Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shaved big time

I hate body hair! I have shaved for years and love being smooth but I hate the sharp hair that grows back. I gave Nair a shot for the first time this week. Worked well but the hair growing back is still sharp as razors and I have a rash at my bikini line. I really want to try getting waxed by a pro but I can't find a salon in my area that will do men.

I shaved my chest about two weeks ago, for the first time ever. It was okay, but a lot of stubble. So I moved onto nair. It seems to work pretty well. I did get a rash, but I put a good lotion on last night and it seemed to work pretty well. Also last night I naired my pits. This time I immediately put lotion on. I will lotion again tonight, and hopefully no more rash. I prefer the smoothness I get from nair over shaving.

I shave from the top of my head to my toes - not necessarily all in one shot but it all comes off. My only problem shaving is my back; occasionally I ask my wife to do it rather than do the salon wax thing.

When the dollars are there, I will laser everything off!

The Compromise

Over the last couple winters I've shaved fully, and it certainly is a wonderful feeling...I really like to be shaven.

In the Spring and Summer, my GG and I participate in many outdoor sort of activities with several groups of friends, many of which would not be open minded about Krissy, and none of whom know about Krissy (as far as I know). Add to that my GG is not especially fond of Krissy or having her guy fully shaved, so in the warm months, I degenerate to a horrible hairy thing...except for my underarms.

I continue to shave there because:

1) I can at least be smooth somewhere, and
    2) I use WAY less deodorant, and don't have near the need for it as much as when that area was not shaved. For instance, I'd always have to re-apply in the evening, and now that is no longer needed!

The result, a workable compromise, at least one smooth place, and my deodorant (Secret -powder fresh) lasts MUCH longer!

TTFN

Over a period of time I used tweezers to remove my pubic and chest hair,after
    maybe 10 times at it the hair has not regrown. This is a plus
    but the rest of my body hair continues to grow. I have yet to figure out why,maybe its because I didnt use the tweezers on the legs! Anyway
    I am very happy with the results where I have used the tweezers.

Quote Originally Posted by Georginamilnes View Post

Over a period of time I used tweezers to remove my pubic and chest hair
    OW! OW! OW! OW! OW!

That hurts just thinking about it. I just did my eyebrows about a week or so ago and they were tender for a couple of days afterwards. Took about two days to get them halfway decent as I didn't want to take too much off at once and the second day's plucking hurt a lot more than the first day's.

That's Mikayla to you Bub Mickeytgurl's Avatar
    Funny, some of it is because of my cycling, but I have had very few people notice that I shave my legs. Actually, I should say that in 10 years, I've only had one person comment on it, and my crowd is usually a very observant, sarcastic crowd.

make everything you wearing feel so good , i try to shave evey other day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been using an epilator. It is not the easiest way to remove hair, but it is cheap and effective, once you get used to it. I found that the first time you hank out a hair, it is quote painful. If you maintain it, hair follicles tend to become more tolerant.

My approach is to make a quick pass over a new area. Then, take a break and let the tenderness calm down. More sensitive areas need to be spread out over more sessions. It might be less painful to wax first, then switch to an epilator, depending on your pain tolerance.

The epilator does not always work well. Some places on my legs have hair growing at a shallow angle, almost parallel to the skin. Pulling hair there results in a huge number of ingrown hairs.

J.

+1 for epilating

I've been using mine for a couple of months now, and my hair grows out so slowly now that I only need to epilate 2 or 3 times a month. The pain is significantly less than it was when I started, and the hairs grow back softer and closer to the surface. I epilate my legs stomach and chest, but still use a razor on my arm-pits and groin.

Smooth legs for 10 days straight! (And no ingrowns with proper exfoliation and moisturizing)

Food for thought.
    We're here for a good time, not a long time.
    So have a good time. The sun can't shine everyday.

i have shaved my chest before the olny problem is it grows back really fast and hurts

You're not kidding about the rate of growth. I shaved my chest and stomach two weekends ago. It took forever to do so with the electric shavers I have. Shaved again last weekend and though it didn't take as long this time, it still was an effort. A week later, the hair is again about a quarter inch long at the center of the chest. Much faster than the hair on my legs grow.

I think I'm going to let it grow back out on the chest and just keep it trimmed short, like I was doing before I tried shaving it. A lot of it is grey now anyway, so it doesn't show up in pictures and on webcam if I keep it trimmed. If and when I decide to go out in public, I'll use a razor instead of an electric shaver and shave it again.

I haven't found the regrowth painful, but now that I think about it, I am kind of itchy.

Aspiring Member
    I just shaved my legs and arms, to go with already done chest, tummy and pits. Took a couple of hours! Feels really weird (not used to it yet, that is) but so worth it

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i always liked sugaring rather than waxing and doing it myself. i think i posted a formula for that here. It is a bit painful but it lasts so much longer than shaving

Congratulations, once you start you will never want that yuk hair grow back again. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Jane View Post
    I avoid the cuts, I use Veet
    Might work for you and others, but I found online also quite some bad experiences with this product.