Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Picked the day...

That's awesome to hear, Faith.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I'm really pleased for you that it went so smoothly and isn't it wonderful that you can at last be your true self!
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Faith I am glad you event became a non-event. Congrats

How did it go. You are so brave.A lot of us are just trying to get the courage just to go out.I hope it turned out good for you.

Wow, I just read the post now and went through all emotions associated with the reveal. I must say your choice of your name couldn't fit you better. Courage, strength and your belief that everything is going to be OK which ever way it actually turns out gives me strength to believe the same. Such is the wisdom of life and you definitely posses it. Now there is just you, real you, the most wonderful gift we can cherish. Love you babe, Alexia.

Faith,

I am thrilled at the non-event!! I know how wonderful it is to go to work and be able to "just do your job" as yourself!!

Soon, I suspect it will be a ong forgotten memory by everyone except you.

Veronica

Gold Member
    Faith, I am so glad you are had a wonderful first day!

Oh, and can I offer you a match for the bonfire?

Congratulations

Thanks everyone! And I get to do it again tomorrow - that is the best part. I never have to "man up" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Oh, and can I offer you a match for the bonfire?
    I think the East Earl Goodwill would be upset if I burned them now, and anyway I'd have to find them first.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Quote Originally Posted by My sister Lilli
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    YAY FAITH! ^.^

Mariah
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

You are so right Faith. God is good, just have faith.

I'm so happy to hear it was a non-event. Welcome to the first day your new life.

I'm willing to bet if you look back at everything that's happened in your life for no discernible reason, you'll see how His hand was guiding you to get you to where you are today, and it's better to know He'll continue to be with you and guide you tomorrow.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Yippee!!! Congrats Faith

The day finally arrived and the Earth still spins! I'm happy beyond happy that you are on your way to finally being who you are, Faith, and that it is going well.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Picked the day

I think that's great good luck in your new life,I have been liveing full time as jenna for almost a year now, and got rid of my man things just a while ago, its a big stepe I think, good luck again, I hope you let us know how things go for you hun,

Hi Faith
    I am so glad that your fist day went so smoothly and seamless and so happy for you too , now you can enjoy being YOU ! and not that someone you want to be.
    Tomara

Hi, Faith. I've seen your signature on a number of other forum threads, which made me aware, over this past month, that you had a special day coming up. But this is the first time I'm reading through this thread. Like the others here, I just wanted to extend my feelings of happiness for you, and my wishes that you continue to be blessed with support from all who cross your path.
    Wendy

Day 2...

Day two went about the same as day one. No bad stuff happened at customer sites, everyone was polite. They don't interact with me i the same as they used to, but I'd be a little disappointed if they did treat me the same as before. I don't want them to treat me as a man anymore.

My old co-workers were polarized - the women all hugged me and told me how happy they were for me. The guys were awkward and quiet with one exception. The exception was one I did not expect, but he was awesome. I was rolling out of the yard as he was coming in, and he jumped out of his truck and came running over to my window. He told me how great it was that I was doing this, and that he was glad I was doing what made me feel right. He said "Wow, you look totally different!" and that earned him a few points too...

I am humbled by the way God is blessing my transition. I know so many people whose lives have been completely torn apart by transition, and I am waltzing through almost completely untouched. God is so good!

Further daily updates will probably be more of the same and I'm afraid y'all will get bored. I'll check in about a month from now.
    "Impossible" is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try. Kutless - What Faith Can Do
    Yes, your happy shows - you practically have unicorns and starbursts flying out of you.
    Physically female!

Great news Faith. I'm happy to hear your dreams are coming true.
    -Stephani

Faith,

It is amazing that we both had a similar experience. The guys were awkward and women all hugged me!! Even when the last meeting to tell everyone ended, the guys took off like bees, and all the women hung around to talk a bit before we slowly move out of the room!

I am so happy that things have gone so well Faith!

Veronica

Ace Aerial Fiery Flier fireflyespiritus's Avatar
    It sounds like your experience has been going extremely well, I wish you the best ^-^

That's great to hear Faith. I'm not surprised at the difference between the women's and men's responses, it was very similar for me too.

One word of warning. Now that this is behind you don't be surprised if you very quickly find yourself just living. In my opinion, that's a great place to be.

Congratulations again Faith.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica_Jean View Post
    It is amazing that we both had a similar experience. The guys were awkward and women all hugged me!!
    I had an epiphany last week on why this is so. Good people try to empathize with us when they hear what we are going through. For women, this approach works very well. They imagine how they would feel if they woke up with a penis, no breasts, and covered in body hair. And they have pretty much the same reaction we do. Guys also try to put themselves in our shoes, but then everything goes wrong. They are comfortable in their bodies, and the thought of modifying the rod & tackle just makes them feel queasy. It's almost impossible for a cisguy to empathize with a trans woman. But if you explain to them that there is such a thing as an FtM TS, and then ask them to empathize with that situation, things work much better. They find the idea of waking up with no penis, weak muscles, and a high voice abhorrent and they catch on quickly.
    Physically female!

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar

Attagirl !!!

I had no doubt that your transition at work would start smoothly.

It's great that the women are in your corner and that you've already got the support of the owner and one male peer. I bet the rest of the guys will soon realize this is a non-event as far as they are concerned.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Quote Originally Posted by Faith_G View Post
    My old co-workers were polarized - the women all hugged me and told me how happy they were for me. The guys were awkward and quiet with one exception.
    For me that reaction was pretty much universal. I think it is because men and women look at opposite sides of the coin. The men listen and then just do not understand why anyone would want to leave the fraternity. To give up all the aspects of manliness is to become less of a person in their eyes. Women on the other hand are congratulatory in welcoming you to the sorority. I did not have a single guy tell me that he was happy for me in having a life changing event that was going to make me a complete person finally.

Smile Another Update

Today I finally got to visit a new customer. It was great! They were getting three forklift tanks that weigh 72 lbs each. I picked up two (one in each hand makes for a balanced load) and carried them the 10 feet to the storage area. While I was doing that, the customer grabbed the last one. I guess he wasn't ready for how heavy they are, I must have made it look too easy. He said "Wow, you are a strong woman!" I said "This job builds your muscles!" and made a muscle for him, he thought that was funny.

So week two is off to a good start. It seems like everything is going to work out just fine. I guess transitioning on the job as a welding supply delivery driver was one of those crazy ideas that that was just crazy enough to work.
    Last edited by Faith_G; 07-26-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    Physically female!

Let me get this straight.. a new customer called you a strong woman, and you say you didn't smile like the Cheshire cat the rest of the day? It sounds to me like you're off to more than a good start. Congratulations Miss Faith.