Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you dress or go out when you travel on business?

Traveling on Plane

The problem these days is that if you carry on your bag on the plane to avoid the bag fee charges then there is a good chance the TSA will be gazing at your fem stuff. With metal clasps on garter belts that is an issue also. Thus, dressing en femme on business or travel does create some issues for me so I leave my stuff home regretably.

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Now here's a radical idea. Perhaps Alli could invite the SO along for a night out on the town in Atlanta. Sure it'll cost you an air fare, but hotels are paid for by the room not per person. So give her a wee holiday in Atlanta whilst you do your business stuff then have a girls night out. That way you get to go out and with the SO.

Hugs

Kay

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marthaCD View Post
    The problem these days is that if you carry on your bag on the plane to avoid the bag fee charges then there is a good chance the TSA will be gazing at your fem stuff. With metal clasps on garter belts that is an issue also. Thus, dressing en femme on business or travel does create some issues for me so I leave my stuff home regretably.

I disagree, there is no problem here what so ever. Many girls on this site fly and do not encounter issues. Further more some are so comfortable about it that despite their local airport TSA knowing what she really is, they (TSA) don't care and what's more, make her feel totally at ease.

Yes, I do dress more when I am traveling on business, if I have an opprotunity to do so. Going to start traveling quite a bit more later this year and I plan to take Sarah with me every chance I get.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

go out and have fun plan a trip just for you

Quote Originally Posted by kay_jessica View Post
    Now here's a radical idea. Perhaps Alli could invite the SO along for a night out on the town in Atlanta. Sure it'll cost you an air fare, but hotels are paid for by the room not per person. So give her a wee holiday in Atlanta whilst you do your business stuff then have a girls night out. That way you get to go out and with the SO.

Hugs

Kay
    Ooooohhh! The best suggestion yet, now if only you were going to Paris!
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

I always dress up and go out on business travels. no one knows who I am so I never have to worry about being seen by anyone I know

Since my son moved back home, that is the only chance I get to dress fully. He has a job now where he can pop in at any time. My wife does not want the kids to know, the therapist we saw agreed with her, so we still keep my secret from the kids. At home now I only get short periods where I can dress. I have to be able to change back in an instant so the Hair & Makeup is out.

I went out in on previous trips with no problems. She usually doesn't ask, but on my last trip she did, so I told her the truth; I wanted to go to one of the group outings near where I was traveling. She got extremely upset. She is afraid that something is going to happen to me. I tried to tell her the safest way is to go with a group but to no avail; She made me promise that I wouldn't go. I am trying hard to live within her limits, but I really need to get together with others like me. I really think it will help me understand myself better. And I am sure it would be a good time, much better than sitting in a hotel room alone.

I am looking forward to my next trip

when you are on the road and you have the time on your hands for entertainment, dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful...

Allie,
    Everyone else has given you great advise. All I can say is that if my wife was as supportive as yours is I wouldn't do ANYTHING that could ruin that relationship. What some of us would do to have the kind of support, even with it's limitations, that you have...
    Just think before you act, and don't let the pink fog rule you, or ruin you.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Travel

Hi Allie,
    Unfurtuately I am still traveling for a living so I understand your stiuation.
    I get very little tie to go out with the girls in Houston but get a fair amount of time for dressing while traveling.

As for taking things with you to wear I never travel without at least one outfit, i would hate to waste an opprotunity.

Hugs Phyliss

I travel 3 to 4 days out of most weeks and spend the majority of my time as Kim when I am not in front of the customer. It's a win-win. I get "me" time, and my wife doesn't worry about kids or neighbors seeing me.

I'll be up in New England, from my home in NJ going to a bunch of trans events, and in spite of my folks living up there, i don't think I can manage staying at their place and putting on makeup & a dress and going out. ...so I guess it's hotel rooms for me.

I agree with Kimberly. I travel 135 nights a year. I get my Jane time, Wife and kid are non issues, while I am not quite up to passable and going out out, I am more at ease with shoppingand such no one knows me from Adam, so what the heck.

Although I do not travel as much as Kim does, I always take Nicole with me when I do travel and as often as possible I travel as Nicole. I will just about always travel en fem when traveling by car and thanks to Kim's encouragement, have recently flown coast to coast and back as Nicole twice.

That being said, I would encourage you to discuss your needs and desires with your SO and explain just how important it is to you.

Not married here allie but have a friend in seattle that comes to LA on business all the time . She dresses in her hotel and we meet for drinks or dinner together. His wife does not know. Yet what is the harm if youre just going out innocently to be allie and not seeking sex?