Thread: Came out to a good friend at work

Came out to a good friend at work

Well, having got agreement from my wife, I "came out" to a very good GG friend at work today. She is a lesbian, and very open about it, so I thought she would be fine, but it was still difficult because I really value her friendship, and great sense of humor, and don't want to mess that up.

She was completely supportive, asked some good questions, and made me feel pleased about telling her. I'm sure we will chat about it some more. I have only told a handful of people, and it is just so nice to have another person I can be completely honest about myself with. I don't know why that seems so important, but it does.

Anyway, just wanted to share.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad it was a good experience! Here's to many more.

Kathi

Aw, that's nice. I'm sure she appreciates that you trusted her enough to tell her.

Congratulations!
    Telling people is scary and liberating at the same time!

That's wonderful news. It's great to have someone to share with.

Freddy

i recently did the same. I told a GG at work i was bi and that I CD. She has since bout me two pairs of shoes and offered to give me some makeup if I wanted it.

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Congratulations on your good experience!

Hugs
    Kaylee

Hey Kara Thank you for sharing the news.I'm glad to hear it went well.I dont know how anybody at my job would take it.Im sure i would never hear the end of it.

I know what you mean about wanting to be honest though.I told a few close friends.I just thought it was something that needed to be done.Like,here you are in my life,one of my closest best friends and you dont even know me.Who and what am I if my friends dont even know who I am.Who are they? Its out of respect,respect for myself,giving my friends a opportunity to decide if they want to keep who they let into their life and knowing more about the people I have allowed into mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Congratulations I know what it feels like when you tell a close friend.... It's such a releif

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

That's great Kara. Glad it turn out so well for you.

Vicki

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    First time I told a workmate,she said she already knew,tell tale signs and all,
    told cpl other girls and they were cool with it
    Only found out in last year that almost all my shift now know,never had a problem ever since.guess that was dumb luck

I think you have to be really confident in who your telling when you let them into your secret,but If it works out,It can go really well for you
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

thanks for sharing Kara and I once shared my CDing preferences with a nurse I worked with and she had no problem with it and we shared a lot of conversation about it and once at work we switched uniforms and the rest of the staff and patients got a kick out of it - of course I wore womens white jeans and pantyhose and female shoes every day at work anyways and loved doing it - Ellen

That's funny Ellen. Maybe I should start working with a French Maid and see if I can get away with the same thing ...