Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picked the day...

Update:

I had a short informal meeting with the company owner this morning. He was not negative, but asked for time to process the news and discuss it wth the general manager. He called me this afternoon, I am to meet with him and the GM tomorrow at the main office.

Send prayers and happy thoughts my way.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    I hope it all goes well *hugs*.

Mariah
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

Aspiring Member
    Good luck for tomorrow!

Aspiring Member
    good luck, I hope it goes well
    Needing to be the Real Me.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I hope that your meeting goes very well !!

There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

GypsyKaren
    Faith, you've always commanded my respect for the way you handle things, this is no different and I'll be wishing good things for you.

Karen

All my best to you Faith. Expect great things to happen to you.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Faith,

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe some of my good karma will be sent your way too.

Veronica

Sending good vibes to you best of luck! Will keep you in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith_G View Post

Send prayers and happy thoughts my way.
    I don't pray (for rather obvious reasons) but I wish you all the good karma I can, Faith.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Thanks everyone!

The meeting went great! They had a few questions which I guess I answered to their satisfaction because the meeting turned into a planning session. We worked out the details on how and when to tell co-workers and customers. My first day of work as a woman will be July 12.

They told me several times how impressed they were by my courage and professionalism in handling the whole situation. I am just happy I work at a place where 11 years of good work means something. Good employees have been kicked to the curb over this stuff at other companies and I am grateful to be treated well.

I'll be making a drop-off at the Goodwill July 10.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Absolutely FABULOUS ![/SIZE]

I'm relived to hear it went well. Also it seems more and more HR folks are getting the right idea that this can be worked out without trouble. Of course, you're very right, that it is heart warming to find a business where they respect the years of work you have given them.

Congrats to YEW !!!

. . . now the hard part, waiting till July 12
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

[SIZE=4]YEA!!!!! I'm so happy for you Faith.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]As Charlene said now is the hard part...waiting for that day to come.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Well done you! Only 33 more days to go! Still, who's counting?
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

The former Melissa I Michelle I's Avatar
    Congratulations, glad the company cares about you.

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    YAY FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DANCES*

Mariah
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

Banned Read only
    I am glad to hear your meeting went well.

Now comes the fun part. WAITING for the date.

Faith, I wish you luck and will keep you in my prayers. Sounds like you are moving on irregardless of the outcome of your meeting. Good for you!!!!! Stay strong girl!

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar
    Wonderful news !

Thanks for sharing the continuing story of your gender journey !
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Hi Faith. I also want to congratulate you. You're and inspiration like the other girls that are transitioning and that share their stories on this forum.

Hugs,

Monica.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Faith
    So pleased for you that it went well
    now for the countdown
    Needing to be the Real Me.

Faith,

I am so thrilled to hear the wonderful news!! I know how frightening it is to do this and how exhilarating it is when they are supportive and understanding.

You have put a smile on my face that will last the entire day!!

Veronica

Yay! I'm so glad for you, Faith. Been there recently, and finally being able to ready your day, make that commute, and spend what is a huge amount of most of our lives as who you honestly are always, is, well, quite wonderful.

Congratulations on your strength and determination.

Hugs,

Melissa

Hi Faith
    I'm really happy for you and happy that you had such a positive meeting with your employer.
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that telling your coworkers and customers will be just as positive and seamless.
    Congratulations my friend !
    Tomara

Quote Originally Posted by Faith_G View Post
    I am just happy I work at a place where 11 years of good work means something. Good employees have been kicked to the curb over this stuff at other companies and I am grateful to be treated well.

I'll be making a drop-off at the Goodwill July 10.
    Faith, I am hoping the same for myself. I have been at my job for 13 years. Things are in flux at work toward getting a promotion. So, I believe they are happy with me. But, due to ex-wife and family matters I really really really need to keep this job. Moving elsewhere would be very difficult for mw and my kids and, in my heart, Yuma is my home. Additionally, I would have adifficult, if not impossible time finding other employment here with anything close to the same pay as I am making now.
    So, in coming out, it is very important that I am able to remain employed at my job. Since I am a federal employee (your tax-payer dollars at work. & thank you tax payers) there are policies and laws to support me. But, we all know the informal power management can exert.

Anyway, congradulations that so far coming out at work for you is going well. I hope that continues!!
    [SIZE="3"]Terri[/SIZE]
    ------------------------------------------
    [SIZE="2"]"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, The master calls a butterfly!"[/SIZE]

The true measure of a person is in the questions they ask, not the answers they give.