be that day, without significant incident.

8) I'm sure that by the time I'm close enough to say something, they already know.

9) All things equal, not a chance. More stereotypically "girly" maybe, but that's not the same thing as "feminine".
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Fascinating to see what our GG's are concerned about or interested in!

I think that in the strictest sense, passing would mean that no one would know we were male, even upon close inspection or interaction. Alas, I myself fall more in to the category of ". . . do not stand out as a guy if people don't look too closely".
    I've always been honest here that all I've ever posted are my best pictures. You don't get to see the ones that clearly show a tired old man in makeup.

Lord no. When you have been out and about enough, you get to where you know when you have been read. The smiles, or the frowns, and probably a dozen other cues that I can't put my finger on tell me when I'm read. While there have been a few notable exceptions, most of the time when I am read, it is well before I open my mouth.

9) Do you really believe yourself to be more feminine, prettier, etc, than the average GG, or do you post these thoughts just because it is a fun thing to do?[/QUOTE]

I don't for a moment think that I can hold a candle to your average GG. In all honesty, this has sometimes depressed the hell out of me. LOL Do you know what I long for and wish I had experienced? Just being your average run of the mill woman, that's what. How neat it would be to head out the door without half an inch of makeup, false breasts, and hip pads. How neat to be able to throw on jeans and a top and still look cute.
    No, I have no illusions of competing with your average GG.

missed the last two rounds but I'll play this time...

Personally, I avoid use of the word pass. How do we really know if we pass? Silence of those we encounter doesn't tell us for sure so as far as I'm concerned, no one can ever say for sure one way or the other. Blend, in my opinion, is a much more achievable goal. This means being accepted for who you are, whether it be as a woman at a glance or as a transgendered woman on closer inspection. My personal expectation is that I will be read as tg, that I hope those who do so will say "hey, she pulls it off pretty well".

Trust me, I have plenty of flaws to give me away before I even open my mouth!!! That said, the voice thing is not too much of a concern of mine. I can raise it an octave or so which gives me a presentable voice without sounding too swishy. And since I don't care so much about being read, I don't worry that this is "the thing" that puts me over the edge when it comes to blending in.

I would NEVER make such an assertion. As far as I am concerned, any natal woman has scoreboard on me and I would never profess to have an ounce more femininity. Just as women are all different in how they project femininity, so is our community. But when all is said and done, women are women and despite what I have in my heart and what I can do from an appearance standpoint, I will always be envious of them (in speaking to any gg reading this, envious of you).
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Week 3

Passing means going out interacting in public or ok one on one and not being spotted as being Trans. I can't pull that off. Very few Tgirls can. Maybe 2%.

Yes my voice is my biggest weakness, but beyond that full coverage makeup and wigs are other clues. But when I got 'da look' going I can blend in out in public and get a big kick out of that.

9) Do you really believe yourself to be more feminine, prettier, etc, than the average GG, or do you post these thoughts just because it is a fun thing to do.

No I am not more pretty than the average GG...dammit!!! But I will be honest here and not be politically correct. When I was in my prime yeap I could give da GGs a run for their money! Thats GGs in my age bracket by the way.

But closing in on 50 years of age and gaining weight has taken its toll. Full coverage makeup and wrinkles are a bad combo.

7. I think only a handful of us are able to manage 100% stealth passing. That said, when I say pass, I mean blend in a crowd, and be thought of as a GG by the majority. Of course, a careful second look should give most of us away.

8. Voice is a biggie to most. It will give anybody away, no matter how good the transformation.

9. No matter how hard I try to emulate what GGs are by birth, I always come out behind. So, no, I don't think I'm prettier or more feminine than the average GG. Heck, I'm not prettier than the below-average GG. I'm a man, for cryingoutloud!!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    #1Have never said I "pass" more like,get away with it on occasion lol

#2No,Spotted well before then

#3Have never said It

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    Well lets see in order 1) I dont pass- I just expect(and hope) people to treat me with respect, or just plain ignore me. I try to dress appropriately for situation so I guess I try to fit in.
    Really good answer,I think rather than pass,just to have most ppl show respect and leave you be,Is a more realistic aim for most of us
    Last edited by Nigella; 05-02-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: This forum has an edit button for your post and a multi quote button to quote other posts, please use them
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Mostly I would say that I don't stand out as a guy if people don't look too closely. I like to think that I'm giving off lots of feminine clues and it seems to be working most of the time as most people do seem to treat me as a woman when I go out in mainstream places. Did I really pass? ... who knows? We can't know what people are truly thinking but not saying. It is quite strange though just how often people ignore me, but I think that's got more to do with them not paying attention rather than my being passable.

Well I do quite often get wide eyed looks or sudden smiles when I speak, but "only my voice" .... no. I'm sure there are other things that give me away.

