Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going out in safe clothes

Lightbulb Cheryl has her Chic - Style

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl James View Post
    For the past two weeks I have, except for a couple of hours in two instances, worn only female clothing. I have always worn a bra, sometimes with my enhancers, sometimes without. I have been tucked and worn panties. My nails, toes and fingers, have been done in an opaque pink color that a woman might notice but men wouldn't. I have, typically, worn women's dressy flop-flop style sandals. If I am not wearing a wig and full make-up, I have worn women's shorts, jeans, or capri's and a woman's tee shirt. Even though I am an A cup, it is a little too obvious, so I have worn a man's dress shirt over the tee but have left it unbuttoned and the wind does blow once-in-awhile. I have always worn some make-up and women's sunglasses. Though,dressed in that manner, I have not been mistaken as a woman, I know what I am wearing and I feel good about myself. The one giveaway, I think, has been the nails and shoes.

If I wear a wig and full make-up, I feel more feminine, but probably do not pass if I am up close to someone. In either situation I am aware of what I am wearing and I feel good in both cases.

So, if you have a choice, feel good.
    It is so great to hear that you are feeling comfortable
    going out part- or full-throttle like this.
    i daresay this may be affecting the subconscious:
    emboldening me to make my own daring forays.
    Insofar as being Noticed, do you find that the younger
    women & h.s. girls will give you a wink & a smile for your efforts?
    And how does that make you feel__energized for the day?!
    [Older women give me this tired look of, "You want to be
    dragged down like we are so life-sentenced to??"]

Keep up the chic work. Watch how this goes more & more
    mainstream for the 'anything-goes' 21c.

I go out frequently wearing pants. I always look femme with nice ,make-up, wig, and now that summer is here a pair of sandles with painted toenails.
    Lisa

I am perfectly happy to wear semi tight female jeans and top along with female sneakers. So when going from male mode to female mode if jeans are what I want to wear all I do is change my hair style and dab on eye makeup for things like shopping. To be honest the more you do it the easier it gets. Of course I do not consider myself a crossdresser so putting on the most female outfit is not my thing.
    SRS January 27

ooooo yes as much as i can usually jeggings uggs
    and a dress top that passes as a t shirt with some hot lace panties and bra never get a second look, however had the laugh of my life when me and my gf went on a short holl wich involved a long drive so i had on my over the knee boots leggings and a long fitted white dress with a cute dress printed on front, bra and nicks no makeup or wig so i got brave and pulled over on the motorway and pretended to fix the bonet on the car and a farmer in a tractor in opposing lane was gobsmaked haha

I wear ladies jeans, tops and my white keds. I have done the bra and panties thing. Changing in the mens locker room at work is interesting to say the least. lol.
    Just wearing what's comfortable!

I went out yesterday afternoon with my wife, Katherine, dressed in capris, a simple short sleeve top, and a first for me flip-flops. We went to a wig shop downtown, where I did purchase a great wig that I am excited about wearing out tonight. Then we also went to dinner at a restaurant downtown. I did feel like I blended well, which made me feel comfortable, in a way more lady like, and enabled me to enjoy myself more. Katherine and I both had a great time.

Like to be fem and passable as much as possible but do bike now in shorts and sports bra with b cups and wear a cap and big sunglasses and no one seems to stare on venice beach here

Thanks to everyone for your feedback!

I now routinely wear panties, thigh highs, slip, and women's pull-on pants everwhere and wirh my wife in public and at home. When she's away, I usually wear one of her B cup bras. They are OK for underdressing, albeit I am am A. I am now very comfortable wearing women's clothes, and don't worry anout being "caught", although that might happen if I forget to remove her bra, or I have to go to rhe ER.

Platinum Member
    If I'm going out on errands I sometimes wear a VS tank top and linen beach pants, with my panties underneath and moderate heel sandals. I certainly don't look fem in these but I know I'm wearing nothing but women's colothing...its sort of hiding in plain site.

Quote Originally Posted by abigail43 View Post
    no because it is all about wearing dresses/skirts with pantyhose seriously i won't get dressed if i can't look like who i want abigail to look like the whole x dressing for me is all about glamor and feeling glamorous so i don't like wearing shots and a t i can do that any time as my man self
    ditto!

go try on a pair of levi 512 boot cut jeans,, they are female jeans but bet you will but them as they look male,, spandex and all,,, fun to wear and no one knows any better
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

I just bought two pairs of women's jeans (skinny no less) and wear those out all the time. I do wear camis and a shirt overtop. Of course I always wear panties and a bra except to work.

I wear women's jeans to work everyday, no problems. Wear them, and capris or (short) shorts all the time actually. Not overly fem looking, but still no bad reactions other than a long look once in a while. I love the attention! I always have on bra and panties of course. I like to push the envelope and see how much you can get away with and it amazes me sometimes. People just don't care and are in their own little world.

Heather

Silver Member
    I wear tops and jeans/pants or shorts most of the time. I also wear a bra under my tops. Having a good b/c projection, I'm amazed how seldom it is noticed even when buying women's clothes.

I've realised that the women who stick out most when you are out and about are those that are "dressed up". For example where I work I saw a woman in a nice dress, heels, tights, hair done nicely and face made up. Fair play maybe but not a sensible outfit for a day at a theme park!!

As I've got older I find that my dressing habits are more laid back and casual and less over the top. I think as we start to explore our feelings we picture ourselves as a red hot diva 24/7. In reality this does not happen as it is impractical to dress like that for everyday.

Don't get me wrong, my greatest thrills and fantasies are to be that diva but I have to accept there is no way I could ever pass properly. I stand a better chance of passing by blending in and not attracting attention, so a more casual and relaxed look would be more successful.
    Adele. xxx

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adele View Post
    I stand a better chance of passing by blending in and not attracting attention, so a more casual and relaxed look would be more successful.
    Skirts can be pretty casual, and much easier to put on than skinny jeans, so current trends cannot really be explained in those terms.

Anyhow, the problem I have with dressing "casual and relaxed look" is that no-one notices.

Yup, that is a paradox of cross-dressing: we often want to blend in and "not attract attention" as a female -- but in order for people to perceive us as female, we have to dress to give off sufficiently strong signals that people notice us and use the clothing cues to override the masculine cues. We have to attract attention in order to "not attract attention" in the manner we want.

I wear female clothes except when I'm going to be working in dirt, but when I dress "casual" in the sense of the above (pants or jeans and a simple top), people see the cues of my height and my facial structure and "read" me as male very quickly, even with my long hair and even when I'm wearing D-ish forms. I have to wear clothes that are more obviously femme in order to average out to transgender (no-one has figured out yet how to make me look female...)

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Skirts can be pretty casual, and much easier to put on than skinny jeans, so current trends cannot really be explained in those terms.
    Discoved while putting on a garter belt with a skirt that it is much easier to put on a one holer (skirt) than a two holer (pants). but I usually underdress so I need a long skirt, not overtly femme, that looks like pants en passant