Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a Crossdresser Ever Satisfied?

Aspiring Member

Is a Crossdresser Ever Satisfied?

Hi All:

I was just putting away some freshly laundered clothing and a thought just struck!!! I have more skirts, dresses, blouses, tops , and lingerie than most GGs. This for a CDer that never ventures past his own back garden. My female side of my closet is literally “eating” my male side.

But that doesn’t stop me from pouring through every woman’s clothing catalog in the post each day (and there is always 3 or more). For instance, I have more nightgowns than there are days in the week, but did that stop me from spending $40 on a new set of Baby Dolls last week...NO WAY!!!

On the flip side, I threw a fit (not really) last week @ JC Penney’s last week when my wife insisted I buy 8 new men’s T-shirts @ $9 ea. I thought that was way too much for a mere T-shirt. She smiled and said “Didn’t you spend $95 on a new wig last month?”

No wonder my Sweetie looks at me funny sometimes!!!

I realize I’m (probably) not alone in this, but I’d love to hear others experience in this!!

Have a great Week!!
    Danielle

Banned Read only
    i couldnt agree more! my wife cajoled me into buying some new tighty whities - i went for the cheapo's. but i'll drop $50 on a bra, and i don't even have real boobs! The last pair of guy shoes i bought was over a yr ago - i bought 3 pairs of girl shoes this week!

I have to buy Mr Debs his clothes and then they are bought sparingly, but Debs get at least 2 things weekly ............ go figure but she does look good in em I gotta give her that
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Yes, it's really hard when you see something that looks so cute not to buy it. I don't know if I'll ever be satisfied
    ColleenW

hehe, I just got back from a trip to Hong Kong and I can honestly say that I spent 10 times as much on female clothes than male.

Basically at one point during the trip I had gathered enough courage to ask my gf if she would help me go shopping and she was super ok with it, so I kinda went crazy... actually, I think I spent considerably more money than she did on clothes

The only thing I buy for my drab side in the last 10 years have been sneakers and I get them @ Wall-mart for 16$ per pair. The drab clothes I get are at Christmas and that's it.

Oh I did but a t-shirt that had on it "Save a hoarse ride a Cowgirl" Last year , so.......I'll be satisfied when I have Evey outfit on earth.
    Last edited by Christina Horton; 06-13-2010 at 07:14 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

You really are on something here. While my girl closet is not as extensive at all, it would be if it wasn't for the $$ situation. The interesting thing here is that this does not apply to my male clothes. It's almost like I don't even want to think about buying guy clothes, and see it almost as a waste of $, but anything girly or feminine clothes is no problem

Just all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    I realize I’m (probably) not alone in this, but I’d love to hear others experience in this!
    Danielle, I would be amazed if every CD on this forum didn't "suffer" from this "problem !"

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeT View Post
    i'll drop $50 on a bra, and i don't even have real boobs!
    Too funny! Me too.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

I don't have a lot of womens clothes, but I will buy a skirt before I buy a male shirt. My wife gets so pissed off when I go outside a bring her dress catalogs back from the trash. I stopped getting the catalogs addressed to me when my grand daughter asked me" why are all these womens clothes catalog addressed to you grandpa".

Gold Member
    buying men's clothes bites. Buying "tidy whities" sucks worse than having to purchase new car tires. Spending money on "tidy whities" is the suck of all sucks. Unless it is one of our FTM brothers, those guys probably don't mind it a bit.

Women love to shop.

And with christina saying she will be satisfied when she has every outfit in the world, THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

Hey umm, about people being satisfied or not -
    Has a drunkard ever had enough booze?
    Has Joan Rivers ever had enough plastic surgery?
    Has my SL avatar ever had enough hairpieces?
    Has a smoker like myself ever had enough nicotine?
    Has Microsoft ever been satisfied with how many stupid ideas they come up with (vista being the crown)
    Has a micro-managing boss ever had enough to bitch about?
    Has Willy Nelson ever had enough herb?

