Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any other CD's who are gay guys?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are there any other CD's who are gay guys?

Hey Everyone.

I'm new to the site and I have a question. I've been crossdressing for 2 1/2 years now. From what I know, most CD's are str8 guys (maybe I'm wrong). If I'm right, I kinda feel like a rare breed since I'm a gay guy. I want to know if there are any others who live their everyday lives as gay guys but who are CD's.

From what I've learned....

Over the years, in order to learn about myself I've read tons of material on crossdressing. General statistics that I've found all pretty much wind up around this: About 80% of us are (or claim to be) completely heterosexual, despite the various fantasies about being female, we don't interact sexually with males in real life. As an example, most of my sexual fantasies are AS a female, behaving as the female, but interacting with women (yeah, I know that doesn't work out very well at all in real life, but we don't get to choose what turns us on, do we). So that leaves about 20%; now, also knowing that approximately 5% of all males are homosexual, that would mean a significant number of gay males also crossdress, or admit to crossdressing. The numbers get fuzzy, because most of us don't like to label ourselves as strictly one thing or another, and lots of people don't like labels at all. I don't know where professional crossdressers fit into this (drag queens and female impersonator entertainers can be either gay or straight or sometimes in between) but there you have it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Over the years, in order to learn about myself I've read tons of material on crossdressing. General statistics that I've found all pretty much wind up around this: About 80% of us are (or claim to be) completely heterosexual, despite the various fantasies about being female, we don't interact sexually with males in real life. As an example, most of my sexual fantasies are AS a female, behaving as the female, but interacting with women (yeah, I know that doesn't work out very well at all in real life, but we don't get to choose what turns us on, do we). So that leaves about 20%; now, also knowing that approximately 5% of all males are homosexual, that would mean a significant number of gay males also crossdress, or admit to crossdressing. The numbers get fuzzy, because most of us don't like to label ourselves as strictly one thing or another, and lots of people don't like labels at all. I don't know where professional crossdressers fit into this (drag queens and female impersonator entertainers can be either gay or straight or sometimes in between) but there you have it.
    Based on some recent threads that were rather long and countless other things I've observed, I'm pretty sure the "statistics" and surveys are very, very loaded, with a lot of people giving the answers they want to believe and they want everyone else to believe, when the reality is that their fantasies and inclinations are the exact opposite.

And, if there were no social consequences (losing friends, family, jobs, children, companions) as a result of living and being with who they're inclined to be with (even if it is fleeting and they immediately return to their picture perfect (or imperfect) home), I'm also pretty sure they'd do it.

And, this is what creates the closet so many people are in. Amazingly simple, isn't it?

Obviously, this applies to me, but also does the fact that there's no way I'd ever live as a gay man. I know my feminine nature and if I somehow desired to destroy my life, I'd go all the way and transition, making everything as it should be.

Who, what, when -

I consider myself bi but am in a committed relationship with my female SO - it's actually only recently that I came to this recognition and to recognizing that I am also a cross dresser.
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

Aspiring Member
    I am bi. However, I have not had any encounters with women for several years now. So, does that make me gay? Doesn't matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Wow, you have no idea how glad I am to see that someone else has the same feelings I do... I've always felt like I should be a woman, but typically only have fantasies about being a woman with another woman.

[SIZE=4]I'm bi and am beginning to prefer men especially when dressed[/SIZE].

It is really hard to come out of 2 closets.Working in construction and being close to retiring is not the time.I have waited this long ,so a few more years won't matter.

Actually I've always been jealous of gay crossdressers. I thought naively they had an easier time than us straight crossdressers.

I now see that gay men naturally prefer their men masculine. And that the men that like crossdressers are another hidden sexuality altogether.

In saying that the numbers of men that are attracted to crossdressers is large compared to the number of women.

You can be gay and crossdress or not crossdress.
    You can not be gay and crossdress or not crossdress.
    Whatever you call them, orientations or preferences, they are not related.

I wont deny I have a sexual attraction to other crossdressers and transexuals but beyond that I would have to say no I have no real interest in men
    Cynthia is still a part of me. Even if I can't express her much these days.

Let's just say that my "hinge" on "my gate" is multi-tasked!!!!

I can see us (or some of us ) being able to be masculine and attractive to women as a hetrosexual male...and then be able to take on our female role and be attractived to males from a female prespective...so does that make us bi/gay or just multi-demensional???? Now to make it even more confusing or "blurred"...lets say we as females are attracted to lesbian females....what does that make us???? gay lesbians????

