Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 4 Inquiring Minds Want To Know

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    10) Do you really believe that GGs are jealous of your looks and feel threatened by you, or do you post these thoughts just because it is a fun thing to do?
    I often get complimented on one thing or another by a GG, say my thinness or eyes, or somesuch. But I don't think they're jealous! Chances are it's just girly chit chat. When it is genuine admiration of one or another trait, I take it at face value, not as jealousy.

11) Why is your "SISTERS" voice and opinions more valid than that of your partner, after all it is in our interest that when you go out you look as good as possible, that you are comfortable in what you are wearing for that situation that you do not draw attention to "US", "OUR" safety should be "OUR" concern
    I value my wife's opinions more than any T-girl! However, I'm the rare one who doesn't dress in ultra short skirts, etc, hookerware, or the like. I dress like the middle-aged GG's do at the places I go.

12) Even though your SO knows and is accepting of your CDing why do you still hide aspects of your CDing from her?
    I'm quite open, she knows I go out one night a week, get asked to dance, get an occasional drink bought, etc. (I don't fool around so no need to be secretive).

10) Do you really believe that GGs are jealous of your looks and feel threatened by you, or do you post these thoughts just because it is a fun thing to do?
    I think that GG's arnt that much jealous of our looks (Although there are some really cute ones out there ), but I think they have feel threatened about our hightended emotional reasoning/level.

11) Why is your "SISTERS" voice and opinions more valid than that of your partner, after all it is in our interest that when you go out you look as good as possible, that you are comfortable in what you are wearing for that situation that you do not draw attention to "US", "OUR" safety should be "OUR" concern
    An SO/Partner is not going through the same things we are and usually they don't understand the same way our sisters do.

12) Even though your SO knows and is accepting of your CDing why do you still hide aspects of your CDing from her?
    I didn't tell everything to my ex-gf because I was afraid at what she would think of me. There are some dark sides to CDing.

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

A Gg has nothing to fear from me. I will never be able to compete

It is my wife's encouragement and acceptance that allows Jennifer to exist. What she says goes. My family is more important that my cross dressing. I refuse to sacrifice that. Any encouragement I receive from my fellow sisters here is just that encouragement. In the end, it is my wife’s opinion that matters and only her opinion. I would not do anything that would endanger her or embarrass her.

12) Even though you’re SO knows and is accepting of your CDing why do you still hide aspects of your CDing from her?

I am like an onion. Over the years it has been my wife that has peeled back the layers of that onion. She has slowly been able to make me accept that I am a cross dresser (big time denial). The last layer was peeled back a couple of months ago. The last thing I hide from her was my large breast inserts. She found them and like after peeling back all the other layers, she gave me her full support and encouragement. Over time this has had to have been hard on her but she as stuck to me side.

Since coming to terms that I am cross dresser and that it will never go away, I realized this is a lot more fun with her support and encouragement than sneaking around her behind back and hiding it.

Gold Member

I don't feel that way and haven't ever posted those thoughts. I can't imagine a GG being jealous about any part of my presentation.

I think all opinions are valid. If there is a conflict, I would certainly go with my wife's thoughts and I always seek those thoughts. But there also is a lot of experience here and it is something that is good to take advantage of. No one person has all the answers. And for me, this isn't just about listening to my wife, but I also have gotten a lot of good advice from my daughter. And we plan on going out together, so her concerns certainly matter!

I don't feel I hide anything from my wife. I tell her everything that I can think of that is significant (and a lot that isn't).

I'll only answer #10

It is stupid and self serving to believe that any GG's are jealous of us because of out looks. If a girl passes very well and is very pretty a GG would be jealous only in the same way that one GG would be jealous of another.

I usually dress well and do a pretty good job on my makeup and nails but can't quite pass to cashiers. The two reactions I seem to get are either that feeling of unease or else I get shown a degree of respect, not jealousy, for what I have been able to accomplish instead of my shortcomings.

Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Di;2143585]We have Week 4 of our GG's questions! Thanks in advance for your help all.

No I have never said GG are jealous of my good looks, I think I pail in comparison to all genuine girls, but I wish I had the confidence of a woman.

11) why is your "sisters" voice and opinions more valid than that of your partner, after all it is in our interest that when you go out you look as good as possible, that you are comfortable in what you are wearing for that situation that you do not draw attention to "us", "our" safety should be "our" concern

I do value the opinions of my sisters, However and I hope no one takes offense to this, but I would much rather hear from a Genuine Girl. As far as being comfortable, I have not had the pleasure of being around GG and being able to interact with them while dressed.

