Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you getting braver

Are you getting braver

For many years my crossdressing was held in the closet. From time to time I would go out at night while my wife and children were away. I would drive around the adjoining cities to Boston and eventually park in Boston and walk around the Commons. This was all done in the darkness of night. Having been married to two unaccepting wives my dressing stayed in the closet and was the reason for my first divorce and part of the reason of my second. Neither wife had seen me dressed more than once and the second wife seen it before we got married. Now I live alone in Ohio right in the middle of farm country, yes rednecks. I have also gotten braver as time goes on. I dress every night, have met a number of girls from this site and go out on a regular (dressed) basis with GG friends. My everyday drab clothing including underdressing also includes fem jeans, mascara, Pearl opal or light pink nail polish, at least 3 earings and sometimes dangle earings. My body is shaved and I'm always wearing a necklace, girls watch, and bracelet. This past Saturday night my bracelet was actually a pearl necklace (real pearls) that I wrapped around my wrist twice, and I was in an auction where over 100 people knew me. I'm at the point where I have GG friends that are asking me out so they can go out with me dressed. Friday I even closed my store during the day to go with a GG friend to the butterfly exhibit in Cinci.
    -
    -
    My question is this
    Have any of you found that as time goes on you are getting braver in the way you dress in drab?
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

The avvy pic isn't me
    Yes, baby steps, but deffinitely. Wore mascara out 3 times this past week in drab, and lipstick twice. Also attended a AA meeting at a local GLBT community center last fri, wearing an androgenous button down shirt with a pretty and lacy cami in full view underneath with the lippy and mascara, oh and perfumed of course. Plucked my eyebrows prior.
    Only had one GG (grocery store cashier) take a couple of extra long looks at my eyes, and only smiled in a suitably polite and friendly manner, which i took to mean she was ok with it. mj (Cassie)

Absolutely! I think as time goes on most girls get bolder - both about going out dressed and also about wearing fem things when in drab. I know that's the case with me.

Freddy

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Yes, after my first steps out I have gained more and more confidence.

It really is wonderful to be able to go out and just be me.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I wear femme jeans a lot and always under dress. I have quite a few GG friends that know I dress and Tease me becaud=se of my girly clothes but I love being able to drss dress in girl mode as much as I do. Sometime in the not too distant future I hope to go 24/7 but until then I enjoy being able to wear my girl clothes as often as possible.

Jasmine

I find that in the past year I have been getting more and more braver to express and be who I am really am I underdress all the time (Well, panties atleast. At my work it would be hard to get away with a bra), I wear womens deoderant all the time and when noone else is home, the cute purple and pink stuff comes out

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

Gold Member
    I guess I technically live "full time" as a woman, whatever that means...
    but even though I never dress in drab anymore, I still have apprehention. Not sure it ever goes away 100%.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

other than work the dr's office and maybe a couple "other"places, i dress in skinny jeans all the time. not to many tops that can be worn, with out screaming girl top. some makeup, but even my diamond stud earrings get more notice.
    be a happy day when i can blend in as a woman at the store...i hope..

even if the onlooker is just not quite sure?? male/female??? that would be a great day.

braver yes-maybe, comfortable...yes.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    -
    My question is this
    Have any of you found that as time goes on you are getting braver in the way you dress in drab?
    With the understanding that the word "braver" is a subjective, not objective term...

I am not making any noticeable changes in the clothing I wear in public when I am not crossdressed. But I am gradually making more physical modifications in my appearance, that may or may not be noticeable in public.
    (shaved body and eyebrows being the most apparent)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, I do get braver these days. Check out my blog

Would say that up to a couple of months ago, was getting so brave it even surprised me. My wife retired which put a slight damper on my activities, and not left with a closet full of cloths I can't wear all the time. Believe as I get older, 60+, that I feel time is running out and what the heck, won't get another chance. Also, short of physical harm there isn't anything anyone can do to me that matters that much except for my lady who, as you can gather, knows and doesn't approve.

