Thread: A Dream Come True

A Dream Come True

Tonight a dream come true for me when I got to go out in public just like any other girl. I hadn't planned for it but when I got home from work I had a shower, shaved and got ready to dress em femme at home. My wife had been working and said she wanted to sleep for a few hours so I said I would go for a little drive while en femme. I really wanted to take a bigger step out in public than I did last time so I went for a drive to find a supermarket.

When I found a supermarket that I knew that no one I knew went to I pulled into it. My heart was pounding with excitement but I also felt really bold. Without hesitating I began to walk through the car park to the supermarket. I must have walk pass a few people but no one said a word and this just made me even more confident. So I began to walk into the supermarket, the lights shinning but still no one look at me any differently than they would if I was in drab. I felt so confident and just like any other girl doing the shopping. A few girls and women that walked pass me looked but continue walking by without raising an eyebrow like they would look at any girl. I didnt buy anything but it was the greats feeling being seen as just another girl in the crowd. I am feeling so happy, this is really a dream come true.

Maybe next I can spend all day with my wife shopping and having a girls day out.......can't wait
    Last edited by Miley; 06-01-2010 at 05:15 AM.

Good job! The more you get out, the more comfortable you'll be going out. My first times took an awful lot, and even now I get really nervous before getting out the car. But once that first store is out of the way, it only gets easier.

Hi Miley
    Congratulations !
    There will be no stopping you now !!
    Have fun.
    Tomara

Way to go girl. We need to get out as much as we can, to show the world that we are normal people too. Being a girl is soooooo much fun.
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Sounds like a great outing It does get easier as you get out.

Way to go girl. I know just what you were feeling and what a high it is to have done it.

Keep it up.

Reading you story brought a moment in my past back. I use to drive 10 miles to another walmart instead of shoppng at the one in my neighborhood because I didn't want to be recognized. I was teased by a cd'ing friend that I wouldn't go in there and I still haven't. There is a grocery store near the house that I wouldn't go into either. Finally one day I did start to shop there and nobody recognized me. I do most of my shopping in this grocery store in drab, but nobody has made the connection to me.
    Michelle

Way to go Miley. Bet you'll get out more now hun.
    Angie

Thanks all for all the encouragement. Since being a part of this wonderful family I have had more confidence than ever before and started to really be free and be the girl that I love to be.

What! no pitchforks or torches? That is sooo cool, keep it up! It gets even better.

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    What! no pitchforks or torches? That is sooo cool, keep it up! It gets even better.

Kel
    I know....For so many years I though if I went out everyone would look at me like I had no clothes on, or a big neon sign saying "I am a guy"....lol. I am really starting to experience what many have said how they shouldnt have spent all their time in fear and just enjoyed themselves. So Thats what I am going to do....enjoy being Miley

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Miley, I'm so glad that you took a very important step. No, not going out dressed. The most important thing you did was realize that no matter how you're dressed, the majority of people don't really care. That realization opens up so many fun experiences that you will have in your life. Grab them! Treasure them! enjoy them!

Kathi

Miley, Congratulations!
    I agree with Kathi "The most important thing you did was realize that no matter how you're dressed, the majority of people don't really care."

I have been en femme in grocery stores, delis, bookstores, gas stations, etc., and even imperfect me hardly gets noticed.....maybe because I'm 5'6", I don't know. Even if I'm in Macy's I still get treated well....so far nothing bad has happened. It's always terrifying and fun to keep pushing the envelope, not so much for the sake of pushing the envelope, but just going out where you want to or need to.
    So far the majority of people seem too preoccupied with themselves to even notice.

Each step on this journey is an important one, and should be celebrated! As you get more comfortable with the fact that others don't care, you will get more bold.

Congratulations! Take that next step soon!

Freddy