Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When buying girly stuff online....

This works for me too...

Quote Originally Posted by suzypier View Post
    Hi girls,

Because I am still in the closet and I only go out en femme while away from home, I have solved that problem by having a secret P.O. Box. So no matter which name I use it is safe.

Suzanne
    And it helps that the post office is only 4 blocks from my office.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Real name. Out to the wife, and really you can always fall back on the "name on the credit card".

And everything else said in this thread.

Shipping

I use a P.O. Box Too!
    But sometimes it takes longer and some places do not ship to a P.O. Box.

When I usually get things shipped over, I just use my real name... My mother doesn't open my packages :P

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

I have no home delivery, I'm out in B.F.E., and use my male name. Even the Fredricks catalog comes to him.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    When I get anything delivered I order using my wifes Initial,with her consent of course,I wouldn't ordinarily have a problem,but It so happens my Postman is my Cousin LOL
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Elizabeth Anne Parsons ellieparsons's Avatar
    I use my real name& its shipped to my house, luckly i live alone, so i dont have to worry about people seeing what i order or opening up my packages.

I originally got a PO box as an identity theft defense. The PO Box is far more secure than the "community mailboxes" the USPS has foisted on home builders in the past couple decades. Community boxes are more convienent for the postman but also for mail thieves. But I digress..

The SO knows and has her own key but she rarely uses it. No secrets. I have stuff shipped there mostly as part of my "don't rub her nose in it" rule.

I just give 'em the first initial. But the full name is on the CC and the email return address. Works every time.

Gold Member
    We somehow got things backwards. The credit card we use is in my name and the PayPal account in my wives. Well, all the clothing, shoes, Breast Form Store, etc don't use PayPal so they have my name on them from the credit card. The computer/electronic stuff is from places that usually take PayPal, so it is all in my wife's name. So I get the Victoria Secrets and OneHanesPlace catalogs and she gets TigerDirect and others. Before my daughter knew, she looked at my mail and asked if I needed a new bra.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

simple

I use my male name and have it shipped to my house. No problems here

tina

I have always used my male name and never had a problem. The majority of people here are right. The parcel delivery person doesn't care.

I use my male name and also have a PO box. I prefer most items sent there, but I've run into instances lately where they shipped UPS instead of through the mail. I had both UPS, identifying where the package was from, AND Fredericks call the house trying to find a physical address to deliver to! (Talk about double whammy ) That was really odd as I had had all orders from them delivered to the post office with no problem before.

So I kind of gave up on caring. I still have some things sent to the box, but have more delivered at home now. Frederick's packages are plain looking. But some companies print their name and/or logo in big letters on the package. So if you order from Newport News or Metrostyle for instance, if people know they deal in exclusively women's clothing, they're going to know what's in the package.

No problems shopping online

Everything I wear has been bought online. Real name, credit card, and mailing address. I live alone, but my landlord who lives downstairs often receives my packages.

The first thing I do before placing an order is to check a site's shipping policy. If it's a legit site (for example, Glamour Boutique), they will spell it all out in plain English that they ship in an unmarked package with a non-descript return address.

The big surprise for me was Victoria's Secret. They ship in a plain white plastic bag with just "VS" on it. (In fact, I think it was in these forums that I was made aware of this!) What sucks is that they automatically sign you up for their print catalog, so if people can see your mail, be careful. Fortunately they're pretty good about removing you from their mailing list via email. And, it seems like no one cares if you're a single man with a lingerie catalog in his mailbox.

The other strategy I have is shopping at sites that cater to both men and women, like the Gap.

I actually got a PO Box for a little while, but I found it inconvenient to even get the darn thing that I never used it, plus so many stores use UPS anyway.

Hope this helps!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I frequently buy femme stuff online! Since my male name is on my cards, that is the name I order under. But I always have the femme stuff delivered to Mr. Stephanie ******** at home! As my namesake Stephanie S says, Nobody cares!!!

