Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fed-up to be a crossdresser ?

I've purged several times when coming to grip with who I am. I regretted it every time I did it as well.

I highly recommend storing all your stuff somewhere while you go through the denial process.

I've purged enough times in my younger days to know not to throw stuff away anymore. I still occasionally go through periods where I don't dress for several weeks but these are getting rarer, it always comes back eventually.

I think the urge to purge for me was linked to the shame I felt dressing at the time. Thanks to sites like this and having had the privilege to work with a TS in a previous job I no longer longer feel any shame so I don't purge - unless I'm making space to update my wardrobe .

Never Purged

Never will either. I dressed when I was 16 and stopped and didn't start again till I was 43. I kept Felicity locked up for many years till I realized she is a part of me and always will be. I know I could never purge because I just went 10 straight days without dressing because my work was so busy and I couldn't wait till I was off again which was today and dressed. I said to my wife today that if it wasn't for family,some friends and work, I might consider dressing full time and she just said if I ever do decide to go full time, I have her full support. What a wife.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

i have gotten fed-up with being fed-up about cross dressing,

it costs way to much to regroup and fill the closet with all new skirts, blouses, etc. when i am fed-up with being in drab all the time.

Aspiring Member
    Been there and done that.
    Same as all the other replys.
    I have stopped purging as it gets too expensive.
    I just have to move out the shoes when I get too many
    Box up and hide them if you must but unless you have money to burn don't give them away, you will be back.......

It gets really expensive purging.Just when you think you have done it then you see a pretty outfit or a lip color you just have to have .I hope now to just do mini purges with items i don't really like anymore or doesn't fit as good as it should to make room.You have quite an extensive and expensive shoe collection.That would be hard to replace.Since you know you will have to.

Banned Read only
    I've put CDing on hold a few times. Usually when I have a new girlfriend. But I've never ever thought about getting rid of my stuff! Perish the thought. I know the desire will always come back.

must be going through a change of life ill never give my things up NO!NO!

WAY

I am not sure if you would call my situation a purge Suzy but more of making a few conclusions about myself. I did give most of my things away about six or more years ago and have not replaced them really. I ended up sort of merging what most of you refer to as the male and female sides together. I do not consider it androgyny either. I consider it more being myself. A bit difficult to explain I suppose without a long story.

Did it several years ago. I have not dressed in a very long time. I have learned through past experience to never say never, but to date, all is well and I have a girlfriend who loves to dress sexy and tease me all the time. She keeps my interest on her and only her all day, every day.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Yes.
    But there is an easy option .
    Write down everything you dislike on dressing , even list the clothes or female items you have , then throw that list away .........

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    No, I've never been so fed up with crossdressing that I've wanted to toss everything away. Why is that?

I mean look at the negatives, the time spent that could be better spent doing something productive, the possible backlash by those who would find out and deal with it in a very fundamentalist way, the cost of all the clothing, padding, forms, makeup, shoes etc. Why keep doing it if so much of it is just wrong?

Ahh, maybe it's because there is something about it that is very right. The first thing that comes to mind is that it is a very basic part of who I am. To toss everything is to deny who I am and frankly, that could lead to bigger problems that wanting to dress like a girl.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

What and just conform to being a regular guy in dull boring drab? Forget that, I'm too eccentric to submit to such a depressing state again. I am having too much fun being liberated from fear and repression. Cheers!
    Chris

Yes, I believe that purging works and is a permanent solution to prevent the urge to crossdress from re-occurring.

I also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy .

Been there, done that - but like the rest of us here, have eventually come to realize that crossdressing is a life sentence with no time off for good behavior - especially if we commit a "fashion crime" in the process .

i might as well say it aswell ,""been there done it too"", purged once when i was about 15 or so , diddnt help much as soon was back dressing .Purged again in the 90,s when got almost caught . I did a semi purge when i got found out by my wife about a month ago, (maybe its some form of guilt) ,
    It only leaves you out of pocket but it does clean up your wardrobe as i am now sad i threw a nice shirt away in my madness. no more purgeing for me !!!!

as for the being a crossdresser ,frustration is the the main word i would use.as its not easy being a crossdresser and it does have its problems but i would not be without it ,the most important thing is to accept that " what you are is who you are" and there is nothing wrong with that .Purging does not help " understanding yourself does " . ( it took me almost 25 years to find that out but once i did i see things more clearly now )

I would love to give up crossdressing. As much as it feels good, as much as I love doing it, and as much as I feel like letting my feminine self out....it drives my wife crazy. It is affecting my marriage. What to do?
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by suzypier View Post
    Hi,

I would like to know if you ever experience the same though as I.

Have you ever got very close of giving up all your CD stuffs to Goodwill and forget about being a CDer, no matter the reason why.

Suzanne
    Hi Girls,

I want to thank you all for your excellent advices, the message is clear. The majority of you said by experience not to purge my stuffs. You are right; there is an investment of about $4,000 to $5,000 of stuffs. So if I ever decide to stop cross dressed I will pack everything and hiding it in the attic.

Thanks again you have been very helpful, Suzanne
    Suzanne

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Many years ago I did stop being a CD and got rid of a whole lot of stuff. However, I did not give it all to Goodwill. I sold a lot of it!! I stopped because I thought it was best for my whole family, which was my wife and I and two wonderful children who did not know their dad was a CD! 5 years later my wife actually begged me to start dressing again!! She said she missed Stephanie and wanted her in our life again! So I did, and although she has passed on I still do dress a lot. BTW, my children, who are grown now, do know about me now.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I have tried too.

I have purged sooo many times. If I stop to figure it out, it has cost me in the thousands of dollars. Even now I wish I had some of the shoes that I got rid of.

Several times a year atleast ..But learned a lng time ago ,it takes me a long time , money and courage to collect what I have ..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

yes, but it seems there are two situations I have experienced. Early on, it was mostly a guilt and feeling shame thing so I would end up trashing everything then the desire would come back in force. Since I have come to terms with who I am, it seems the desire is just decreasing and it is just not really practical to dress...not saying I don't, the only way I can describe it, is like a hobby which you were really involved and for some reason you grow out of it. Maybe, I have learned all I needed to? I know the desire might come back so I'll keep my stuff, but I actually feel the most free that I have in a long time which seems to come after investigating instead of being too scared to try.
    Chickie

Been there done that

DON"T DO IT

God I wish that I had my stuff back from my last purge
    at least my pink jacket,LBD, make up, and favorite purse

I'm just glad I was smart enough to keep some of my stuff just in case..........

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    after telling my loved ones, never!

I go thur this so many times that after i dispose of my clothes, i have to go and buy again