Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why? What drives you to CD?

For me,it helps me see deeper inside myself,to areas I've hidden in the past.It opens up a part of me I don't have to fear any more,that in itself is liberating.Last I find it very interesting sharing it and being together with others who accept it.

Good question there.. What drives me to cross dress??: I have no clue to be honest. For me it all started when I was a little pup and escalated over the years.. Mostly I thought what women got to wear was so much cooler that what men wear... And by that I mean women can change the shade of their legs by wearing pantyhose or whatever.. Change their height by wearing heels.. Change their complete look by wearing makeup.. I liked high heels from way back before they ever fit my feet.. I was always hoping to get to wear what the girls were wearing back before I knew I wouldn't be allowed to..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I've wanted to crossdress since I was only 8 years old. I cannot say that it was sexual at first although it evolved into that later on in life.

I dress for stress relief, wanting to identify with women better. Never identified with men nearly as much. Also there is a certain rush or taboo in dressing too. Finally women's clothes by in large are just much softer have a nicer feel on the skin.

I crossdress for artistic expression. For me, it has nothing to do with gender or fetish.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

When this all started for me, back when I hit puberty, I must admit that is was totally sexual. But now 40 years later, There is no sexual feeling to it at all. Nwt it is a bit of an escape from the pressures of the real world for me. Just time to relax and enjoy the clothes that I prefer.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Well for me, it started sexual. but then I realized that I have exibited feminine traits for years. Now it is relaxation and stress relief. Nothing is better than after a hard day at work coming home and changing into a comfy skirt or lingerie.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    HI ILoveNancy...

Nice to read that you and your boyfriend wish to understand where his CD tendencies arise from. Might take some time but I think it's worth the effort While I am not one to draw long posts I cannot pinpoint how my dressing desires were born. I believe for the most part it went something like this.

My mother used to hang many of her dresses in the closet of the bedroom I shared with my brother as a child (ages 5-9) and my bed was beside the closet. At night I would reach in and could feel the softness and see these curious garments, so tall and large next to me. When my folks would be arguing - a regular occurrence - I would crawl up inside one of the satiny long dresses hanging there. A child's sense of protection from his mother? Perhaps.

By the time I was a teen we had moved and I had my own room. With puberty and hormones in full swing I developed a healthy appreciation for seeing women in lingerie. It was never seeing nude women per se as I felt in generic terms that if you've seen one naked woman you pretty much know what they look like (the words of a 15 year old.) So I think like many boys and men I just loved to see a woman in such colourful, lacey and soft things as there was much more left to the imagination.

Being a social wallflower as a kid and teen I thought I would never be able to maintain a healthy relationship with a girl so I decided to wear the lingerie myself. The years passed and I became more socially adept yet I was hooked on wearing lingerie and had started to wear the odd bluse and skirt in private. I continued anyway and my collection slowly grew over the years. I eventually met my wife-to-be; I told her after two weeks of dating about my dressing. She generally has accepted it and all is well after 16 years together, 11 of which we have been married.

At age 40 my dressing, while it does have sexual components, I now consider as a hobby. I dress to feel comfort. I dress because I like to wear silks and satins and nylon, because I enjoy wearing the lace and sweet colours as much as I like to see my wife wearing them. Why can I not enjoy the same opportunities to feel at ease wearing such things as she?

This little part is hard to convey very well. I also like to be in control of my own person, my own situation, but not necessarily in control of others. I drive a small car that I feel snug in, nothing loose nor weak. I generally do not wear sandals as they feel loose but prefer shoes that tie so they become one with my feet. Things in order and in check make me feel calm. In dressing I appreciate the "constriction" of a bra, a garter belt, heels that have ankle straps, blouses that button up to the chin and my conservative nature appreciates being fully covered as best I can. I think this feeds my need for control of my personal space.

I have no desire to be a woman (although have wondered a couple of times in my life) and do not try to pass, wearing no make up, wigs, jewellery, polish, etc (okay, I have wondered what shaving my legs might be like and I do tend to wear forms to fill the clothing out accordingly.)

Even though it sounds a bit mixed up I simply enjoy being a heterosexual man who likes to wear lingerie and dresses when I can. Hope that this summary offers some of what you seek.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Veronica Lacey; 06-12-2010 at 12:32 PM.