Better to address this as being simply a person (or people) who can transform accross established modes of human sexuality (i,e, being straight) that have been established by society as being acceptable "norms" and bend those "norms" into different levels of sexual experiences and acceptance...although it may not work for the general members of society it works well for a few who can transform back and form esitly and without any difficulty....so they get to enjoy both sides of their seuxality....
    Last edited by Sherry-Stephanie; 05-22-2010 at 02:58 PM.
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

There have been so many opions already expressed that I am a bit hesitant to add mine. I have personally known only one CD who was gay. I know of some CDS who are, in effect, bi as they have sexual attractions to and relations with both men and women. Some of these CDs only consider a relationship with a man when they are presenting as a woman. Many "experts" think that the percentage of CDs that have a gay sexual orientation is probably about the same as for the general populace or might even be a little less. As usual, any of these concepts are nearly impossible to prove.
    Sexual orientation and gender expression are not linear in nature.
    Hugs, Carole

I'm a CD who has only had hetero experiences, but who is open (top or bottom), to...other...experiences. At this point, guys, in general, don't turn me on. Hot women and hot trannies DO. I would "do" a beautiful trannie before "doing" a woman at this point. What does that make me?

Quote Originally Posted by Anneliese View Post
    I'm a CD who has only had hetero experiences, but who is open (top or bottom), to...other...experiences. At this point, guys, in general, don't turn me on. Hot women and hot trannies DO. I would "do" a beautiful trannie before "doing" a woman at this point. What does that make me?
    I agree with anneliese. MtF TS and women only.
    Misty

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    There have been so many opions already expressed that I am a bit hesitant to add mine. I have personally known only one CD who was gay. I know of some CDS who are, in effect, bi as they have sexual attractions to and relations with both men and women. Some of these CDs only consider a relationship with a man when they are presenting as a woman. Many "experts" think that the percentage of CDs that have a gay sexual orientation is probably about the same as for the general populace or might even be a little less. As usual, any of these concepts are nearly impossible to prove.
    Sexual orientation and gender expression are not linear in nature.
    I think the last sentence is what I was looking for. Sexual orientation and gender expression are not linear in nature. I just figure that if we crossdressed, it would be to attract and be with men. U know, that whole opposite thing, man and woman together. But I see that's not how it always is.

From what I gather, Gay men that crossdress tend to do it for Drag shows. Thats a Drag Queen.

A crossdresser, someone who crossdresses in day to day life not for performance tend to be straight.

Quote Originally Posted by VikkiVixen7188 View Post
    From what I gather, Gay men that crossdress tend to do it for Drag shows. Thats a Drag Queen.

A crossdresser, someone who crossdresses in day to day life not for performance tend to be straight.
    Yeah, then we're definitely not as common as str8 CDs. I don't do it for drag shows. I've been asked several times if I'd like to perform and the answer was always no. That could be the start of a new thread!

I used to think I was bi but that got too complicated. Now the only relationship that I enjoy is with males even if I'm not dressed.. When I am dressed being the female is exciting beyond belief. You have to be very careful though because some gay men don't like being with cders. Just my thoughts.

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar
    I think there's a female spirit trapped in my body, but she's a lesbian.
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Assuming that a genetic male who enjoys the female role in intercourse, but only when presenting as a woman, is nonetheless gay on the objective level, then I'm one.

On the other hand, I also enjoy relations with gender women when I'm presenting as a man, so does that make me Bi- part of the time and Gay part of the time.

But, then what word should I use to describe my behavior during the times I spend with men who present as women for sexual intercourse?

And, relative to the above paragraph, does it make a difference if I'm also presenting as a woman?

Why does everyone who isn't a psychiatrist want to practice psychiatry on themselves and everybody else on this site?

Just asking. I don't have any answers, just dazed, confused and in need of direction.

Gay here and proud of it!
    Amanda

I thought i might be bi at one point.. but i realised im completely straight was just kinda bored following breaking up with a girl whom id been going out with for quite a while

Smile Areb there any CD's as gay guys

I am Bi sexual ,when I am dressed I like to BE able to play the whole role ,I have been cross dressing all my life and I love to do it . It took me a while to get with a man but when I did I thoroughly enjoyed it , Although I could not live in a gay relationship I still enjot the company of men.

Quote Originally Posted by abigail43 View Post
    I am Bi sexual ,when I am dressed I like to BE able to play the whole role ,I have been cross dressing all my life and I love to do it . It took me a while to get with a man but when I did I thoroughly enjoyed it , Although I could not live in a gay relationship I still enjot the company of men.
    Well said Abigail, i feel exactly the same and it is a struggle though when en femme it is so pleasing to know i turn a man on. Good hunting and being who you are.