Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superglue

Superglue

Hey people,

Ok, this is going to be one of the most stupidest (My god... I dont know why I am asking) questions I have ever asked.

I am making a pear of breasts from scratch (My own design too, from external look to internal structure.... And should be less than forms) and I am figuring out what I could use to adhere them to my chest...

What is the dangers of just using superglue and using a solvent to remove them when done?

I know, I know. Stupid question but I am cheap :P

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

Kara, seriously not a good idea, please don't
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Definitely don't!

They sell appropriate glue for this, and its really not very expensive... certainly less expensive than a trip to the emergency room!

Hugs
    Kaylee

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Dont stop with the boobs. If you could make a vagina in your garage you would be VERY rich!

Platinum Member
    don't mess with super glue - there are lots of temporary adhesives made for application to skin - such as some I got from Lucy's International. Other options include more potent surgical adhesives - but I haven't any experience with them.

Personally, I would spring for a nice pair of forms. but who knows, maybe you'll invent the ultimate breast form!

I'm a hand's on kinda person, plus I dont mind experimenting with my own contraptions before I buy a premade pair :P

One of my friends mentioned of a thetarical adheasive they use in plays called Spirit Gum, I'll see if I can track some down.

Thanks ya'll.

Lots of Love,
    Miss Kara
    A man cannot exist without a woman, but a woman can exist without a man. Who is the lesser gender?

8rys, going on walkabout
    Aside from the short" don't do it", super glue tends to be a brittle bond. I am assuming you are going to want a flexible bond so you and the forms can move naturally. I would look at medical adhesives. Nuhope for example is similar to rubber cement that is applies with a brush.
    I hope your home designed forms come out well, Ive been trying to find supplies to make film quality prostetics for a while. Time and money have been my enemy, it would be almost cheaper to grow my own.

Medical expenses can cost a lot more than breast forms. Not mention loss of work if off. Play it safe!!!!

[SIZE=4]Over the past 40 years I have experimented with every know glue/adhesive for all sorts of body attachments. Super glue or cynoacrylic glues are not desinged for bare human skin. The actually have such a small molecular size that they penetrate the skin and form a bond that takes a lot of acetone to make pliable again. There are lots of adhesives that wil;l hold breast forms on, whether they are store-bouight or home made. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Read the articles on breast form adhesives that have been posted here for over 3 years. Lots of information on how to use them and how to get it off the skin.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Spirit gum has been around since the time of the Egyptians, it is a common plant produced sticky stuff. Many theatrical adhesives are based on it.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Kara, NO!

There r MANY bad glues u mite try. Superglue must be the worst!

They make medical adhesive for just this purpose. I've used it with success. About $30 for a small can!

However, try 3M spray on contact cement. MANY girls recommend it for forms! About $7 for a LARGE can at Home Depot!

I bought some, but haven't needed to glue on forms since buying my female suit!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If you want to see what super glue does just put a dab between two fingers and I don't think you will ever consider using to glue on your breasts. Every time I use super glue I manage to get some on my fingers. Blah!

Vieja

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Super glue - Bad idea for skin.
    There are double stick tapes that work pretty well that I got through the store where I purchased my forms.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Superglue....
    Great for accidently sticking your fingers together
    Bad for intentionally sticking things to your body

Aspiring Member

There are better ways...

If you can make a PEAR of breasts, why not skip the small stuff and turn sand into gold?

But, seriously, why would you want to make some when you can buy 'em, use bird seed bags or water balloons in a bra, or, have a bit of (reverse-able) surgery?

Superglue and the stuff to get it off with will leave bad scars on that big of an area. Not to mention the feel of something glue-frozen to your chest will not be a good feeling at all. You might, in fact, "crack" the skin off when you move and the glued on stuff doesn't.

Nah. Not a good method.

The idea is fine, if that sort of thing is what you aspire too.

But, there are many better ways to get what you want than that.

Thanks for asking in advance.

Good luck and good living.

your skin will not forgive you so easily
    super glue is not always supper

i enjoy figuring out stuff too ...so maybe ask why to they have to adhere?

It's not necessarily BAD for your skin, but trying to remove it certainly can be.

Super-glue gel is non-toxic, and I quite like it for sealing cracks in my hands and as liquid-stitches. It's stronger than traditional stitches, since it penetrates and bonds for a long period, unlike new-skin or other wound-sealants.

But I still wouldn't try to use it on forms, or anything that requires remover. When using it to close wounds, it just stays on there until your shed enough skin that it comes off.

It's not bad for your skin, it just has it's applications, and sticking forms to your chest is NOT one of them.
    We're here for a good time, not a long time.
    So have a good time. The sun can't shine everyday.

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Palette Wielding Maniac missdanie's Avatar
    Listen to Tamara! Read her message four or five times, especially the part about molecular size. Your dermis is not something you want to compromise or play with. It's what protects the inside of you from the world at large. This isn't a cosmetic issue.

