Thread: Your Inner Voice

Your Inner Voice

Ok, I wanted to make a thread about this because I was thinking about it the other day.

Now I don't see myself as a cross-dresser or a transgender. For me, the habit is infrequent, sloppy, and just for pleasure. I do not try to look like a female or try to pass or even have a name. It's just for fun. It's primitive compared to what I see people say they do on this forum. I'm not trying to be Jen or Sara or Beth. I'm positive there's no girl hiding inside me. This is just one way my sex hormones manifest - nothing more. In other words, I see it as a fetish. There're many fetishes out there! Some of them more harmless than others. I see mine as harmless. 1) I do not raid panty drawers 2) I stick to myself and don't make a spectacle 3) Clothes are inanimate objects. In fact, I see myself as blessed to have this trait.

But, despite that i am not a 'girl', for some reason my inner voice seems too delicate. It has some feminine traits and some masculine traits. In this world, my inner voice is like an outsider to me that doesn't fit in well. Part of the reason I came to this forum was to find out who I am. Life is a quest to do that isn't it? Maybe by seeing what others say about their inner voice I can get some kind of idea about mine that help me to cope with myself?

What's your inner voice like? It's the voice you 'hear' when you talk without actually speaking. Do you ever think in words and sentences? I know I do. Sometimes I'll say something without saying it.

So what does this voice sound like? Does it sound like a man? A women? Something else?
    Last edited by gemsay32; 05-18-2010 at 03:37 PM.

Hmm, interesting topic, but valid! Mine's kinda androgynous sounding... like an effeminate male??lol. I personally think it's nothing to ever to worry about though, ya? I mean, it's something you could be consciously aware of, to maybe change how it sounds in your head?? I don't know if any of this was useful to ya hahaha

My inner voice has no comment. Mostly because it refuses to be "genderized".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My inner voice ...hmmm..it's female as I'm typing this (and reading back over it), but generally male in most situations. I tried a little to train myself to think female, but it would take a bit of doing to alter the habits of a lifetime.

Interesting... my inner voice is neither male or female it is me?

Now figuring out who "me" is is a lifetime experience...

I know that I am developing as person, and how I develop is also interesting... sometimes planned, sometimes not...

So... my inner voice... is it changing?

Kaz xx

Aspiring Member

That humming sound in your head is you....

Inner voice?

The voice I think with is my normal voice. It doesn't catch cold, it doesn't get drunk, it doesn't go high or low.

My physical voice, on the other hand, is just a mechanical contraption subject to all sorts of problems, not the least of which is having to somehow work in a culture that values certain tones, timings, and so forth.

Having trained for singing, public speaking, and theater, the external voice is just that. It can be made to mean and do a lot of things, "in public."

Your question is an interesting one because in crossdressing situations it's not unusual to surprise oneself with a look, an outfit, a situation that you hadn't thought of before. Yes, that "voice in your head" can sound pretty odd when it sounds surprised... "Look at that! Huh!"

I really couldn't call my "inner voice" male or female. It's, I suppose, probably the model for my external voice, but it's not remarkably one gender or another. But, not all external voices are easily guessed at either - you hear a voice, on the phone for example, and you have to think about it for a moment: Is this a gal or a guy?.

And, paragraphs and sentences? Of course. I can recall my inner voice as a child, and this one is the same one, but with a much larger vocabulary and many more words, sentences, and paragraphs at a time than that one.

Last, part of my "getting it" that CDing (and a lot of other things) was no big deal was understanding and accepting that I was always the same person - no matter what I was doing.

I am not two people, I don't have "a femme side," and, I'm not (as far as I can tell) nuts in any meaningful way.

At least, that's what I hear in my head....

My inner voice is feminine... it is a gentle, perceiving presence.... loving, hearfelt... wanting reciprocation... fragile.... Jung has said that the soul of a man is feminine: his "anima" (soul).... and I certainly feel that...
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar

Thumbs up The Sound of your Soul?

I tend to believe that my inner voice is my soul, without gender or age.

I say this because I do not sense that my inner voice is predominantly male nor female but an amalgamation of my experiences growing up. And age, well, since I was 21 (I am 40 now) there have been many who spoke with me via phone for work that, when they did meet me, said "I expected somebody much older, more my own age" (they were 50+). Because of that I feel that soul can exist without much age reference.

Yes, when I wear a pretty dress or some nice heels that feel good my inner voice expresses itself with quiet intrigue. I do not exclaim inside "Hot Babe" or begin singing "I feel pretty" but simply think "I like how I look and feel."

I share a similar take on dressing as you, gemsay23, as I dress as a hobby and for enjoyment with a regular but not all-engrossing fetish tangent. I wear what feels good and helps me relax in who I am: a guy who likes to wear more than what the male stereotypical wardrobe suggests I should. And hey, it's fun!

Good topic choice.

My inner voice doesn't sound like my voice. But of course my voice doesn't sound like my inner voice either. I am shocked when I do her my recorded voice.LOL....

However I listen to my inner voice 24/7 it always seems to be right. Sometimes it is loving sometime the love is harsh.

Learn how to trust your inner self.
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill

I believe that my inner voice is male. I also think that although it is male that it was gifted with the ability to think about and enjoy female aspects of society. Simple, and effective.
    Being dressed up is much better if you have someone else to admire and enjoy it with you.

------------------------------------------------------
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
    - Alice Kingsley

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    What an interesting thread. My inner voice seems to change with my mood not necessarily with my appearance. I definitely have a male and female inner voice, though i'm softly spoken either way. It's like to cope with some situations I think and to some extent also present physically, as female, whether dressed or drab. My wife tends to stop me when I do this, as it clearly appears odd, from her point of view. It's something I just do without thinking about it, just by being me.
    Last edited by Jane G; 05-23-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Silver Member
    Well for years my inner voice used to tell me I wasn't a transvestite or a cross dresser, I was just a bloke who for some strange reason liked to wear womens clothes, I chose to believe that inner voice for years.

Now I know what I am and the voice has gone, I am totally 100% a crossdressing man, there is no question now in my head, I am what I am and I enjoy me all the better for knowing and allowing the reality in

Well, sometimes my inner voice is female, other times it is male, and other times it is a mean and spiteful little devil that likes to remind me of . . . well, a lot of negative things. Thankfully the female and male voices are getting the best of the devil and keeping it quiet

I don't know, I think the quote I have for my signature may also give you something to think about? What do you think?

This is really interesting. My inner voice is mostly androgynous, but it depends on my moods. Other people I'm with can have a slight effect on my inner voice too - if we really connect, it might take on a hint of their voice the same way an accent tends to rub off on me. But whenever I'm around flamboyant gay guys, look out! I suddenly "become" a flamboyant gay guy. I can't help it. Not sure what that means. I must be a flamboyant gay guy at heart?

Do you suppose a person's inner voice is related to the way a person sees themselves in their dreams?

I don't have an inner voice, I just hear strange noises in my head