I think you have the wrong person. To my knowledge, I have never indicated that I think or feel this way. There is no way on earth, not even slightly, that I could be more feminine or prettier than the average GG. They're the real deal. I'm a fake.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Week 3

I don't pass, far from it, but I just try my hardest to blend in, as long as they don't look too close,I've probably been lucky as not too many incidents,or I've not noticed them ,at 63 yrs of age do you think i care ,either

I don't think its just my voice,it could be a number of things ,but as long as I am treated with respect I don't mind or really care, I'm just enjoying myself, and some people just don't care how you are dressed

I've never posted anything that says I'm even in the same league as a GG, though I wouldn't mine looking as good ,GGs are in a class of there own

to all

J-JAY
    Last edited by joandher; 05-02-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Week 3

I don't pass at all

It's a combination oif my voice, my gut, my ugly mug and my particular choice of tattoo design and placement.

It would be a sad day if I were considered prettier than your average GG.

Week 3
    I would never pass so this does not apply to me .

No it would not be only my voice that would give me away, it would be the whole body language

I do not believe that i have ever posted any suggestion that i am prettier than any GG let alone an average looking one (whatever that is) and do i really believe that i am more feminine or prettier that a GG , well i know i am mad and a bit insane , but not that mad , ( unfortunately i am a realist)
    I must admit that i have felt a bit silly even answering this one as i feel that it is aimed more at the younger ones.

Last edited by Joanne f; 05-03-2010 at 06:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

7) I rather like to use the word "blend" instead of "pass", and I try to do a good enough presentation to do that. I don't think I'm fooling anyone into believing I'm a GW.

8) My body build (broad shoulders, narrow hips), adam's apple, masculine facial characteristics, etc. all combine to give the careful observer combined clues that what we have here is a crossdressing male.

9) I would be in La-La Land to think so! I just do it for fun and self expression.

hmmm... I feel truly passing is a subjective term. Did I pass or simply blend in? Hard to say really.
    Do I seem to atract a lot of attention when I go out? No.
    Do people react to me even when I hold a close up, face to face conversation? No.
    Arround here people let you know when you don't "pass"... Pointing, whispering, snickering, ect. (Note to self, leave the blonde wig at home, only go out a a brunet, or red head)

When I'm read, my voice is the last thing to give me away! If I'm read it's usualy because my mustache cover failed. A couple times I've been told (by freinds) it was somting about my arms taht gave me away. Somting they couldn't quite put their finger on... I did find a pic of myself that explained it to me. I have stong forearms like Popeye.

I really don't think I'm any prettier than most GG's. I think of myself as average or maybe even a tick below average for my age-groupe.
    How-some-ever.... In this day and age of the flip - flop wearing, overly casual dress code, I do feel I dress better than the average GG, which might get that 1 tick below averae back to my pretty status.

#7 I wouldn't pass as a woman in daylight maybe at night in poor light. To answer your question it's passing if you get a quick look and you're thought to be a GG

#8Hell no my entire body gives me away. My pappy always said a few more days in the oven and you'd be a gorilla with all that body hair.

#9No I don't I only wish I was
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

for me the concept of "passing" means that I look nice/pretty. I may be read by every soul that sees me but I will at least look nice/pretty and not have anything showing that should not be showing.

I am sure that everything from the size of my hands to the way I cary myself leads to be being read. I may fool some people some of the time, but thats because they are not looking

I Don't think I am prettier or more feminine that any GG, the best I can do is to follow the examples I see in the GG's that are in my life. GG's provide excellent examples of looks that are pretty and it is my plan to see if I can adopt/adapt some of the ideas I get from watching GG's into a style that works for me.

For some cd'ers they may be able to pass, I don't. My definition of passing would be that somebody would think I was a female until they got close. Myabe when I lose the 80 pounds then maybe I can fit into the definition of pass. Right now I just look like a beached whale in female clothing.

It is the hardest to cover up. Most of the cd'ers that I think pass are given away with this one. One time when I played golf with a close friend of mine, I was asked if she was my girlfriend. So at least one of us passes close enough to be confused for a GG.

Not at all. We can never compete. Our dressing is not a competition.
    Michelle

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar

Week 3

I don't think I pass for a GG, such as a manly chin, adam's apple (yuk) brows are more pronounced. I like to think that I can blend in if I do my makeup right so I have the illusion of feeling pretty and that I can hide some of my manly features. Plus the fact that I am 6' 2" I will never be mistaken for a GG but as long as I feel like I present well enough I won't stick out as a man in a skirt.

Actually, even though I do not work on my voice as much as I could, I get mistaken for a female on the phone, and drive thrus, it is only when they see me that they do not, If I was dressed feminine and used my voice they might have a short pause while they process what they heard and see.

No, Never. GGs are so much prettier than I can ever imagine to be. As well as their additude. Women are so much more confident in themselves.
    However, I LOVE getting compliments from everyone that tell me I look pretty. Even more so than the He is handsome compliment.

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar

I've been out enough to know... I don't pass. I think its the beard shadow mostly.

My voice and speech are actually rather passable. Its my skin complexion (beardshadow), slightly wider shoulders/ribcage, and crazy hair which give me away. Oh no earrings doesn't help when I wear necklaces and whatnot.

My fashion choices are more feminine than the average GG in my area... skirts, tights, and other elements which are getting lost to our jeans n t-shirt populace. Prettier? Only in phantom world where men like tall masculine woman with a surprise underneath
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

7--It means I "pass muster" for myself.

8--I could care less about this one.

9--You are kidding Di, right?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    7. I don't even try to pass now!
    8. No!
    9. No!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!