Spirit gum is an acceptable choice, but pay close attention to how you remove it. I have worked with many an actor who has developed dermatitis from solvents.

-D

Aspiring Member
    Kara,

i do not use breast forms but i use chemicals in my business for many many things on a day to day basis.

Super Glue is primarily based on Cyanoacrylate, this chemical is finer than the pores on your skin, when it makes contact it instantly soaks thru multiple layers of your skin (or other materials) and even upon removal there will still be a significant amount of chemical under your skin that WILL cause inflamation, redness and in the event that it removes skin as well (drawing blood) you now have the risk of infection, which can cause scarring.

Chemicals that remove super glues: Acetone, Laquer Thinner, Mineral Spirits(turpentine), De-natured alchohol, and a few others.

All of these chemicals that remove superglue are actually WORSE for you than the actual superglue. These chemicals are very thin on the elemental chart in fact thinner than water as in they have a very small chemical makeup. They will absorb into your skin 10x faster than the fine Cyanoacrylate in the super glue.

All of these chemicals have been up for review by the MSDS and well known for the possible effects of causing CANCER and other developed diseases.

Please im begging you spend 20 bucks get some medical glue.

And dont use the 3m glue that Doc suggested (sry doc), i use this chemical out of the can very often in laminating and creating furniture finishes. This chemical is harsh and i have had had severe chemical burns on my hands from it, and the Denatatured alchohol i use to remove it and clean my tools with. This chemical is the same base as Contact Cement and is thinned down with Acetone to make it spray from a can.

Sry about the long post but i wanted to fully warn you of the dangers of this before you possibly give yourself breast cancer.
    And that would definitely put a cramp on future plans for breast implants/augmentation, as well as the longevity of your life

Hugs and a smack to the head!
    -Donni-
    Last edited by DonniDarkness; 05-20-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

Hi Kara,

I use the 3M 77 for this purpose on an almost daily basis and have had few problems. Generally I glue the girls in place before bed so that I can wear nighties without a bra or other support.

It does leave a sticky mess when I (carefully) peel the girls off, but I have found that massaging a dollop (a very precise term) of cold cream over my chest pretty much softens the mess and leaves it easy to wash off.

The forms stay a little sticky after I remove them, which means that they stay in place under even a light bra without any additional glue.

I use goo-gone after every couple of applications to clean the forms. This is not particularly satisfying and takes several sprays and soaks and wiping off with paper towels. When I've got them as clean as I can, I lather them up with shampoo a couple of time to get the goo-gone off, I neglected to do this step once and had the only really bad problem - two breastform-shaped chemical burns where I re-installed them. The top layer of skin peeled of and it stung like the dickens too.

The only other problems I've had resulted from my not be careful enough removing them - I've had a couple of small abrasions where some of my skin came off with the form. I expect that removing them in a hot shower might prevent this altogether.

BTW, this all supposes that your forms are strong enough to handle the glue. Most commercial forms are encased in a strong polyurethane skin that is practically impervious chemically and otherwise pretty tough physically. On occasion I will put a spritz of the glue under my home-made hip/tush pads to keep them in the right place and they always leave bits of themselves attached to me. I scrubs off easily, but the pads are looking a little sad as a result.

One final warning; everybody has different sensitivities to different things. I grew up washing car parts in a bucket of leaded gasoline (not the smartest thing to do but we really didn't know better) and had no reaction other than a little dry skin. The fact that the gasoline didn't irritate my skin may be related to the 3M 77 not bothering me. I don't think there is anything in the glue that is inherently harmful, but it may irritate you. Try a little patch for a short time as a test.

Good luck!

-jj
    Last edited by jenniferj; 05-20-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieja View Post
    If you want to see what super glue does just put a dab between two fingers and I don't think you will ever consider using to glue on your breasts. Every time I use super glue I manage to get some on my fingers. Blah!

Vieja
    Couldn't agree more! I get nervous every time I use a dab of super glue around the house....

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissKara View Post

One of my friends mentioned of a thetarical adheasive they use in plays called Spirit Gum, I'll see if I can track some down
    Miss Kara
    My Friend uses Spirit Gum to keep her Wig in place,she swears by it,not sure how strong it is though,but worth a shout.She actually bought her's from Local novelty shop

Good Luck with your Experimenting
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Gold Member
    If you do end up trying super glue, acetone can remove it, depending on the type of super glue.
    Still though it is a horrid idea unless you plan on having them on for several days.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

This is why I like you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    Dont stop with the boobs. If you could make a vagina in your garage you would be VERY rich!

Don't use superglue. When you get your fingers stuck together that's bad enough. Consider that finger skin is quite tough in comparison to the rest of your body. It's going to destroy your chest skin if you do that. I can't imagine the removal process is going to be kind either.

I once managed to get my tongue stuck to my teeth with superglue. (I'm a crafter so I was holding the lid in my mouth. I learn't from that mistake very quickly) I finally managed to pry it away from them but it took weeks before the residue disappeared.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.