Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My (First?) Bad CD Experience

Gold Member
    I think it is one of the measurements of society in how we treat our disadvantaged members. It sure shouldn't be to shuffle them off in the corner where no one has to deal with them. If we are suppose to be so sound of mind, do you think we might be able to manage to assess when someone says something that they just might not know better?

What this comes down to is tolerance for other people and who they are. Ring any bells?

Von - You did just fine.
    Last edited by PretzelGirl; 05-28-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Von, I am not as new as you to this but I am far from a veteran. One thing I have done that makes things a little easier for me is I kinda roleplay. What if somebody says this about that or that about this. I am pretty comfortable with how I will respond and my responses range from humor to insult depending on how a question might be delivered.

I bought my first batch of make up at a discount store and had a lady behind me ask "Is that for you?" with a big smile on her face. I replied (with my pre-planned response) no, this is for my little niece, she got in her mom's make up and got in trouble. The lady said, well how old is she? That caught me off guard so I said dunno 10 or 12 I think.
    Then the lady reaches down and takes the lipstick off the check out counter and says "well go over there and get her some lip gloss for gods sake! You don't want her to look like a ****! I busted out laughing and did as I was told.
    I guess the moral to the story is don't take things too serious.