I try not to hide any aspects from my wife anymore, I know that she knows and if she ever wants to ask me about it I try to be honest. I would still rather be allowed to wear whatever my heart desires but I know this would make her uncomfortable being around me and I don't wish to do that.
    My largest desire for when I am Keri is to feel at peace with my wife, I so wish I could spend part of my life with her even if it was in private. This would make me very happy and I feel would open up my heart to her ever so much more than I can because I am still shielding myself from her to keep her comfortable.

We have Week 4 of our GG's questions! Thanks in advance for your help all.

10 - My looks? Not a chance. Other gals on here, maybe it's true - but I notice that the ones for which it is most likely true, are the ones that don't have much to say about themselves on it. There are a few here that take a little self-image pep talk over the top, and if I'm ever one of them, I hope someone slaps me upside the head with a wet fish.

11 - I can only assume it's a case of like to like, been-there-done-that type of experience. That may offer a greater sense of "validity" for that persons opinion. That said, to use this to ignore your partner's thoughts and feelings is more than just wrong. For heaven's sake, this CD has a partner that will go out with her, and said CD then thumbs her nose at her partner's feelings??

12 - Old habits? A continuance of the initial fears resulting from perceived escalations or discoveries?

I'm finding these questions from the last four weeks interesting, but somehow fragmented. Obviously, they're from a person's experience, but it's hard to give a decent answer without knowing some more of the back story. #11 really stands out for me in this one, but it's partly true for most of them.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    10- Not Applicable to me.

11 and 12- Same answer to both:
    I don't think ANYONE of either sex, can understand what my CDing is all about. Except other CDs! And, I'm NOT too sure about THEM!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    #1 I can honestly say ive never thought anything like that,they would have to be Very low on self esteem to feel threatened by me

#2 Who would know better what us Crossdressers go through,or experience than another one of us so in some ways their input is invaluable,BUT my Wife knows me better than anyone else and she is the one most affected by my dressing,and whatever major choices I make are run by her first.If She doesn't like anything I want to do then It wont get done.and I don't have any problem with that.

#3 I dont hide anything from my Wife,right from day one she has known everything about Sophie,my past as well as the present day,I would be sullying every promise i've made her if I kept anything from her now
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Not a chance that a GG would be jealous of me

I think the most valid opinions are from those people i trust that are not afraid to tell me if something is wrong ( which is mostly GG's )
    I don't hide anything now I don't see the point in it
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Oh Puh-lease. I do neither. I DO know that my wife has let herself go some, in part because she feels there is little point in her devoting the effort because of what I am. It's not at all that she is jealous, it's more that she sees no point in "competing" with me. This she told me herself a year or so ago.

Sorry, but this is clearly a question aimed directly someone's partner and probably isn't gonna be relevant to most of us. I DO trust my wife's opinion more than anyone elses - after all, who do you think taught me to put an outfit together?

I don't. I've seen marriage after marriage fail in my lifetime and I always had it in the back of my head that many of the failures were due to not being honest with each other. I tell my wife everything and why wouldn't I? She is my wife, lover, best friend, and the mother to my children. If I can't be honest with her, then who?

I've never believed GGs to be jealous of me, why should they be? They're the real deal, I'm just a rough copy.

I value my partners opinion more, after all, she's been out in female clothing a heck of a lot more than I have.

I don't, she knows more about my C/Ding than I do.

A.) Definitely not. (Of course I don't post anything like that either) lol
    -If someone did post that their looks make others jealous I'd say its either overcompensation for their own low self-esteem or they are very narcissistic.....

A.) My wife is the first person I go to if I have a question. If I wanted a multitude of opinions I'd ask here after I got her answer.

A.) I don't hide any aspects.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Not hiding even thing from my girlfriend

The only thing she is jealous of is my dress size.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

10) I think it's moreso the fact that my GG friends are now becoming more comfortable with this version of me that I'm presenting to them, hence why they're complimenting me and encouraging what I'm doing. It's not that they're jealous... they're just speaking their mind. When they tell me "You look cute!" they never bring it back to themselves and try to compensate for something.

11) I value both opinions, though more weight would fall on my (potential) SO who will have/has been around me more so than anyone of my sisters here.

12) I came out to my (potential) SO even before our first date. She will know when I go out en femme because I'll let her know.
    Last edited by Lexine; 05-14-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Updated based on recent information and used dual tenses

10.) I am still new here but I do not think I have made any comment like that. And believe me, if I do it will be surely in jest. The only thing I ever want anyone to be jealous of me for is my great friends and family.

