Thread: The simplest of pleasures

The simplest of pleasures

For over 2 years now I have shaved my whole body and I have always enjoyed the feel of smooth legs. I haven't worn shorts during that time due to issues with my wife letting everyone know I shave my legs. Like it is some kind of sin. I wore shorts for the first time the other day in 2 years and I was totally disgusted. I tan so dark that I could be mistaken for a Mexican or Middle Eastern. There i was with tan arms and white bird legs.

So the other day I bought some spray on tan and began using it. That takes shaved legs to a whole new level. Now I don't so self-conscienous about wearing shorts.
    Michelle

Platinum Member
    Being Scandinavian, I am accustomed to being very white most of the time and having to be very careful in the sun. Needless to say, I'm jealous!

I have shaved my legs, etc, for 10 years + now. Unlike your wife, mineis fine with it - likes my legs smooth - and nobody else ever seems to notice.

I recently started shaving my legs. My GF loves it. Nobody ever notices when i wear shorts. On the off chance they did and said something about it i would simply tell them that i just prefer them shaved. That u would think would be the end of that conversation cause most people are not going to question a personal choice as long as you are confident about it.
    Being dressed up is much better if you have someone else to admire and enjoy it with you.

------------------------------------------------------
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
    - Alice Kingsley

My wife was worried at first, but once she noticed that no one else paid any attention, she became relaxed about it.

Go somewhere with her where nobody knows you, and show her that no one cares.

Heck, we even spent a week on vacation with family and friends for my daughters wedding. Much of it relaxing at the pool. No comments from anyone regarding my legs, or underarms.

Note that I used Jergens Natural Glow for a nice light tan look.
    DonnaT

Congratulations Michelle, sometimes it's the simplest of pleasures that make us happiest

I shave my legs for quite some time now and the other day I was in the walmart and needed to try on some cargo pants.. I went to the changing room and tried them on.. And they fit fine, but between trying them on and all I looked at my legs, and I haven't worn shorts since I was in highschool and (many years ago) so I was more than a little worried that the store was glowing lighter there in that section while my legs were showing.. Oh my they be white.. In the dictionary for white there's a picture of my legs and the caption "caution, may induce temporary blindness"..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Smile

shaving is nice but how about the taste of lipstick,(even a gloss coat) or the feel of painted nails.

ah the simple things in life.

Tan pantyhose could even out your pigmentation. Wera hose untill your legs ceach up to your arms

I have been shaving my whole body for many years, it is the best feeling, having a smooth hairless body. I shave twice on sunday, its my only day off. I have been using the fusion blades and they will last about 5 to 7 days.I sometimes wear shorts and nobody has said anything.Have a fem day.

I've gotten so I can't stand having body hair any more. I use an epilator to keep the hair off. I really like the feeling of smooth, hairless skin. Much more feminine that way!

The avvy pic isn't me
    Hope you found a good spray tan product Michelle, those i tried a few years ago, gave me that awful orange look. I see it all the time on men and women, sticks out even from a distance.

I've seen many posts here and elsewhere, about growing the leg hair back in the summer time for fear of being spotted. Soooo doesn't happen, i mean ok, there are some women out there who check out guys legs, but most ppl never look down there anyways. I've been clean shaven for 7 or 8 yrs now and not a peep or a second look. mj (Cassie)

I have been using an epilator for about a month or so - and love the way I look after. My next step is to have my back waxed . I have not had anyone say anything about my hairless legs. I am now at the point that I can't stand body hair.
    Lip "prints" on my coffie cup, the feeling of putting on my face, and seeing Karin looking back in the mirror .
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Almost no one will notice your shaved legs. There are GM's who have very little body hair, and that is not abnormal. As others here have mentioned, shaved legs, even on a GM get virtually no notice, and absolutely no comments.

The lower part of my right leg has had no hair for years. It just stopped growing. No one has ever commented, except my wife once, and she knew that I was not shaving. She just said that it was unusual.

Wear those shorts!

Freddy

Hiya Michelle…

Bicyclists shave their legs.
    Swimmers shave their legs.
    Wrestlers shave their legs.
    Weight lifters shave their legs.
    (some) tennis players shave their legs (reduces heat) (I am one of them)
    (many) martial artists shave their legs (I am one of them)
    (some) male models shave their legs
    (some) gigolos shave their legs (ok, sometimes I wish I was one, lol)
    some people found it completely eliminates excess body heat problems (like me)

I started shaving my legs (and whole body) in 95’ as another experiment because I was always “hot” when everyone else was “comfortable”. It changed my life (comfort wise). Although I was not hairy to begin with, shaving all of my “fine” leg hair changed my body temperature regulation. (go figure) My problem of profuse “sweating” in dark suits and regular long pants completely disappeared! Something I wrestled with my entire life! Weird, but true.

