Thread: Driving while CD, is soliciting in Ft Worth Tx

Driving while CD, is soliciting in Ft Worth Tx

Watching COPS last week and heard the cop tell a CD that he could be charged with "soliciting" just because he was cross dressed.

Probably just a bully cop trying to harrass..

I seriously doubt the veracity of the cops claim, anyone from Texas confirm or deny this Texas Code ?

Do ANY States have laws prohibiting "concealment of identity" ?

When I showed my pictures to a new female friend at Wendys, she took a double take and asked if it was Really me..
    I wonder what a cop would do because my drivers license has a full beard and I've become a pro with makeup..

Thanks
    Yolanda

I carry a card with my photo on it in male and female mode. with all information onit including my counselor's name and number. the one time I was stopped by a cop I showed him both my driver and the photo card there was no problem. I suggest to every one to make up of get an id card with both photos on it.

Hi Yolanda. I am not aware of the laws in all states but in most cases it is illegal to be crossdressed (or otherwise concealing your identity) only if it is for the purpose of commiting a crime. I think that it is more likely that you might have a problem with law enforcement people from small communities. Even though a great many police depts. have provided training as to how to deal professionally with trans people, there may be a few that let their personal predjudices show. If you are stopped for some reason, the usual advice is to not try to hide the fact that you are male, do what is requested of you, treat the officer with respect and expect the same from him/her.
    Hugs, Carole

respect, i only say yes sir, no sir, let them do all the talking. and very carefully answer a question.
    lucky for me i do not get stopped very often, but have a number of times for non crimes. the officer was board, lonely, (late night) or just interested in "that truck", older pu with nothing fancy even just stock steel rims.
    yes some of them have a bad place to work in, but not all of them.
    i believe how you start off will determines what happens.
    pull over with flashers on, dome light on, turn off motor, hands on the wheel, till told otherwise. (also were you stop has room for his car and a place for him to walk up to your right hand window.) -safety-
    but best if you always make sure all of your lights work...even the plate light. do not speed, and come to a full and complete stop, use your turn lights.
    and keep a eye on your rear view.

let the other driver get the ticket.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I just did a search on google on Fort Worth Transgender laws and what the cop said is not true today.
    Fort Worth's anti crossdressings laws were repealed back in the 70's and just last year transgender rights were included in the cities antidiscrimination laws.

If what the cop did say was true I would have been in trouble because I have crossdressed in downtown Fort Worth during the middle of the day a couple of times. In fact I even have some youtube videos of me crossdressed in Fort Worth.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolanda_Voils View Post
    Watching COPS last week and heard the cop tell a CD that he could be charged with "soliciting" just because he was cross dressed.

Probably just a bully cop trying to harrass..

I seriously doubt the veracity of the cops claim, anyone from Texas confirm or deny this Texas Code ?
    Unfortunately, "soliciting" is one of those charges where material evidence often doesn't have to be provided, where the police's word that they heard something is sufficient -- especially if the person is dressed in something sexy or skimpy or which happens to be quick-removal. "He must have been soliciting, otherwise why would he dress like that?!" can be sufficient logic to hold someone overnight. And maybe the charge would be quietly dropped in the morning, but meanwhile you've spent the night in jail...

You've probably heard of the "offense" of "Driving While Black" -- that is, if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and look like you don't belong there, you are much more likely to be thought of as being "suspicious". Similarly, being dressed and alone in a short skirt or short dress in the wrong part of town can end with one being accused of "soliciting" whereas in a different part of town, wearing exactly the same outfit, if the police stop at all, it might be to caution you about danger in the area. Situation and socio-economic discrimination happens

I do not recall even one instance of the police taking any interest in me in the city I live in -- but on the other hand, I've never gone Dressed to the "wrong part of town", and I very seldom look like I am dressed for "quick release". I have heard of cross-dressers being hassled if they were near the area where prostitutes tend to gather. And to be honest, I have heard one or two local cross-dressers or transsexuals indicate that they had formerly been MTF prostitutes in that area, and I gather that there are some MTF prostitutes who work that area.

I do recall once the police slowing down to examine me while I was dressed in the downtown of another Canadian city. What I didn't know right then was that the area I was in was a high crime rate area where a fair number of antisocial people gathered, and that if I had been even two blocks further east on the main street then they wouldn't have looked twice at me. They were looking me over, evaluating me: if I had looked higher class, then they probably would have suspected me of being a well-to-do person in the area to buy drugs; if my makeup had been more exaggerated, of being in the area to solicit; and if I had looked two classes lower, then they probably would have suspected me of being in the area to sell drugs. I fell into the middle, so they judged me to be a harmless oddity and moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Yolanda_Voils View Post
    Do ANY States have laws prohibiting "concealment of identity" ?
    If putting on feminine clothes, a wig and wearing makeup counts as concealment of identity, then (1) most women could be subject to arrest for significantly altering their appearance (most women look, for example, dramatically different on their wedding day than they do a few months later on the off Saturday morning) and (2) dressing up for Halloween would be illegal.

sandra-leigh's comments are spot on.

