Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those who are out? Any regrets?

Out-Yes to afew

Regrets-some but not to many

wish i had come out younger/ earlier to family, maybe they would have been less shocked by the news.
    [SIZE=4]:GE: CROSS MY PALM WITH GOLD, CAUSE SILVER'S CHEAP[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6]EMELDA[/SIZE]
    My picture thread http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28557

Vallari (Goddess) ;)
    When I came out, it wasn't really optional for me at the moment - my parent's confronted me about an account I had on a gay internet site, with a pic of Val right there on the screen. At first things were really rough going between us all and I questioned wheather being out was such a good idea, but now it's been about a year or so and it feels great. The subject of my CD'ing is pretty cold between my parents and I, but with me and my friends it's awesome. All in all, it's worth it to come out I think - life is better and easier because of it.

The only person who personally knows me that knows I am out is my g/f, and her knowing is honestly probably one of the best things in life. Having held up this feeling as long as I could remember, and now being able to share it with someone is amazing. Not only that, but I get to go out dressed with her all the time.

In all honesty I think my parents and grandparents know too, but I have one of those dont ask dont tell families. I know they would never think less of me if they did know, but I wouldnt feel comfortable around them dressed, and there is no other reason for them to know.

I do know this, and if you have read some of my other threads maybe you have caught the excitement in my typing...but going out and about in public, functioning like a reqular young woman is a feeling that I can not describe, but its way beyond awesome for me. My only regret is that I didnt meet my wonderful g/f earlier in life, but I do believe everything happens for a reason.

Been great... a long time dream came true too if ya know what i mean... The only down side I guess is the lack of the extreme thrill of being caught. You know that electric thrill that no longer is there, its not the same when your wife comes home from work and says oh honey you look nice today... you got dressed up.

No Heel is Too High.... When it's Pointed at the Ceiling

Those who are out , any regrets

[size=3]No I don't regret being out, even though not to everyone I know.

Yes I certainly regret waiting as long as I did to get out in public, it's one of my greatest joys.

Yes I regret not telling my wife sooner, the constant hiding and making lies was a stess and burden way to heavy to have carried any longer.

I still believe that:

"You tell nobody that doesn't need to know, unless you have something to gain and it's neither a selfish nor narcistic rationale"
    [/size]
    [SIZE=2]"Une Femme sans bas, c'est comme une rose sans parfum.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]( A woman without stockings is like a rose without fragrance.)"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"Don't hate me for being beautiful, hate your boyfriend for thinking I am"[/SIZE]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotlegsottawa/

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by heathr1
    Or was it the best thing you did?
    Most definitely yes!

regretting the precious time wasted beating my brains out!

Oh for an old head on a young body!

Love Angela XX
    Last edited by Angela Burke; 09-01-2005 at 12:57 PM.

i have told my wife - my marriage is not pretty much blown up...we are still together but i'm not confident...she finds x-dressing gross and disgusting...blah blah blah..we have other issues too but the x-dressing came out in an attempt to get it ALL out on the table..

what is interesting is in telling my mom about our marriage issues..i told her about x-dressing....WOW!!! it just came out...she said she knew!!!! and whats the big deal...
    i cannot tell you how much lighter in my heart that made me feel...she told my DAD!!! and he just said dont worry about it and said he hopes i can work things out with my wife and he's there anytime he needs me...i'm almost crying as i write this...

the thing is my parents are great and handled it wonderfully...coming out brings NO PROMISES!!! but if you can find some people to talk to about it (i didnt for 42 yrs) its amazing how great it feels..

good luck and god bless to any of you that are thinking of or in the midst of telling your loved ones.. btw...im not telling my brother or my friends..just don't want (need?) to at this time

-michele

The only reget I have is that I didn't do it sooner and didn't get serious about dressing younger!!

Karren