Thread: CD Feelings

The New Improved Version Virgin_CD's Avatar

Arrow CD Feelings

And I don't mean the hand under your skirt... Does anyone else have over active tear ducts? I get all emotional and teary eyed at the corniest of moments, esp touching movie momts. I'm grateful that I go thru life "Ultra sensative" because I appreciate ore in every day life. I think it makes us better lovers even. Spoken in different, more flattering words; More PASSIONATE. The down side is my feeligs get hurt easier so I must be a better communicator with my spouse, freinds and family, but I can do that. I suspect CD's, being in touch with thir softer side may share this strange and powerful trait with me? What say YOU???
    Last edited by Virgin_CD; 06-11-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: add symbol

I saw this and wanted to cry!
    Just kidding!
    I am a bit "sensitive" too. I don't know if it has to do with being CD or not.
    It does seem as if I will "tear up" easily. And I wear my feelings on my sleeve too.

I have noticed since my C/Ding came back I tend to be more emotional, before it came back I had a very much "couldn't care less" attitude to life.
    I actually find the emotions I have now add to my confusion

I do get emotional and teary, and it is not easy to keep from crying at times. That kind of display is more often associated with women, but I can find myself emotional in drab as easily as when I'm dressed.

Perhaps it's the female part of me wanting to come to the surface.

Freddy

I have always been sensitive and empathetic. I tear up at any sad or touching moment dressed, drab or naked. I know I am an old softee when it comes to romantic moments in a movie and the tears will rll.
    We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    i get embarrassingly emotional at touching parts of films.i also have feminine preferences to films,i love ro coms most of all.when i was a kid whilst my brother was playing football i'd be watching things like little house on the prairie lol

You are not alone. I too seem to be very emotional at seemingly the slightest provocation. Anything I feel strongly about or when I get very sincere with friends, I almost think I'll bust out in tears. Its hard for me to even get through a church service or sing the hymns without becoming choaked up and the tears welling in my eyes. This all seems to be new and unusual from the guy who has always been very apathetic of emotion. Changing phyisiologically or catching up for lost emotion??? Who Knows. Maybe this is just one side of my femininity that is surfacing (whithout drug or surgical help).

I'm becomming just a big sissy crybaby. But thats ok.

Paula

The New Improved Version Virgin_CD's Avatar

Yes, I think tere is a pattern here

I strongly suspect that being in touch with our softer side is akin (not a result of) to more sensative and emotional overall < dah?>. I prefer the term PASSIONATE in all things. Also, as an engineer the clinical self arrives: being 55 I was checked for low testosterone and it was about 2/3 of the normal range minimum. So I got this testosterone cream to apply to fatty areas (of which I have a surplus of these days). Well to make a short story long... I am barely touching the low threshold 3 months later and I have noticed a decrease in that cry trigger. My voice has gotten lower AND my sex life (erections AND sex drive) improved. Personally I suspect it is a complex intereaction in the balance of T AND estrogen/ female horemones that affects us, not just the T. But low T affects many physical levels and it is called the "fountain of youth drug" because you need it to build muscle (or you just get SORE for all that ditch digging in the backyard...) and all sorts of benefits. You become less lethargig/ it counters aging metabolism slow downs, thyroid decrease, etc. The reason my MD suggested the test is because many other levels were just slightly out of tolerance, like Thyroid, cholesterol, diabetic measures/ A1C, and Liver enzymes (gamma GT). All but the GammaGT came back in limits! T is the easiest, least side efects alternative... if you qualify. This could turn into a long post so email me and I'll share my phone if interested in hearing more.
    Last edited by Virgin_CD; 06-12-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Add some chemistry about T (Testosterone)

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Indeed! My wife and I love to watch "chick flicks" together, both wiping away the tears and cuddling! I love it!
    Love

Lynne

I'm the same way and always have been, which totally sucked as a young, then adolescent boy, it does make a youngster quite an inviting target. I've never been able to stop it. It's just part of me.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

The avvy pic isn't me
    Add me to the list. I've always been sensitive, empathetic, emotional, and all those things but it has increased dramatically in the past 8 months. mj (Cassie)

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Have to agree I start Bawling at the slightest thing,the most recent was the end of the movie Marley and Me I dont think it has any connection to CDing,but it's not a bad thing to show your emotion
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Add me to the side list.

