Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G.o.w.

G.o.w.

My SO kindly says I have become a G.O.W. (Grumpy Old Woman) with a sense of humour bypass. Moaning about lost values and changes for the worse.

But is it just me?

I get irritated by people on here who almost take pleasure in flaunting their dishonesty, lies and deceit.

I am not without sympathy for those in the closet and finding it hard or near impossible to experience their female expression and satisfy the drive for some femme time. I was in that place some years ago.

BUT - many flaunt how they are cheating, stealing, deceiving almost as if being a suffocated trans person excuses it. AND THEN there are posts supporting the behaviour!!!!
    It is one thing being a child / teenager without resources. Its another being an adult making choices.

So, is it just me that feels ashamed by some of the values expressed? I am not talking about sexual preferences, I am talking about dishonest or disrespectful (especially to a spouse or SO) behaviours.

Let me know .... (Yes I have asked for it !)
    Mirani - [meer-rahn-nee] Beauty to Behold; to "See" beauty

You ain't on your own

Your SO is right , you have become a GOW, welocme to the club, age, gives us certain privelages as we go through life, and becominga GOW is one of them, do try to keep the sense of humour thought it does help

Hey I get ticked off with those posts that "boast" about decieving their SO, but why should we let them piss us off ....... really ........ at the end of the day if thewy wanna blow their relationships apart, what the hack does it matter to us, we don't really know thme, they don't affect our daily life (other than to turn us into GOW & then only if we let them), as for the supporters of them, wellllllll if they are indulging in said behavior at least they will have a club to turn to when their relationship goes pointy bits over rear end

No it's not just you who feels ashamed, many of us get irritated with those post where the OP appears to be cheating/deceiving/lying to their SO .......... unfortunately many of those posts turn into a fight between the supporters of said behavior and us in the other camp & end up getting closed down by the mods for one reason or another ................ usually because the thread has gone off topic or because the OP has come back and said they did not mean what was said in the way it appears to have been taken and what they meant was/or they have since modified what appeared to be the wrong way of thinking/doing.

If a thread produces an interesting point it is perhaps better to open up a discussion in a seperate thread (just like you have done now), rather than it being lost in a closed thread

Last edited by Sheila; 05-12-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Your SO is right , you have become a GOW, welcome to the club, age, gives us certain privileges as we go through life, and becoming a GOW is one of them, do try to keep the sense of humour thought it does help
    Thanks for the welcome ...

If you're a G.O.W. Mirani, I think you'll be in the majority here as far as the threads you describe are concerned!!
    Those type of bragging that they stole from their SO/wore her clothes without her consent/etc [delete as appropriate] threads really p*ss me off annoy me

Then, the same people come back here in a few months with threads such as My SO caught me and wants a divorce, etc and wonders why?
    They'll have their supporters obviously, after all, they've probably posted similar threads, or know they will in time!

So, it isn't just you, there are a few of us G.O.W.s here

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Jane View Post
    So, it isn't just you, there are a few of us G.O.W.s here
    I like this club!

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I might be tempted to join your club, but I'm only 54
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    I might be tempted to join your club, but I'm only 54
    You'll do! .. you can join at 40! G.O.W. is an honorary title!

im in the closet and happy about it... oops is that a brag...
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by az_azeel View Post
    Cheeky!
    Brag away my dear .. That's fine nowt wrong wit bein in t'closet

Quote Originally Posted by az_azeel View Post
    Az I think you missed the point Miriani was trying to make ............. she was not complaining about people bragging about being in the closet ..........([SIZE="1"]she is sympathetic to the plight of those who are there through circumstances or choice)[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    I am not without sympathy for those in the closet and finding it hard or near impossible to experience their female expression and satisfy the drive for some femme time.

She instead is stating she is irritated by those who
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirani View Post
    almost take pleasure in flaunting their dishonesty, lies and deceit. BUT - many flaunt how they are cheating, stealing, deceiving almost as if being a suffocated trans person excuses it. AND THEN there are posts supporting the behavior!!!!
    It is one thing being a child / teenager without resources. Its another being an adult making choices.
    and I am sure you will agree "being in the closet" does not mean you have to indulge in all of those said behaviors nor does bragging about them do much to show our lifestyle in a particularly good light to the general public ......... who you know are perfectly able to view the M2F as guests.

As you are "OUT" to Alexis and she supports your chosen life style you have at least got the closet door open.

I am sure that you do not support the deliberate lying to partners especially those who are supportive of this lifestyle .......... at least that is not he impression I get from having met you
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Was gonna say I could never be a G.O.W. Am far too young (inside anyway) but then you go and drop the bombshell that anyone over 40 qualifies,oh! well sign me up then,BUT does that mean i'm Mature now (please noooo)
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    BUT does that mean i'm Mature now (please noooo)
    You're as mature as the woman you feel [you are] Sophie

Woooooo! Glad you can join at 40 because I just turned 40.....8 years ago..I agree with the Gow and I will fly the flag high.
    Well behaved Women rarely make history

We will need to move the clubhouse out if the phone box an into the garden shed at this rate!

Forget the shed, Sheila isn't good with sheds Mirani

Forget the shed, Sheila isn't good with sheds Mirani
    The Garage then ??

Sounds good to me, though we'd better use your garage Mirani, mines a bit filled with cars

i think your right , and sound like ill be joining the gow club soon as i am 39 ,i also think it goes far beyond just some people in the group but i run into it almost evey day at work. dose any one have any morales any more ?

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    You're as mature as the woman you feel [you are] Sophie
    Thank god for that I aint ready for the M word just yet,she says sitting in her fluffy slippers and flannelette nightie (am not honest lol)
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by maryannnite View Post
    sound like ill be joining the gow club soon as i am 39
    Come on in youngster
    Plenty of room in the garage - and then we can have a good moan together and shake our heads is sad acknowledgement of lowering standards !!!

Sounds good to me, though we'd better use your garage Mirani, mines a bit filled with cars
    Mine is stacked with home made wine gurgling away, ... fancy one? (Parsnip wine - has a very delicate bucket)

Ooh, yes please Mirani, those youngsters don't know what they're missing

G.o.w.

Ladies,
    I guess I should be a member also I've been called a grandma in a club because my skirt was just above my knees. Some of the younger CDs there were kind of snooty and bragged about hiding this from their GF. There was little respect for their SOs hoping that one would walk in and I really hated to say that. I thought at that moment I/we must be getting old. NO we're not, we are just respectful of others and our Wives and SOs which so much to us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with your reasons for posting this but feel like I have to point something out. The vast majority of the time when someone makes a post like that, they are swamped by others telling them how wrong it is. So yes, I am irritated when I see posts about stealing this or that from your wife or girl friend, but I am also relieved by the overwhelmingly negative responses that usually flood in after it.

If you are hiding from your SO then your are being dishonest. When the time comes I hope you will automatically give it your best shot to tell her of your dressing.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better