One is too many but a 1000 is not enough.
    Last edited by Nicole Erin; 06-13-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have way more girl clothes than I do for my male self. And most of them are newer! But even though I certainly don't pass without a lot of work, I am out in public every day as a male Stephanie. Dressed totally feminine, but looking like the man I am! And I do buy feminine things when I see something I must have!! Isn' that what girls do?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Guy Clothes

Quote Originally Posted by erika130 View Post
    You really are on something here. While my girl closet is not as extensive at all, it would be if it wasn't for the $$ situation. The interesting thing here is that this does not apply to my male clothes. It's almost like I don't even want to think about buying guy clothes, and see it almost as a waste of $, but anything girly or feminine clothes is no problem
    I agree...buying guy clothes is really a drag...mine are years old and I hate buying new ones.

Is anyone ever satisfied

When I find a new pair of high heels in my size I'm not satisfied til I own a pair. A girl never has enough shoes.

We are good!!

Our spending is good for the economy! We are good!!!

I keep telling myself to stop shopping because I have way more girl clothes than guy clothes. But when I see a GG wearing something that catches my eye, I just get the urge to go out and get it.
    It's addicting.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

I hate to have to buy male clothes, but will not hesitate to by a new leather coat for 160.00 - been looking for a replacement for the one I riped last winter . I had to buy drab pants for work 16.00 for something that fits like a potato sack - I was not happy at all about it.
    So yes I feel the same way. The women gets what she wants!
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

I have to go every two years for my drivers physical because I have a class 1 and I am over 50. Egads!! No underwear......eh well............No mens underwear. Had to run to Walmart.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

I couldn't agree more Danielle....

First let me start by complimenting you on your most recent avatar. It looks terrific and is very complimentary to your face, especially the shorter wig. Go Girl.
    As you your open ended question the answer from me is a huge resounding NO... we're never satisfied. I've never really had a venue to have the chance to wear particular style of dress or outfit. I go to philharmonic concerts 6 to 9 times a year and its my ONLY chance to dress to the nines and look pretty with jewelry, makeup heels and dress.
    we get all dressed up with no place to go?[/I]

I don't know Danielle, its the nature of the beast , our inherent "must have" selfishness that typifies so many of us, that there is never enough.

This is why when one purges or gives it up and swears off he/ she always... and i mean always returns to it. Its part of our CD addiction that we cannot shake, but don't know why or how it exist.
    But I, like you have way to many and I went nuts this past fall spending a lot on outfits at Fashion Bug and Dress barn that I've only worn once. I will swear off buying anymore for a year or more. That I can do, because truly know I have more than I ever need, I'll bet many of us are like this. Good thought provoking question,
    Take care there girl friend.... and looking good.
    Megan
    Last edited by Megan70; 06-14-2010 at 06:14 AM.

Wink

I really think we were way more satisfied before the internet, because we really didn't have any idea of the amount of stuff that is out there just waiting to be bought!!!

My Mom complains that I have spent over the past few years so much money on my Fem-side that it more then she's spent on herself in years and years. LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

My rational, (or LACK of), for me fem shopping habits;

Would make even the ditsiest blond dizzy!

Good thing I don't have an SO!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I agree, I've bought too many clothes. I have about 40 skirts, of which I just sold 7 on ebay, I'll sell some more - but at the same time I buy some more as well. It seems like I can't get enough.

The wanting or need to buy can become as much and sometimes more of a obsession than the dressing it`s self .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

In answer to the OP....Satisfied?...Yes

Have enough clothes?....No way, all the time I can squeeze another item of femme clothing into the house, I will

In Answer to Nicole's quiz.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post

Has a drunkard ever had enough booze?.....Nearly
    Has Joan Rivers ever had enough plastic surgery?......Nope, there is still a small section under her left armpit untouched by plastic surgery
    Has my SL avatar ever had enough hairpieces?....How many options do you have remaining?
    Has a smoker like myself ever had enough nicotine? ....Unlikely
    Has Microsoft ever been satisfied with how many stupid ideas they come up with (vista being the crown)....No way, there are still plenty more yet
    Has a micro-managing boss ever had enough to bitch about?....Yes, but that won't stop him/her bitching
    Has Willy Nelson ever had enough herb?....Not while it's still being grown

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Gee View Post
    Is a Crossdresser Ever Satisfied?
    This one is

I don't have a great lot of femme gear, but my wife often comments on how I love to shop whilst dressed, but it's like pulling teeth getting me to buy a guy T shirt.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with what I got, and having the freedom to wear it out and about.

Tash