Thread: I don't want to revert to drab

Banned Read only

I don't want to revert to drab

Last night I started applying lipstick on my own for the first time. This morning I went to Kohls shortly after 8am to buy a denim mini skirt wearing my lipstick, yellow bandana and sunglasses. I chose a size 16 and didn't bother trying it on; they had an 18 so I figured I'd go back and exchange it. Plus I'm not sure how appropriate I feel using a dressing room in the women's section. Anyway, got home, and the size 16 fits, now I'm gonna shoot for 14, then 12, etc. Also put on my fishnets, wig and heels, took some before/after pictures in the mirror.

Now I have to leave in less than an hour and I don't want to revert to drab! I guess the fact that I haven't shaved in 12 hours makes it easier. I think I'm experiencing my first pink fog though Will post pictures later this weekend or next week. Anyway thanks everybody for their support on here my first couple/three weeks.
    Last edited by donninacd; 06-12-2010 at 07:59 AM. Reason: minor clarification

Hi Donnina
    Yup I agree, the hardest thing about crossdressing has to be going back to drab
    It does sound like you had a lot of fun being you and though it'll seem like forever, hopefully it won't be long before you can be yourself again

Hi Donnina

Why don't you just carry your choices to the men's section and try them on in the men's dressing room? I shop at Kohl's every once and a while and that's what I do. No one's said anything to me or, as far as I know even noticed. (At least at the time they haven't noticed; when I've finished making my choices I've just left the stuff I wasn't going to buy in the dressing room.) These days I really don't think you'll have much or any trouble from the sales staff although you might get some funny looks from customers.
    ColleenW

Yep, pink fog alert...

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Don't worry, the fog will find you again. While this session must end, there will be chances for many more in the future.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I hear you about not wanting to "go back". Just this morning, I dressed and drove around, even took a nice walk........ almost couldn't bring myself to come back home, because that means drab mode for me (my wife accepts but doesn't really like to see me dressed unless she's in the right mood).

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Every night I change into Drab to go to work is the worst part of my Dressing,but hey its not long till im back and all's right with the world again
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

It's easy to revert for me. Sometimes I can't wait to take off my wig, accessories, and heels and just throw on some shorts, shirt, and flip flops. Being a woman is so much work! But the rewards are great.

I agree with one of the previous posters. Take your items to the men's changing room - cover them with a male item like a shirt or jeans if you are uncomfortable. I usually take a few sizes bracketing the size I think I'll need. That's the nice thing about Kohls. It is really easy to try stuff on without any hassle.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraTV View Post
    I agree with one of the previous posters. Take your items to the men's changing room - cover them with a male item like a shirt or jeans if you are uncomfortable. I usually take a few sizes bracketing the size I think I'll need. That's the nice thing about Kohls. It is really easy to try stuff on without any hassle.
    Thanks don't know why I didn't think of that. I was semi made-up and nervous enough already maybe thats why.

When you are dressed en femme and shopping as such, just go use the girls changing rooms. I finally had to just do it years ago when I decided to go full time. At the beginning, dressed accordingly, I used to like ask the salesgirl or wutever and never got turned down. Of course after the first couple of times it just becomes like second nature and you walk in like you own the joint. At least at Kohls, there are not ticket givers at the dressing rooms. Even those though I've never had any problem when dressed accordingly.... Just act as the girl you are and you can do a lot of things without raising any flags. Hope you reach the point where drab is not too totally lame as you'll be going out en femme more on your off time.

I wish that I could tell you that it gets easier as you go along to change back to drab, but it doesn't. It seems that it gets harder and harder all of the time.
    Michelle

Fun loving Florida girl! tammygirl79's Avatar
    I totaly know what you mean....I hate going back to drab. I think part of it is simply because of how long it takes to get all made-up and looking beautiful...you don't want to go back to drab after making all that effort...lol.
    As a man I may look like I belong, but I don't feel like I belong...As a woman I may not look like I belong, but I feel like I belong!

You're really not the only one. I can't even remember how many times I've felt like this, almost wanting to just go out dressed like it's nothing different. Of course it's not for me but anyone around it would be!

If you loathe the idea of reverting to drab mode, why don't you try and find some fairly gender neutral clothes? Stuff like women's jeans and t-shirts etc. As for make up, you could try and apply less of it, or make it more subtle when you are in guy mode?x

Smile

sorry link not working
    Last edited by Loni; 06-13-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: link not working

I understand donnina
    I've been unemployed for a while now actually for more than a year and during this time I've most always had on my lingerie and female shorts or jeans. some make up and what ever else. i do not think i can go back. I've packed up most of my male clothing and stored it away. i really want to go all the way and be the woman i feel i am. I'll get there someday i hope.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    the other day i bought a skirt at Kohls. I picked a couple of sizes then walked across to the mens dressing room and tried them on. Found one that fit and bought it. I am wearing it now. That was fun!

It has become much harder to get into my "drab" clothes over the last two months. I don't like it - not one bit. When I get home from work, I clean up and slip into a pair of skinny jeans or a skirt feels like heaven after a day of drab.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

I am reminded of this thread when I go for my morning workout at 24 Hour Fitness. They currently have a huge poster for Muscle Milk which says, "Go from drab to fab". I crack up every time I see the sign, figuring it's either a CD or gay person who came up with the campaign. And there it sits among the jocks.

Red face

Te more you go out en femme the easier it gets and you wont be able to afford or take the disappointment when you find your purchase doesn't fit .It takes a little time to get past your self but most sales people i have come across are fairly professional and more than willing to help

hey donnina,

Don't forget about the option of ordering online. The only reason Bill Gates invented the computer was to give CDs a way to order clothes without feeling intimidated.

ok, i might be wrong on that one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes I know the feeling. It is looking at the clock in the morning and doing a countdown to when I absolutely have to take off the femme and go to drab.Maybe I have enough time to put on the white blouse and skirt or maybe the brown house dress instead.Oh darn I am out of time. Hmmm maybe I could take the shortcut to work and that gives me 3 more minutes.Maybe the blue blouse and jean mini skirt with flats.No the 3 inch heels look better.Gotta go.Out of time now.

Hey, I've missed dates, parties, even called in sick to work simply because I can't bear to take off the female persona. I'm on vacation now; and I haven't worn guy clothes now for 4 days. I've only made 2 trips outdoors; to toss the garbage out (at 3 a.m., wearing all dark clothes) and took a ride to return my netflix disks, also in the middle of the night. No 'thrill' involved or experienced, just wanted to get my chores done without having to revert to 'boy' mode. Luckily, no one noticed me. Felt really good, sitting in my car, sort of as a girl.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.