Thread: scarred

scarred

hi ... haven't posted for awhile... had an accident... fell and split my cheek bone open... so now i'n not just a pretty face... any ideas to help hide scars... its about 2 inches long... i look in the mirror and just want to cry...

GG/ Loving Wife
    Dermablend is a great scar cover, you can find it at better department stores or they probably have a website. I have also seen it on ebay but you really should be color matched for best results. You can also get a perscription cream from your doctor that will heal and help fade a scar.

Honey

hillbilly T-girl-hussy

Your only as pretty as you feel inside [old song by the Airplane]

Sorry to hear that,are you using neosporin,zinc or vitamin E .Those are said to minimize scarring.

Try Mederma, it's supposed to work well.

http://www.mederma.com/

It's not make-up, it's an OTC salve that you apply to scar tissue that reduces its size and discoloration.
    Last edited by Sharon; 08-19-2005 at 03:48 AM. Reason: add
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

girl next door
    Hi Vem, it's good to see you here again. I'm afraid I don't have much add'l advise about the scar. I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about it. I'm sure with time it will heal and become less noticeable. Take care.
    Hugs, Tammi

a few years ago there was a woman that was severly burned and her face as well and she came up with her own make up line for people with burns and scars on the face and it works extremly well try searching the web for burn and scare make up its out there dermablend has a product to how good it is i dont know i hope this helps you a bit xxx

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    so sorry to hear about your accident,, but i've used dermablend in the past, and it did work well,,, also used vitamin e, seemed to help,,,,, but cannot emphasize enough,, doo see your physician,,my daughter suffered a dog bite to the face,, our doctor prescribed a cream and a patch,, the scarring has virtually disappeared,, no one would ever know.

re scar

thanks so much for your help...kisses

Julie
    2 months is early days Vem, the scar will lessen in size as time goes on and hiding it will become a lesser issue, meanwhile Sharon's suggestion sounds good.

Julie

Platinum Member
    i would have at the time demanded a plastic surgon to do the stiching up as to mimmizie the scar but now thats not a option the otc rems are ok but you still can consult with a plastic sergon if your not happy and yes time is going to help .....

I'm sorry to hear about your accident! I had my cheek split open years ago while playing racquet ball (I was hit in the face w/a racquet.) One thing that always helps is to massage the scarred area daily with Vitamin E cream. Good luck!
    You can dress me up but you can't take me out...at least not yet.