I don't see how you could be charged with soliciting if you don't solicit. They have to have evidence of a crime... Why do they do those stings instead of just arresting people that are walking down the street, who look like they are hooking?
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Having worked with the folks at COPS I can tell you that the officers are not doing anything that would not do normally. If someone was stopped for soliciting then they were in an area where that takes place and would have had to do something to cause the cops to notice her in the first place. There is no law against dressing but many folks who dress find that the only sort they can get is in the sex trade and thus they are going to get stopped and checked out. If the girl was just in the area this time, but a week or two earlier she was seen soliciting then they are always going to stop her again to see what she is up too and to hope that she moves to another area.

Any thing is possible, the cops in our city are very good at creative writing. Some of them could probably take a nursery rhym and make it into a felony report. And that isn't very funny when you get to spend a night in jail, when you called 911 for medical help. It happened here to us...BJ

Semi Sane innocent angel
    in every profession you have a few folks pull stuff out of their ass. The problem i when it's a cop, the consequence can be disastrous.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Banned Read only
    Be very careful when talking to cops. Many, if not most, wear body mikes these days, with small digital recorders on their belts, along with all the other doo dads. Although you have the right not to incriminate yourself, so called "spontaneous utterances" can be used against you in court. Your initial answers can also be used in court, in case you change your story. Any good lawyer will tell you simply "don't talk to the police". While it is true most cops are decent people just doing their jobs, you don't know which kind you are dealing with until it's too late.

Maybe its because I'm from Philly but cops here wouldn't care about crossdressers. Philly cops have a hell alot more to worry about.

When I'm driving dressed, I always come to a complete stop at a stop sign,stay in the speed limit and make I signal before turning and don't drink and drive. If I were ever to get stop while dressed for any reason, I be respectful,yes officer,show my DL,registration & insurance card and if she/he ask me anything about being dressed, I'l ljust say I'm transgender and I'm transitioning and leave it at that while being polite and respectful.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Angry

i think thats bs sounds like the cop was just trying to scare someone.solicitation means you have to engage with another individual first.just being dressed is not a crime.hes full of it.
    just a florida girly girl...................................what in the world can make this brown eyed girl turn blue(roxette)

Here is an excerpt from a lengthy reply I posted on another forum in regards to police encounters. I think it might be worth sharing, if anyone is interested.

You are legally required to state you correct name and address if asked. (Basically...That's all).

These are the three basic types of police encounters, including suggestions on how to deal with them...

Suggested responses...

1) “I am going to remain silent. I have nothing to say until I speak with a lawyer.”
    2) “Officer, I know you want to do your job, but I do not consent to any search of my private property.”

Three types of police encounters: Conversation, Detention and Arrest.

Conversation- they are trying to get information, but do not have enough evidence to detain or arrest you. (“Mind if I have a look in your car?” etc. etc.) Always respond with statement #2 above.

Detention- (“pretext stop”) Although you are not under arrest, you can not leave. It requires reasonable suspicion that you are involved in a crime. It is for a short time and they can not “move” you. They can pat you down and search your bag for weapons, but not go into your pockets. If police begin asking questions, ask if you are being detained. If they say yes, ask why. Then respond with statement #1 above to any and all questions you are asked. If they say no, you are not being detained, tell them you wish to leave now and ask them if you are allowed to leave. When they say yes, leave.

Arrest- this requires “probable cause” that you are involved in a crime. You may be searched to the skin (by an officer of same gender), and your car and possessions searched completely. (Again, your only answer to every question is statement #1 and/or statement #2 above).

note: I am not an attorney, nor do I ever want to be, and this is not intended in any way to be offered as "legal advice".

HaveFun/BeHappy
    Last edited by eluuzion; 05-10-2010 at 11:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have heard that Crossdressing is NOT a crime in Texas on more than one occasion, once by a police officer discussing another incident. (be carefull of "disturbing the peace" though).

Fort Worth cops seem to have a problem with the Gay and Lesbian communities...just google the "Rainbow Lounge" incident there last year. This required Ft. Worth to establish some city ordancances more tolerant of gays and lesbians. However, there is always a rougue cop and too many others that will cover for him/her. My motto is never put oneself in a situation where these conditions exist...evacuate as soon as you become aware of them.

Paula

Gold Member
    What Eluuzion said was correct.
    Keep in mind that part of the cop's game is that when someone dopes stand up for their rights, they will try to belittle by asking "are you an attorney, where did you go to law school, etc" in a smart ass tone.

If they say "Do you know wh I pulled you over?" You say, "no I do not".
    If you say "is it cause I ran the red light/etc" you have just confessed...

I have had a bad encounter with the cops, and I actually handled it quiet well. The pig could tell I was no dummy and knew my legal rights.
    I was not hooking, it was cause of something stupid my kid did...
    Boy that cop was pissed,

Here is a video about it, it is long but worth watching -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Also - cops will say anything to make themselves look smarter or to try to psych you out. There is a reason they are working the street instead of working as attorneys.

Mr Policeman is NOT your friend.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

CDing in TX

Hi Yolanda,
    I live just out side of Houston and to my knowledge there is no state law brohibbiting crossdressing. It is possible in the state of Texas to get a state ID card that shows your femme picture with your regular info.
    Hugs Phyliss