Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sister sightings

Banned Read only
    I was in Vegass staying at Caesars Palace last week, My family (wife, 2 teenage kids) and i were dining in one of the hotel restaurants, and there was a sister dining right scross from us with a GG. She was beautiful, iwth a long, platinum bblonde wig. Although i wss trying to be discreet, my wife said, "what are you staring at?" My wife, who knows about Renee and does not approve, had no clue that the sister was not a GG - neither did my kids. As i turned out, I dined in the same resttaurant en femme 3 days later

Unless there has been some type of interaction that was fate,I leave the other girls be.I just think,cool,another brave soul out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SandraAbsent
    They giggled and laughed so much she stopped waiting on us. I kept my mouth shut, and if they only knew they might not have been laughing so much. Needless to say I am not friends with these girls anymore. Interestingly enough she is someone who posts here!

You could have stood up for her without outing yourself. If you defend people's right to diversity, etc. it doesn't shout to the world "I'm one too."
    Then I was so wrapped in denial and shame, it was all I could do to keep my mouth shut and not smack them. I probably would out myself now just to shut them up!
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

So hard to do the "right" thing

I have seen at least one sister when out and about. As a closet girl, I have no idea what it is like to go out, I have no idea how I would feel if another sister approached me, even in the friendliest manner, And like many of you, I have always wondered just what is the right way to let them know I am and I wish I was as brave? I think you look pretty? I wish I was more like you? What to say? "Hi, I am a pathetic closet dresser, you make me feel good?" Jeez, some times I hate myself......

Susan

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanCACD View Post
    I have seen at least one sister when out and about. As a closet girl, I have no idea what it is like to go out, I have no idea how I would feel if another sister approached me, even in the friendliest manner, And like many of you, I have always wondered just what is the right way to let them know I am and I wish I was as brave? I think you look pretty? I wish I was more like you? What to say? "Hi, I am a pathetic closet dresser, you make me feel good?" Jeez, some times I hate myself......

Susan
    How about "I think you look pretty, could I get your phone number?" You might just make their day. Plus if you get their number, even if you really aren't interested in dating, you could come out to them on the phone.

PS....you are NOT pathetic

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar

I saw some!!!

I saw 5,6,7 maybe more, was hard to tell what gender some of the people were. Tanya and her wife went to Capital City Pride in Olympia, Washington yesterday. It was 1 year ago since Tanya went out in the bright day light to another Pride Event for the first time. No one took a double take, no one pointed a finger. In fact many came up to say Hi!!. Our GASS TG group had a booth and many of our members showed up. I did see a few new girls and some that I only could wish I looked as good as. Now I know while I like being Tanya, Lesbians are good lookers.. ha ha..

Tanya

Sf

I make it up to San Fran every once in a while and I was just walking down Market Street for about 6 blocks on a beautiful Friday afternoon a couple of weeks ago. I could swear within that 15 minute walk, I spotted at least five or six CDers. It was pretty busy but nobody seems to really notice/care at all - the beauty of SF I guess.

A few years ago, I was out shopping in drab in the women's section of a local Sears outlet store, and I saw a "sister" going through the items in the rack next to mine. What caught my attention initially was the fact that her wig was done up in almost the identical way in which Rose Marie of the old Dick van Dyke Show used to wear her hair - complete with the two tiny little bows on either side of her head near her ears. A totally '60's look, and so out of fashion at the time.

And while her make up and the way she was dressed were otherwise very lady-like and convincing, I did notice that when her wrists poked through the long sleeves of her coat, they were extremely hairy - almost gorilla-like. A dead give-away, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why that glaring detail seemed to have eluded her when she had clearly taken such great pains to be "passable" in the rest of her presentation.

A couple of years ago, I also spotted another "sister" in a local mall just before Christmas, and she was chatting with an SA who was operating one of those kiosks typically found in the traffic areas of malls. People were doing double-takes (as was I) because her outfit was more like a costume and something that either Mrs. Claus or a middle-aged female elf would wear - complete with a pair of buckled shoes not unlike what Benjamin Franklin might have worn back in the 1700's. Clearly, she wanted to attract attention, and equally clearly, she was making the young girl that she had button-holed very uncomfortable, given all of the snickers that she was attracting towards the two of them.

I subsequently found out from a GG (former?) member here who lives in my area - and who I had originally connected with via another crossdressing forum (now defunct) - that this particular crossdresser was known to her and that she presented herself in this manner because she was into public humiliation.

This GG hasn't posted here in quite a while and seems to have withdrawn from the crossdressing scene (at least on the Internet) even though she was very attracted to CDers in general, and very supportive of her husband. She even ran a shopping service for CDer's at one time where she would accompany them on their outings, and actually had this individual as a client once. Not a particularly happy experience for her, it seems, and from my own observation, I can see why.

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose, and I don't want to appear judgemental, but I do wish that those CDer's who are heavily into the fetishistic components of their "hobby" would keep it indoors. Fine for them to do what they do, but it also reflects poorly on the rest of us who merely wish to be as passable as possible and blend in when out and about, and not reinforce the negative stereotypes that already exist about us while giving those rednecks out there even more ammunition to justify discriminating against us.

Quote Originally Posted by SusanCACD View Post

Susan
    I would go to Esprit if you can....that is what got me out...and I waited 40 years for it....don't wait that long.

