Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your first expierence with crossdressing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Self starter or introduced?

I'm just wondering if anyone else started because of someone else's influence? A friend, family member, etc.

I started all on my own. I don't know why I started, and don't even care.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Well...
    I have to say my sister forced me to wear one of her night gown when i was 8 for a game. I hated it! lol.

Funny to see a few years after, after another dispute with my sister, I sneaked secretly in her room as a vengeance and wore a nice outfit and surprisingly i found it rather cool and I got troubled.
    That's how it all begun.

So i'd say it went by myself but indirectly in reaction to my sister who annoyed me at the time as well.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I was a self starter, at 5, then the workd by 8.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Self starter at about 4 years old.

wel i think i started with a game,at night when i was young. MY brother, and my 2 sisters and i were playing in my sisters room. And out of nowhere, my brother forced me to slip on a nightgown of my sister's. they thought it was funny...i didnt. BUt after that, i was naturally drawn back to my sisters clothes.....especially that night, when i slipped into her room to try on that gown again. And of course i was caught! All i could say was "my brother forced me too."

Playboy girl at heart Bunny Girl Zoe's Avatar
    Started myself guess feeling was allways there deep inside till one day it surfaced.

I started wearing my sisters leotards when I was about 5 all on my own. I had no idea why other than it made me feel good.
    Last edited by NikiMichelle; 02-07-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Started by myself without any encouragement/provocation.
    Don't know why I did it.
    Probably started as the curiousity of youth, but couldn't say 100%... It's easy enough to forget exact feelings in after 15 years. I guess I must have enjoyed it though or I wouldn't be here right now
    Samantha -x-

LIke Niki Michelle, I started with my sister's leotards and tights over some silky panties out of curiosity. I would guess the influence that started me off was when a girl in my class at age 9 wore her leotard to perform a dance for us. My thoughts drifted off to the times my sister and her neighborhood friend would play in house in their leotards and tights and the girls in her dance class, making me curious of how it would feel to be dressed in them myself. I was so titillated at the silky all over squeeze on me in a leotard over tights, seeing a leotarded me in the mirror as I minced about the house home alone dressed, even the anticipation of slipping them on, that I have been hooked ever since.

I accept full respnsibility for my present state of gender confusion!!
    I would like to blame someone else, but I can't....This is all of my own doing!!

I've always been a self starter and this is no exception.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalove View Post
    Same here
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalove View Post
    Heh. Me too. Was in Mom's lingerie drawer one day and tried on some nylons. Haven't kicked it since although I tried a few times.

I was influenced...more than once!

On weekend moringings when I was about 6 my sister would dress me up in various feminine costumes and parade me in front of the whole family, Mom Dad and my other sister, to great laughs and jibes. I still have one picture of me in a hula outfit. I began to secretly wear my sisters and mothers clothing occasionally over the next 15 years or so. Nothing too serious or of any duration. After I became engaged to my first wife she said to me several times that I have the most beaitiful eyes and she would like to make them up. Well, after we were married for a year or so, she said it again and I said go ahead! And that is when Joanne emerged.
    It is hard work to be beautiful.

What we are given is our Fate...What we do with it is our Destiny!

Thank you for the responses

Thank you all for the many responses on this question.

Certainly many here are self-starters, with triggers early in life also being important.
    Last edited by Nigella; 04-10-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Read the forum rules re right of content

Freddy

Aspiring Member

Oh, "we" are very consistent. For good reasons.

**I think it is interesting how it's OK for females to wear masculine clothes, but not so much the other way around. If an aunt were to dress a girl in boy clothes, there would be no problem, but have that aunt dress a boy in girl's clothes, and there is a problem. We're not very consistent, are we?

Well, I think the FTM crossdressers might have a few things to say about there being "no problems" with a female being dressed or dressing as a male...

And, I don't need to say much about uncles dressing nieces - of any age - as boys, do I?

But more to the typical MTF situation, "we," may be very consistent - if all of society is counted as the we...

On the face of it, MTF crossdressing is humorous/baffling/worring - as when a child/boy/man (repeatedly) trades a dime for a nickel and winds up worse off for the exchange.

A male, with all the extra pay and perks that comes with being a male, and none of the monthly downsides or high daily upkeep of being a female, seems to be trading the dime for a nickel in life.

This is a problem when you see your child/husband/boyfriend/coworker/buddy taking what seems to be the sorrier deal in life. You only have so many "for sure" people in your life and seeing one of those "somehow" diminished is a loss to you personally and something to attempt to "fix."

Nope. Pretty consistent when you think about.

And, for some good reasons. Many of them very reasonable reasons...

"It's not us - it's you."

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Partially on my own plus I was the child who had to do the fitting for hems on my cousins dresses. Also when my mom would shop she would say things like "I wish you were a girls! the selection is much prettier" so those two events began who I am.

In a nutshell it was via my mother, grandmother and for them it was not intentional all the events started the trigger in me which has been going on since age 5.

I am quite sure that the urge to dress was always in me, but I am certainly aware of some "triggers" early in my life that got me started actually doing it. Mainly this was seeing my mother and her friends all dressed up for special occasions -- I was fascinated by their clothes, shoes, jewelry, hair and makeup. My mom, who really expected a girl and was rather surprised when I popped out, enabled my fascination with the feminine to some extent -- she would put lipstick and nail polish on me from time to time, let me get my ears pierced, and bought me my first pair of heels -- but I don't think any of this would have "taken" if I hadn't had an underlying predilection toward transgenderism.

- Diane

Being the only child in the family--read: rotten spoiled brat--I was a self starter.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Introduced

An older neighborhood girl I played with alot was really fascinated with dressing boys as girls, and I was her guinea pig. At first I resisted it. But I'd always had a fascination with costumes, and something clicked. She was 11, I was 7 or 8 when it started.

A majority of my best friends were girls, and I was not into sports at all, or rough-and-tumble play.

So I was not a self-starter, but I became highly motivated, dressing completely w/makeup by age 11 or so (oh to be size 4 again ). I was never focused on a particular article of clothing, but the complete presentation.

-- Diane

My mother used me to make clothes for someone less needy. I hated it then but started dressing about 2 years later. I don't think that 's what started it, but who knows what goes on in an 8yr olds mind.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better

I started on my own. Tried to supress it for many years, but now it's a integral part of who I am as a person.

When I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade, I apparently ran out of clean underwear for school one day, and my mom had me wear a pair of my sisters panties.

During the day I noticed a certain level of arousal, or, what ever passed for arousal in a little kid. As I look back, it seems a pretty obvious classical conditioning sequence. In any case, as I matured the conditioned response to silky underwear flourished.

I suspect there is a similar conditioning sequence at the root of most transvestic fetishes.
    Last edited by VtVicky; 02-09-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: typo

I doed all by myself ! e
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud