Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ♥ Yay! Full Time! ♥

Minus the triple six.. :)

♥ Yay! Full Time! ♥

Hey, all! I just wanted to poke my head in to let anyone know who is interested, that I've gone full time!
    I have only one month under my belt so far, but things are great so I am not at all worried!

My transition so far has been very speedy. For me, it began with coming out to my Mom, then the rest of my family and friends from February 09, to the summer. Once fully "out" I began presenting as a woman at home most of the time.

Before I go on, let me explain quickly my living arrangement. I had my own place, where I lived with my three year old after splitting with my son's (other) mother. Yes ,me being trans certainly was a big reason why we split, but like most failed relationships it was FAR from the only reason. I got laid off from my job of five years at a floor tile warehouse and had to move with my son into my parents house, where my younger by one year brother lives as well, and that's where we are to this day. After my first year living "back home", the need to express myself became more than I could bear, and after a personal epiphany I realized that as things were, I was a miserable, depressed and frankly a very hateful person, and in order to be the best person I could be, the one I knew was inside me, and to be the best parent I could be to my son, I needed at the very least to let my family know how I felt. Whew! Not a very quick recap after all...

So I came out and long story short (maybe!), everyone I know and care about accepted me, not understood mind you, but accepted none the less. Or so I thought...(DUN, Dun, dunnnnn...) but that's a story for another day....

In June '09 I first met my doctor and told her that I was trans. She was (and still is!) amazing and supportive and ordered me a blood test and set me up with where to get a psych eval, her only criteria for getting on hormones so we could get started.

In July '09 I had my psych eval, a 45 minute long video interview at the behavioral services clinic.

In September '09 I started estradiol, then had another blood test.

In November '09 I began spironolactone and had another blood test.

Around January this year I began to have breast pain, and started to notice a (VERY) slight increase in size. The pain persists to this day, though some days are far worse than others.

In March I started to have laser on my face, and after only two sessions so far I have had amazing results compared to what I've read.

I've had such great results in fact that a day after my second treatment, I decided to see how many days I could manage presenting as female. Usually because of the daily shaving causing too much damage like ingrown hairs and razor burn, I could only manage about 3, 4 days tops before I HAD to give my face a break for at least 1 day.

Soooooo, after about twelve days I realized I was able to go full time. The only thing stopping me then was me. I went down to the DMV and got a new drivers license picture to avoid any ID related problems. I've taken my son to the optometrist and school. We even went to the Pima County Fair, the biggest fair to come to Tucson! I have just done everything I need to do, and so far, so good.

I've interacted with many people now, and everyone is very respectful. I have only had female pronouns used on me and not a single laugh that I know of....

Words cannot express how wonderful I feel...It's just amazing feeling like a whole person, something that so many people get to totally take for granted. It's like finally getting a joke that's punchline has eluded you.

I don't know when my transition will be "done" if ever, but I feel like if I'm doing this good now, things can only get better, and I am excited to see what every new day brings!

Thanks to every single person who has ever helped me here, especially the full time ladies. Seriously, this site has been a great source of strength, friendship and knowledge for me and I'm not sure where I'd be without it. I love you all!

X♥X♥X♥ ~Amanda
    I'm gone!

Awesome! That is why they call you Super Amanda!

Thanks for the update, I wondered where you'd disappeared to.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

That's really great. Congrats!

Love Tucson and have been there many times on trips out west. We really like the Old Town district. The Air Force Plane Graveyard is pretty cool too.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

[SIZE=2]Congrats Amanda!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]That's Great news & I'm so happy that you have been doing so well..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I wish you best of luck & success on your new life..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I wish you best of luck

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    yea!!!
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Yay! Good luck!

I'm not in the same boat but my goal is to know as many full time folks who have gone down the TS route a much as possible. I feel their voices must be heard. I advise all others to do the same. Don't be a stranger.

yay!!!

Hey hun I'm so happy for you!!!

That's Super Amanda...!

Keep your head on straight, your confidence intact and know you are doing the right thing for you and its gonna work out wonderfully

All the best!
    KAte

That is great! just keep it that way!

LP, Jerca

Amanda thanks for sharing this with us all, it will help so many go the girl to read the stories of real life being lived, we hear to many horror stories or sometimes it seems that way

Again thanks
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

That's so cool, Amanda. I'm glad it's all gone well, hope it continues.