Public reaction? I had a carload of teenage girls whistle at me from their car as they passed me when I was riding my bike one time. A guy friend asked me about it once. I told him I do it for heat control for tennis/martial arts. That was the end of the questions. I get some “nice legs” comments during the summer. In my experience, chicks that say they don’t like smooth legs during sex…are lying…lol.

I will say this…having tan legs makes a big difference in how much your legs “stick out” in public (like in a check out line). Tan is good, pale is …well…more “noticeable”.

And of course, I prefer pictures of shaved legs in CFM pumps to a big fat hairy leg in pantyhose stuffed into a high heel any day. But hey, that is just me, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    And of course, I prefer pictures of shaved legs in CFM pumps to a big fat hairy leg in pantyhose stuffed into a high heel any day.
    What are you, some kind of weirdo???

Totally agree re the hairless legs. I like them on men and never made any connection with CD. As said above, many people have little or no hair and many remove it for various reasons.

Not something almost anybody should really worry about.

The simplest of pleasures

that's great, I have shaved my legs for at least 10 years, and no one ever has said anything wen I was in man mode in shorts, my legs are nice and taned,

Breaking Away

All this shaving talk reminds me a great movie, "Breaking Away"...

To this point, I have never shaved my legs. However, I am essentially hairless already. Always have been, to the point that women I work with have asked if I shaved my legs. Girlfriends have commented on my hairless arms and tiny, delicate wrists. Despite my ridiculously tiny wrists (which are very cool now, I realize), I have played lots of sports which require strong wrists and have excelled at several, beating out thick-wristed jockos on a regular basis. I have dark hair, at least before it grayed, yet the tiny bit of hair I have on my legs and arms is blonde and practically invisible.

Simple pleasures...dressing up, surfing the net (mainly forums...been doing them every day since I got on the net in 1996...this one is very nice)...walking my dogs...reading...yoga...

Smile

I have enjoyed shaving my legs and arms for quite some time now. I agree with many of the reasons given here, but one more would be if you have dry skin in the winter months as I do here, it is much nicer to apply lotion to smooth skin. This gives me a reason to give if someone would ask why but no one ever has.

I have shaved my whole body for a nuber of years. I can get away with using a Fusion razor once a week. I use Olay body wash to keep my skin soft and smooth

I have kept my legs shaved for over 3 years now and no one has said a thing. My wife accepts it and being from S. Calif. I wear shorts all the time and play golf in them several times a week. Not a problem and males with shaved legs is very common these days. I also keep the rest of my body shaved, including my arms. No one cares.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Yep I shave my body all the time. It's hard doing the back, I've had success w/ Nair but really hate using it. Hate to break the mood, but I'll ask: what do you folks do to have a hairless back? I'm naturally quite hairy and it grows back too quickly for me. ... having my wife wax or shave it is out of the question, she just won't do it, so I have no help. Anyone? Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Marie View Post
    what do you folks do to have a hairless back? I'm naturally quite hairy and it grows back too quickly for me. ... having my wife wax or shave it is out of the question, she just won't do it, so I have no help. Anyone? Ideas?
    I do not have hair on my back...but...

Ideas? When you live alone, sooner or later, you are forced into becoming an inventor.

The first necessity is to have one mirror mounted on one wall, and another mounted on the wall perpendicular to it. ( mirrors on both walls of a corner). Now you can see your back. (Hey, Mirror Magic 101 is a course you should have taken your freshman year at CD University.) lol

1) Just use the mirror and continue applying the Nair (with that yucky odor…)
    2) Tape a shaving razor like an Excel to a dowel rod as an extension and use the mirrors to observe what you are doing.
    3) Same drill as above, only use an electric razor to do most of it by hand (unless your body size inhibits your dexterity and reach.
    4) Use the wax/tape removal system (with help of mirrors)
    5) Apply double sided carpet tape to your shower door, back up against it, and pull away.
    6) Have sex with your wife outside on the fake carpet covering the patio once a week, making sure you are the one lying on your back. Sure it will burn…but hey…
    7) Cover your back with peanut butter and let your cats remove hair with their sandpaper tongues.
    8) Mount your electric razor to the door with some velcro fasteners and back up against it.
    9) Tell some more lies. When your pants catch on fire, just let it flame up and singe the hair off of your back.
    10) Ignore it and just always face the camera when you are taking CD pics to post on the forum.

Hey, you asked for ideas...not "good" ideas...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been shaving my legs now for over two years, wear shorts often and no comments from anyone.

My SO keeps his body hairless most of the time. But, when it comes to summer won't wear shorts and keeps his shirt on in case anyone notices.

Take it from me, GGs do not notice when a man is hairless. My ex had almost no body hair naturally, I never thought anything about it. If GMs notice it's probably because they're a closet CDer and are comparing their own legs to someone elses.

Grey chest rugs are aging. Smooth hair free chests keep GMs looking younger.

Bristles aren't a good look though! Either keep it smooth and silky or let it grow!