Thread: How do you cover up for a... sneeze? :O

How do you cover up for a... sneeze? :O

Okay girls, there's been too many serious threads around these parts so I figured I'd contribute to the forum by asking this simple and ridiculous question.

A few weeks ago, there was a question posed asking how you'd cover your tracks if one of your friends or family members/relatives call you by your boy name. This question is along the same lines. This is kinda sorta a legitimate question since I've had this happen to me more than once over the past few months I've been CDing out:

How do YOU cover up a sneeze that suddenly lets out some of your boy voice?

Hi Alex, I love the question, I think it's the small details that could catch us out

When I feel a sneeze coming, I delicately put the back of my hand in front of mouth, then try to sneeze into it, raising my voice a few octaves as I do, thus hopefully achieving the sound of a "femme sneeze"

Good question, Alex!

I can't describe exactly how I do it, nor how I trained myself to do it, but I have a very small, feminine sneeze. It is done with my mouth closed, if that helps to explain it. This is in contrast to my spouse, who changes the atmospheric pressure in a room when she sneezes.

But I make an awful, very masculine sound when I attempt to blow my nose, and have a rather masculine sounding cough. Like most women, I tend to sniffle inward rather than blow my nose. Still, I'd love to find a "fix" for these two!
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hi .

I have it both ways you call me how you please . so, no-el or noeleena. all sorted . & if i say every knows they know so no problem at all,
    oh no-el is female as well,
    now try your 2 nd name mine is edward to edwina.

Now heres one that you can laugh at try this being a builder, a young lad knew who i was & said bob the builder is now wendy the builder.
    so thats cool well i can have it both ways there as well,
    & what he said is correct. yes .
    How many women chippys are there . now wheres my pinny.
    The sneeze , would be as soft as i can make it not like a sergent major & i carry a hanke both for my self & our grand kid so yea yet i have heard some women just like men so a ooops there i think,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 05-16-2010 at 05:16 AM.

Pinch your nose whilst you sneeze, you'll find you sneeze a lot quieter oh and use a hanky
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I'll try and fart loudly at the same time as I sneeze. Hopefully the manly sneeze noise will go unnoticed

Oh great!!! Something else to learn. Doing groceries today, guess I'll add a can of pepper to the list, and practice.

Hadn't ever thought about this before. When "he" sneezes, you gotta stand back at least 10 yards.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha McIntyre View Post
    I'll try and fart loudly at the same time as I sneeze. Hopefully the manly sneeze noise will go unnoticed
    There ya go... works for me!

Actually, it takes some practice, but it is possible to train yourself to sneeze more quietly most of the time. Even so, a really big sneeze is bound to happen every once in a while. When it does, just look around and have a good laugh at the astonished looks of the people around you, that such a manly sneeze came from such a feminine little lady.

What a great thought!!!

A sneeze is easy....its the cough that gets me...

i can squeeze out a high pitched achooo...but an aghcck aghcck...no can do!

I taught myself to sneeze without any vocalization at all. It's easy!

Account is closed
    This question is great. My "problem" is my sneeze does the exact opposite. I have a very "girly" sneeze. I know, I know, I should be ashamed of not having a macho sneeze.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Pinch your nose whilst you sneeze...
    But not all the way shut, right? I would think that you'd risk breaking your eardrums if you closed off your nostrils completely during a sneeze...

I sneeze like a f'ing longshoreman. It seems like sneezing and coughing are related to the size of your chest and the length of your vocal chords, which are going to be bigger for most of us.

But, you know, what do I know. I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.

Ladies' handkerchief.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Oh jeez, I hate sneezing... It always comes very abruptly for me, and usually pretty loud... darn hay fever
    So far little I can do about it... except for grabbing one of my hankies (always got more on me) quickly!
    "One day Jessy, I'm gonna show you the world..."

God stepped back, looked at Adam, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so He created women.
    The ITer stepped back, looked at the beta results, and declared "I can do better than that!" and so he created the final version.
    Sometimes in the final version, some of the beta crap still remains. I know, because I'm living proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    Even so, a really big sneeze is bound to happen every once in a while. When it does, just look around and have a good laugh at the astonished looks of the people around you, that such a manly sneeze came from such a feminine little lady.
    What, you mean not second-guess EVERY minute move we make in life, not be paranoid?
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Yeah, I've been working on that one my darn self. I once tried to do it with my mouth closed and my head exploded. lately I just try to draw in far less air, so then there is less air to be expelled. Try it - it's not as easy as it sounds.

For me its not a big deal, from a kid I got teased for sneezing like a girl. Now its just me.

Gold Member
    sounds like a good plan.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ohitsjustalex View Post
    Okay girls, there's been too many serious threads around these parts so I figured I'd contribute to the forum by asking this simple and ridiculous question.

A few weeks ago, there was a question posed asking how you'd cover your tracks if one of your friends or family members/relatives call you by your boy name. This question is along the same lines. This is kinda sorta a legitimate question since I've had this happen to me more than once over the past few months I've been CDing out:

How do YOU cover up a sneeze that suddenly lets out some of your boy voice?
    i dont have to worry about that fortunately i sneeze and laugh like a girl anyways
    lucky me

but... the main problem is how to get your face off the hanky and back on your face afterwards.
    Chickie

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickhe View Post
    but... the main problem is how to get your face off the hanky and back on your face afterwards.
    i would probably be the first and only girl anyone sees blow snot rockets...

Red face

my sneezes will always scream "man", and you do not want me to fart....trust me there.

i can clear a large room and nobody will hear a thing.