Hugs,

Melissa

That a way Amanda, keep it up....one more step in the right direction.

Hugs,
    Alice

Way to go Amanda! It's a lot lighter life with out all the baggage no? My first month full time felt like the first day of school everyday. All the people I was going to meet for the first time. It doesn't make your life any better being a woman. But being a woman lets me bring everything to bear on that life, and succeed. Carol

Quote Originally Posted by carolinoakland View Post
    Way to go Amanda! It's a lot lighter life with out all the baggage no? My first month full time felt like the first day of school everyday. All the people I was going to meet for the first time. It doesn't make your life any better being a woman. But being a woman lets me bring everything to bear on that life, and succeed. Carol

You hit the nail square on the head! You look great by the way!
    I'm gone!

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    Fantastic. It's really great ot hear another successful story.

I really hope things continue to get better for you.

Congratulations

Portia
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

Congrats Amanda. The feeling is liberating once the jitters wears off.

Teri

Thanks for all the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Jean View Post
    Congrats Amanda. The feeling is liberating once the jitters wears off.

Teri

I had been going out about three to four times a month, so now I feel extremely liberated. A funny thing is that before as a guy, I often times felt uncomfortable in public, like everyone was staring at me, but now I feel fine in a crowded store or anywhere, even though I know that most likely many people realize I'm trans. Going back and forth between genders was not fun at all, so packing up all of my guy clothes (a whole suitcase worth!) was a very big moment for me...lots of big moments happening lately!
    I'm gone!

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    That's great Amanda, I am into my second week of going full time and itfeels great not having to pretend anymore. Now you can just enjoy the rest of your life.
    living the dream

That's wonderful news and I know how great it feels - and I can assure you - it get's even better !

Suzy

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Amanda View Post
    Thanks for all the comments!
    Going back and forth between genders was not fun at all, so packing up all of my guy clothes (a whole suitcase worth!) was a very big moment for me...lots of big moments happening lately!
    I hear you there Amanda! I'm going out about 8 times a month and I get the look from time to time when someone realizes I'm that tall girl who's been running around. I'm soo happy you've made the flip and that everything is working out! Hopefully things just keep on the up and up. Three cheers!
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

Quote Originally Posted by KatlynAshe View Post
    I hear you there Amanda! I'm going out about 8 times a month and I get the look from time to time when someone realizes I'm that tall girl who's been running around. I'm soo happy you've made the flip and that everything is working out! Hopefully things just keep on the up and up. Three cheers!

Thanks! You look great, heck everyone here is looking so good! I hadn't been on since early Feb, and seeing how much many of us have changed is neat.

You mention getting "the look". I think I know what you mean. Before going full time when I would be out, and mind you I would try not to, but I kept finding myself watching people to see if they were watching me. That act alone draws attention, no matter who you are. So of course I found people looking at me more.

But when I made up my mind to give full time a try something changed in me, and I can't fully explain it so bare with me, but it just is not an issue to me anymore. I KNOW that I'm going to be clocked or whatever. I KNOW my voice is far from feminine. I know I have quite large hands and blah, blah blah...None of those things matter anymore because I am me, and I don't need to make excuses or explanations for who I am, none of us do! *Climbs down from soap box*
    I'm gone!

Hey! Who said you get to use the Soapbox, move over sister!

When I thought that I was a cd, I was conflicted about my dressing. something in me said it was wrong to be a man and want to dress like a woman. Once I discovered my GID and accepted myself it stopped being a problem. And I got those "look's''. The people elbowing their buddies and snickering. And then you start to notice something. The best accessory to blending is confidence. Just wait, there is a day coming when you realize that they didn't look at you because they'd clocked you... they were staring because they are HITTING on you! Now that was a BIG change to wrap my lil pink mind around. Made me go... "Hmmm, so this is what the girls have been talking about... being admired for the first time.. " For what it's worth... this is the best thing I've ever done for myself. The best thing I ever did for the universe was my daughter... she just turned 21. sigh. She is the most unique person I know in the universe...

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Welcome Amanda on reaching your goals I know how it feels and it will get better.

I'm so happy for you Amanda. I'm at the beginnings of a journey at the moment. I've been evaluated by a psychologist but not had the results yet and saw my therapist for the third time today and she said for the first time today I have gender dysphoria. I knew that already but it was so good to hear it from a proffesional. Your post inspires me so thank you