Go for it - we only go around once.

I am 66 and finally went out dressed about 3 years ago. I am tall but had no problem at all. I wear a size 14 and was surprised at how well I blend into a crowd. I usually go to malls during the weekdays, have lunch and use the ladies room with no one looking twice at me.

I think I am slowly making it out. I have begun to venture out en fem, although not all dressed up, but shorts, jeans and tops. Of course I alway have fem undies

Oh Yes Yes Yes Sherri,

I too have been dressing all my life. Since I retired I have had a drive within me that really wants to allow Jenny time to surface. While working I only underdressed, but now (and have been retired 6 years and now self employed) I am at least girls jeans, a bit of light makeup, my nails are long and have a pearl sheen, brows arched and thin.

I remember purchasing the first pair of outer clothes ( a pair of capri slacks) I thought to myself, Now when will I ever wear these, I don't go out in feminine clothes? Oh well, I can wear then around the house. Two months later Jenny was out shopping in them and loving it! So I guess the point is we all progress at our own pace, reaching our own new adventure in being who we are.

My family knows that I have a feminine side, and for the most part are ok with who I am. I think they actually would prefer it not to be so or that I just be that male person they have known, but as we all know that is not the case.
    Last edited by Jenny Doolittle; 05-11-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Does going out in daylight in my own area count as getting brave or just crazy LOL.
    Also I wear sheer polish on my nails, trouser sox or p/h or tights and panties every day. Usually a diamond stud in each ear and sometimes I'll add something else as the mood hits me.
    I'm not sure if it is bravery or just the realization that this is a part of who I am and I need to express this part of me also.

Nikki,

I agree with you.....over time it is just a matter of saying "Hey World, This is me and I like myself!"

There is really a fine line between being "braver" and being more foolhardy. Self confidence and fully knowing who we are makes up for any deficit in that regard.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Don't know if I'm getting braver or more foolhardy, but I now only change into drab outers once I get to work on days where I can't dress for work. Just noticed that my bra shows under my white shirt today but luckily no-one has said anything.

I used to wear drabs to and from the station in my home town, but as I plan to transition as soon as possible, I am getting more relacxed about beinbg seen during the day.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Getting brave? me?..... Went to Friendly Center here in town, had an ice cream cone in the middle of the square, then went shopping in Chinco's.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Braver every day, thanks in part to this place!
    Malori

Getting braver, Yes.

Hi, I believe that more we go out and more we are brave. The first time out was very stressing; I went to an other town to a motel to change. Then a girl from a support group met me there and we went to meet 2 other girls for dinner at a Resto/Bar. The second time I drove alone from the motel in day time to meet another girl at her residence, it was very stressing to walk from her parking lot to her apartment at the 16th floor and the same to return to my car after the visit. The same day I went out again for dinner with the same girl from the support group to meet other girls. I really enjoyed it. Other could be very supportive and help you to be braver. My third time out will be next week and I am looking forward to that. Suzanne
    Suzanne

Are you getting braver

yes, i know my self I have grown a lot bolder,I took baby step's at frist. remember wen I would just go out and drive around at night, never getting out of car, now I go out in day time, in busy places and shop, eat out in resturants, do anything any other female would and enjoy every min of it,

Not only do we all seem to get braver on our own but this site has added alot of confidence in how we dress. We read about others that are out and about, of which I include myself and also of those that wear many different fem items while in drab. I am probably 70% dressing enfemme. I don't wear a bra because I am always in a "T" shirt. the minute I decide to wear a bra, I'll most likely be so close to going 24/7 that the transition wouldn't even be noticed. Never thought I would go that far but I am close.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I have become braver,underdressing wise because In the last wee while I have started to wear Girlie top,and occasionally bra under my uniform while at work,along with my Panties which I already wear 24/7
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

seem the more i get out the more i want to get out , and when you do get out people are for the most part realy nice. becarefull but get out there.