Ever since truly starting to accept myself and fully engage it, I've noticed that I more easily tear up when I'm insanely overwhelmed with happiness from something. (And really, before fully accepting myself, and actually getting excited about transitioning, I was never really happy to begin with. Or, if I was, I never showed it.) But I still don't cry or tear up when sad. Last time I actually cried was when my dog died, and I only did so in private, at 2 in the morning, in my basement. The last time before that? I don't even remember.

I do get sad occasionally, I just don't get any tears.
    If you're lying, or you have a secret, I'll know it.

I'm also more emotional and sensitive, I don't believe it's caused by crossdressing but I definitely think its related to CDing, I mean that's why I dress, to express that feminine side & feelings, so those emotions also seem to be part of that. I also think it's a positive trait, although some disagree, they rather the woman be the sensitive one & not the guy. Either way, it's a part of me
    Last edited by erika130; 06-13-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Fun loving Florida girl! tammygirl79's Avatar
    I am so glad someone brought this topic up. I have always been extra sensitive & emotional...pretty much my whole life. I am sure it is related to crossdressing, but In my case, I don't think it was caused by the crossdressing....I think the crossdressing was caused by the over emotional sensitivity. I say this because I was this way before I started crossdressing, though I think the crossdressing has brought it out even more. I think it is because I was just more meant to be a woman then a man, and that is why I enjoy crossdressing & am so emotional & sensitive. I remember when I was a little kid, I wanted to be a girl. All thease feelings were always there, even though I have always been a streight man all my life. Anyway, partof the point i was trying to make is that I don't think crossdressing makes you more sensitive or emotional, I think you always have had that in you....it just brings it out more, that's all.
    As a man I may look like I belong, but I don't feel like I belong...As a woman I may not look like I belong, but I feel like I belong!

I don't consider myself emotional or "sensitive" whether en femme or not.
    I've always considered myself empathetic, but that's something I consciously do.

Looks like I'm in the minority on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin_CD View Post
    And I don't mean the hand under your skirt... Does anyone else have over active tear ducts? I get all emotional and teary eyed at the corniest of moments, esp touching movie momts. I'm grateful that I go thru life "Ultra sensative" because I appreciate ore in every day life. I think it makes us better lovers even. Spoken in different, more flattering words; More PASSIONATE. The down side is my feeligs get hurt easier so I must be a better communicator with my spouse, freinds and family, but I can do that. I suspect CD's, being in touch with thir softer side may share this strange and powerful trait with me? What say YOU???
    Couldn't agree more
    ColleenW

I'm nearing 60 years old. I blame it on fluctuating hormones (and then I avoid chick flicks so I don't cry.). Andrea

I do! I was at a Cavs game a couple of months ago and a group of Cub Scouts brought out the flag for the national anthem and the tears started!

Platinum Member
    I'm not sure if CDs are more or less emotional. I know that certain things - like poignant moments in the movie "A River Runs Through It" always make my eyes tear up.

I've found that I'm more likely to cry now, and it's because I spend a lot of energy and subconscious concentration holding back sad thoughts just so that I can get through the day. So when any strong emotional thing happens, it just overwhelms me and I start to cry, because I guess I'm just unable to handle all of it at once, and something just had to give. I didn't used to be like this; I guess it was because I didn't know how bleak my situation was; I used to believe that there was a very good possibility that I would meet a woman who would accept and love me for who I am, despite the negative feelings about crossdressing. I really had no idea how much of a turn off it is for such a great percentage of women. Not that I can do anything about it, but I didn't know my chances for love were so dismal. Reality is a bitch.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have noticed that as I have gotten more in touch with my feminine side I have become more emotional.