Thread: confidence booster

confidence booster

hers something for all you that are out . as i was just wondering do you remeber the point or thing that suddenly made you think " what the heck i am a crossdresser and i dont care what others think "( thats the best as i can put it ).

I remember all the worrying and hanging around so that no one was buy the counter/womens clothing and cueing up to pay quite nerviously in the supermarket with nylons and a dress in the basket .WELL after going out last week for the first time in a real public place things have really changed. why you ask ! i dont care what people think anymore and even asked for help with make upand went on a bit of a shopping spree .I just asked my self just what is there to worry about i am who i am .

isnt that a just a great feeling

Platinum Member
    I can only imagine. I have yet to go out en femme...who knows I'll ever have the confidence you've achieved. But its been years since I realized that I could shop for womens clothes in my size without embarrassment. That was liberating in itself.

I had a little of that attitude the first time that I went out over three years ago. I believe that you need some of that to just get out the door. After that I have continually built up to a point that I am almost at the really, "I do not care" point. It takes time for some and some internal work building up self-confidence. However, it is all very much worth it in the end. It is a whole new world out there dressed en femme to enjoy and explore.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I told myself that this was something I would have to do if I want to live as a woman.
    Can't be a woman and never leave the house.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Confidence

Once I got over be self conscience of my heights all was okay.
    Hugs Phyliss

This is actually one of the reasons why I started CDing. I placed myself in an unfamiliar situation with absolutely no understanding of how other people would potentially react to me. Either way, I think it worked

Gold Member
    I just got thru NOT posting a thread about "what people think".
    Long story short - some fat mongoloid redneck woman at the school didn't want me working on her hair, I guess she didn't approve of my looks.

What you will discover is that those who judge or make comments are usually the LOSER types who should not have anything to say anyways.

But onto the answer - I don't know if it was true or not but when I first went out fully dressed, about 12 years ago, I just assumed I would pass well enough to not be detected by many. Yeah it was nerve racking but when I went out and the world didn't end, I thought, "I can do this"
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I remember the first time I bought shoes. Very liberating!

ohitsjustalex your cute!

I haven't really gotten to the point where I can go out. I do remember the time I was out shopping and I suddenly realized that it must be weirder for the cashier than it is for me. Thats my most memorable "dont care what other people think" moments.

that is the moment when you are free. Welcome to the big wide world. We have been expecting you.
    Michelle

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

two sides

On one side it was interesting the first time I was asked in a shoe store if the heels I was trying on were for me. The SA was very interested in helping as I'm sure she realized that being nice to a man trying on high heels is a great way to make a sale.

On the other side, what people think can make a difference if those people have some input on the quality of your life. Having said that, walking alone in a dark alley in a major city at 2am is not a good decision in any gender presentation!

tina

When I flew in femme for the first time, nearly 3 years ago, it was such a liberating experience. After that, I knew that the skies the limit and that there's nothing I couldn't do. Ever since then, my confidence level has been so high that I don't have to think about where I want to go or what I want to do because things just come naturally to me now.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

As others have said shopping at a store is "out" enough for me.. I want to dress and be myself, but thinking that I want to dress and be myself means not actually trying to pass but rather wearing a skirt and hose and heels.. But no wig or makeup.. Just looking like a guy wearing what I want to..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I'm not sure if it was one thing. I think it occured when I started going out and nobody treated me like a freak. After a few times your confidence can build up.