Monica

Quote Originally Posted by yumi2000us View Post
    I make it up to San Fran every once in a while and I was just walking down Market Street for about 6 blocks on a beautiful Friday afternoon a couple of weeks ago. I could swear within that 15 minute walk, I spotted at least five or six CDers. It was pretty busy but nobody seems to really notice/care at all - the beauty of SF I guess.
    One of them was probably me!

Monica

Quote Originally Posted by donnina1963 View Post
    How about "I think you look pretty, could I get your phone number?" You might just make their day. Plus if you get their number, even if you really aren't interested in dating, you could come out to them on the phone.

PS....you are NOT pathetic
    Why not keep a supply of friendship cards with your en famme picture and your email address and give one to her.

Monica
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-14-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Merging 3 consecutive posts. Please use the MULTI QUOTE (") button in the future. :)

Years ago, my brother mentioned that there was a 7' transsexual (his wording) working at a local OfficeMax. He said she had helped him several times. One day I happened to need some office supplies, and was in the area, and lo and behold, there she was. I'd say OVER 7 feet. Not passable, but certainly gutsy...and very knowledgeable and friendly. This was before I started dressing seriously.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Since I am a girl that has no choice but to live my life as I am I am always out in the REAL world.

I would say that there are some people that can identify me (not that I really care) and to tell you the truth I would have no issue with someone else that is trans comming up and starting a NORMAL conversation.

On the other hand I would find it annoying at best if some other girl came up and started a trans conversation with me.

Will a CD come up and talk to me? Well I cant say that has ever happened. I have to assume that there are VERY few CDs that ever venture out into the real world. I realze some go to GLBT places in the evenings. Since I generally dont go to those places and really am not a big party person I dont see many CDs.

In my professional life they very often seek me out but I do all that I can to separate the professioal life with my personal life.

Katie
    Last edited by Katesback; 06-14-2010 at 08:44 AM.

Odly enough, I've seen two in the last two weeks. The first was coming out of best buy. no wig, no forms, no makeup but womens walking shorts, wedge sandels and the cutest purse. the second was at a local deli. I couldn't tell, she was very passable. At first I thought she was a GG, and the cutest outfit (black pencil shirt, frilly pink blouse and what looked like 3 1/2" heels). I was 100% sure she was GG (very attractive). She stepped behind me to wait on her order and began to talk to her GG friend. The voice gave her away. That's when I began to look much closer and there were several tells, but I had to look close to see them.

I said nothing to either. I thought it best to just let everyone go on about their business.

Nico's got the right number here, folks. I know I wouldn't enjoy the sideshow attraction experience, and I'm pretty sure that goes for most.

We all get pretty ticked off hearing the whispers behind our backs... And then go off doing the same. I begin to understand where the aggreived are coming from...
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

Unfortunately, if it would not make the headline on World Weekly News, I wouldn't be interested in looking.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have been seeing a sister here in South Edmonton walking along the river - I have tried to catch up with her but she always increases the pace accordingly.

If only she knew I was a card carrying pantied sister in drab looking to give her my number !
    Last edited by kellyanne; 06-14-2010 at 01:51 PM.

At my job, I frequently see tell tale signs on guys that hint they might be CD. The poor ones that underdress and get caught, of course, well they're just asking for it. But I try to help them avoid having anyone else notice; I don't know what they think of me for doing that, but no one's ever said anything.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    I am out a lot - if you see me, PLEASE say "hi"!

I have had a few sighting through the years of the elusive cdsaurous. Sorry couldnt help myself. Once was at a local bookstore, I was in guy mode the other time. The second time was at a local coffee shop that had acoustic music. This was before I realized how friendly that area was to transgender individuals. Now I go there dressed.
    On a side note if anyone from this forum ever sees me out and about, I personally would love you to say hi. Heck I may even buy ya coffee if you are nice!!!

I spotted a 'sister' just a few days ago, and perhaps again today. She popped to her car dressed in a pink and black mini-skirt, I'm afraid her masculine walk blew her cover although the friend I was with never noticed. I'm almost certain I spotted her again today walking her dog. She was wearing sunglasses and covered her face with a scarf. I'd love it if she was a member of this forum and got in contact via PM
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

I saw a TS one day in my work building...she was probably heading up to the electrolgist to get her face done. She looked very passable, and only another TG/TS could have spotted her. I said nothing and let her "pass".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just smile

I often see other sisters as Sydney is fairly TG friendly.

One sticks in my mind though, I was in a DIY store in Wollongong (more rednecks than Sydney) she was in the queue in front of me. She would have been totally passable except for her extreme nervousness, but maybe we're all more sensitive to spotting other sisters. The checkout girl was totally professional and didn't bat an eyelid. I caught her eye in the car park and just smiled hello, hopefully I didn't send her back into the closet.

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar

How about a RECOGNIZE?

In Sept 2007, I was leaving a local restaurant with my kids and our church group when 3 tall ladies walked in. It was not a read but a recognize since I had bookmarked the web site of one of them.

I attempted to discretely introduce myself as a sister while in full male mode, including bushy full beard. I'm sure she thought I was crazy.

A year later, I got to talk to her at a local support group.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

sighting

I go out as often as I can I know I don't pass 100% but like to think i look ok and only thoes who are looking for tells or signs notice me
    so i would not mind if someone said hi
    Susan

Out and about and saw two sisters. They were close to passable to me, so probably wouldn't be noticed by most. They seemed very happy together.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I have seen a few sisters while out in both modes and I have not tried to talk to them. Now one of them I saw I think I met them in a meeting.