Well, my dear late wife thought it was funny! Of course, she knew all about Stephanie!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Aspiring Member

That reminds me...

I use my male name for all business.

And, it's true, nobody cares.

Meanwhile, got some new neighbors recently and thought they were acting a bit too polite.

Turns out they've been using an attic window our old neighbors never used and can see down into our dining room and kitchen.

Fine. Hope they like chiffon...

(But, we don't care of they don't.)

I order using my real name. You can always say stuff is for your wife. I am out to my wife, I have three drawers of girl clothes for me. They can also be passed as my wife's clothes. The only thing that concerns me a little bit is my high heels collection. My wife is 7.5 and I use 11, so if somebody takes a look to my shoe collection the question will be made: who uses here 11 size in women's shoes? ...

I use my real name and have it shipped to my work. It is only the 4 of us here, so , since it is so mom and pop, no questions or anything.I usually receive the UPS orders anyhow, so I pull my stuff as soon as it arrives.

I try to be ultra-safe, as I'm completely closeted.

* To pay for it, I get a Visa gift card and register it online in a completely untraceable name. ("Santa Claus"), with an address in a whole 'nother state.

* I order it in a different name, and use my office as the mailing address. The name I use is vry very close to my masculine name, but with a few letter different. Close enough so that the mailman delivers it to me, but different enough so that, if caught, I have plausible deniability because it's not my name on the package.

So, it arrives as if ordered from "Santa Claus" in a different state and delivered to my office without my accurate name on the box. It works! :-)

[SIZE="3"]I use my own name & address on parcels

Mandy's Email address, at the end of the day its a sale! Who cares

I also go into shops & will buy en femme clothes & ask any assistant for any help
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"] Mandy xx[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Dont knock it, till youve tried it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Qualified & Insured Waxing Therapist[/SIZE]

My wife gets magazines from gun magazines, etc. I get them from Victoria's Secret. It's a common thing when spouse's order for each other.

It depends on the item, stuff I need to sign for, and may wish to peruse at law if it turns up broken, or is NFG, I tend to use my usual male name (the one on the credit card that paid for the goods). For smaller items, usually from eBay then Imogen is the name. I'm another lucky one with an understanding girlfriend.

Understanding girlfriends are beyond measure, they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRose View Post
    That reminds me. One time several years ago I ordered a "toy" online. It came in a brown unmarked packet, which also happened to be ripped along the largest seam, displaying said toy to the postman when he rang the bell to deliver it.
    Yes, there is a definite risk in ordering the occasional jelly or crystal glass toy in the mail, even when the batteries are not included. Whatever did you say to the postman? I am pretty blase, but I think I would have been a bit flummoxed by that set of circumstances.

I'm presuming he rang the doorbell to deliver because of he condition of the package and not from curiosity. Am I giving him too much credit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayme View Post
    It depends on the item, stuff I need to sign for, and may wish to peruse at law if it turns up broken, or is NFG, I tend to use my usual male name (the one on the credit card that paid for the goods). For smaller items, usually from eBay then Imogen is the name. I'm another lucky one with an understanding girlfriend.

Understanding girlfriends are beyond measure, they really are.
    Agree totally with the last sentiment. But I always use my own name. Our post people must know - we all know what a bra feels like in a package!

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    I use my own name, and my lovely bride is aware of my "hobby." She doesn't mind a bit, because I always get her a treat when I buy myself something.

She does giggle at all the women's catalogs that come to our house in my name
    Love

Lynne

Oh then you're aware that UPS has a special banner in pink letters 4 feet tall that says CROSSDRESSER DELIVERY that they unfurl everytime they make such a delivery. And the companys that sell such things put them in boxes with big lettering on them that say: SISSY CROSSDRESSER. So one can imagine how difficult it would be to have them delivered.
    But of course that stuff doesn't happen, seems they like repeat business.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President