11.) I am single so this question does not apply to me.
    12.) See reply number 11.

Definitely not.

Have not spoken in over 20 years, i only listen to my wife.

I hide nothing of my CDing from her but i am having increasing concerns that i have to hide my TG issues from her as i feel a change in attitude some times which may make me start to hide some of my Cding.
    Last edited by Joanne f; 05-12-2010 at 04:03 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

this week's easy! :)

10) GGs jealous of my looks? Not a chance...with one exception...my wonderful wife is jealous of my legs. I guess it's only fair as I'm jealous of many of her body parts!!!! I do know that some here post this silliness about GG jealousy...it's so incredibly silly.

11) My wife's opinions and council are what counts in my life. I love this forum for ideas and to hear what others think, but the bottom line is that no one in my life is more important than my wife, and that includes her opinions vis a vis Tina.

12) Hide anything from her? First of all, that's not possible in the long run...all of you who have been married for a long period of time know what I mean! Second, why would I hide anything from the one person who is my mentor, guide, and confidant? Heck, I've even tried buying clothes without her opinion and it was a disaster. They were so not "Tina" that they are currently in the Good-Will pick up!

Tina

10) My wife is far more beautiful and attractive than I ever will be. She is a knock out so there is NO competition in our home.

11) I have to agree with this. My wife's opinion is far more valuable to me than all the sisters combined. She is my "soul mate" and her love for me is endless. She deserves nothing less.

12) I actually don't hide ANY aspect or any part of my transition from my wife. She is an active participant in my transition.

I am sure there are other gals here who have supporting wives and who feel the same as I do.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Sadly, or possibly not, I missed 1-3 cos my laptop broke but:

10) Sometimes - but I have the body of a supermodel and the feet of a policeman.

11) I value everybody's opinions but tend to ignore most.

12) I don't hide anything any more - in fact my daughter has just met me and is producing a documentary about me for her media course.

I'm not sure where this is going but it sounds fun.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar

Sorry, I can't properly answer these questions as none of them reflect my position, but I will still try to contribute something.

10) I would be horrified to find a GG who was so badly off that she had to be jealous of my looks. In fact if I ever came across someone like that,I would do my best to comfort her.

11) I don't have the benefit of either partner or SO, I have to take advice where I can.

12) I'm not hiding my cross-dressing, but could it be that sometimes people are just trying not to ram it down the throat of an accepting partner? I know when I came out to my father who lives with me, I still didn't dress openly in all parts of the house until he had time to get used to the idea.

Maybe not the answers you were looking for, but I hope I haven't wasted your time reading them
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I know that it is not uncommon in my experience for spouces to feel threatened by our looks. In most cases it is a slim CD like me, and a wife who has gained some weight thru the years. In my case I think it has more to do with my wife's body issues and less to do with how I look. She has fabulous, thick blond hair, teeth so perfect that people think they are false, cleavage that rivals anything I could even buy, and a face that makes everybody feel like her friend. I have nice legs and I'm skinny, that's about it!

And a competitive thing sometimes develops between a spouce and her CD. My wife very seldom used makeup before I started dressing. Now she often uses makeup, and she keeps her nails long and polished most of the time. Now if I can just encourage her to lose the granny shirts and wear some nice fitted tops!

The other questions do not apply to me at all.
    Sally

I don't know why anyone would want to do that. It's just asking for trouble.

Doesn't apply as I have no interest in going out.

I don't have an SO, but there are plenty of ordinary things that I keep secret to avoid negativity.

I would very much hope that GG's are not threatened by me because no matter how much i do to myself to look good they will always look better, and can do it with much less effort

My "sisters" voices are never more important than my SO. My SO is the most important voice that enters my head. Her safety is extremely important. Going to others for advice is just for another idea or perspective on things.
    I do not hide anything, that is unacceptable
    Being dressed up is much better if you have someone else to admire and enjoy it with you.

------------------------------------------------------
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
    - Alice Kingsley

Just A Girl Next Door
    10) Not a chance - no GG could be jealous or threatened by me being prettier because I'm not! If anyone is threatened it's because I'm different and don't fit the traditional molds & stereotypes but sorry I can't help it.

11) Only because my wife has made it clear she wants no part of Jessica.

12) She knows but isn't accepting. She's agreeable as long as she doesn't have to see it and I don't involve anyone else, and I'm totally fine with that arrangement.