Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever bought something, wore it once, and decided you didn't like it?

Have you ever bought something, wore it once, and decided you didn't like it?

Have you ever bought something, wore it once, and decided you didn't like it and didn't wanna wear it again? Happened to me. I bought this long dress and I don't really like it that much. I wish I could return it but I don't have the receipt anymore. I like to show a lot of skin and be sexy when I dress up and this dress kinda doesn't allow for that.

Yes, more times than I care to remember
    Things that looked good in the shop, things I really liked the style of, but once home.......Yeuchh, I hated it

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Try to return it without the receipt! Lots of stores, and online shops, will allow that.

I can't tell you how many things I have returned over the years. Some things look good on the hangar, but not on my body!! Good luck sending your dress back!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Try to return it without the receipt! Lots of stores, and online shops, will allow that.

I can't tell you how many things I have returned over the years. Some things look good on the hangar, but not on my body!! Good luck sending your dress back!!
    I may try that. I did buy the dress from Wal-Mart, and u know they accept practically anything back. I'd exchange it for this cute, short pink dress with sparkles on it that I want!

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar

Smile

Wll, if you don't try you will never know....good luck....(or perhaps sell it on Ebay if they do not take it back?)

omg update! I found the receipt!!! :-)

@Pauline- I was thinking about selling it on ebay. But since I found the receipt I think I'll just go exchange it for something cuter and sexier ;-)
    Last edited by FemmeElastique; 06-12-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Hi there

I do that all the time, go out shopping find something thinking it looks great, try it on ,buy it then go home next time i go out i put it on and find ,it just not right for me and never wear it again.

I hate it when I do that! What a waste of money. It usually happens when I order something online. The idea of the outfit that I thought I was putting together just wasn't right when I received the package and opened it. What a disappointment. Now I go to stores and am actually saving money that way.....especially at Marshall's and Ross.
    Charlie

Wore it and didn't Like it

There are only two things that I can remember buying, wearing them once or twice and not liking them. On a couple of occassions, i have brought bras that didn't fit. You follow the 70 million different sizing charts and come up with a size, go buy it, and it doesn't even come close to fitting. Boy, what an ordeal to take a bra back to exchange.

The other item was a wig. Wore it a couple of times, hated the way it fit, restyled it and still didn't like it, so I threw it away. Have done this twice.

Sadly, more than once. It isn't easy guest-imating sizes, especially when manufacturer's Small is another's Medium. Sigh. I have the most trouble with dresses, mostly in the shoulder area. I usually have to go bare-shoulder, otherwise if it fits in the top, it's usually baggy in the lower end - and winds up looking lousy.

Yeah, the first jockstrap I ever had, back in about 7th grade!! Yikes I hated those things

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I've even done it at thrift stores a few times. It's always store credit with them and has to be done within a short time frame, but some allow for clothing exchanges.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

In years past, when I'd find things at thrift shops, the beginning days I used to buy stuff just cause it fit, and "maybe I'll wear it eventually." These days I think about how much I want it- including if I'd enjoy wearing it. I stopped buying "eh" clothes. Saves money & space.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

i have recently bought some stuff that looked good in the store but didnt look good on me. i may take it to goodwill or something.
    <3 Jenny

It was a walmart purple easter dress that just looked adorable on the rack. Unfortunately when I brought it home I learned about what an empire waste is and that what they did for me is make me look very pregnant. A beautiful dress simply had to go back.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

What, are you kidding here? Of course! Too many times.

You put it on, all excited, and you're like....what were you thinking?

It's like a rite of passage for a crossdresser.

[SIZE=1](And some of those things that just didn't fit......*sob!* )[/SIZE]

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Yes - A few times. UMM! Maybe more than that but who's counting.
    Michelle

Yes, of course, all the time! After an appropriate period of mourning for a purchase that died young, I periodically clean out my closet and donate the unworn or unwearable to Goodwill.

You'd probably get fewer responses by asking who this hasn't happened to!

- Diane

Same here, I would be terrified to know how much money I've thrown away on ebay only to find that something either doesn't fit right or doesn't fit at all. The whole experience actually makes it that much more of a shocker when you buy something, try it on, and love it!

Over the past couple years, as has already been said, I've made the switch to "brick and mortar" stores so I at least have the option to return an item if I find that I hate it.

The only problem now is when I get something, try it on, cut the tags off, and after wearing it once or twice, realize I'm just not that crazy about it.

GG's go through the same thing though, so I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

I use to do it all of the time. It looked good on the rack but not on me.

Now, I just take my picks and go try them on before I buy. 99% of the time I am still happy with what I bought when it comes to wearing it out.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Banned Read only
    That just happened to me! I bought a 48.00 top (the one in my album) and even though its kind of cute, it only ends up making me look prego! So i'm returning it and getting a tunic, 2 pairs of earrings, and 3 panties all for the same price online

Red face

I've done that many times but what I do rather then return them, I save them up then donate them to one of the local womens shalters.

yes, that's happened to me many times. I usually ended up giving the clothing to the Salvation Army.
    -Audrey

8rys, going on walkabout
    I have impulse bought many outfits over the years. I tend to return the
    before I actually wear them.

Yep, a wedding ring. I have tried two of them now. Both times I ended up looking like a fool when I was out with my friends. They were too nice to tell me how ridiculous it looked given the circumstances everyone knew about but me.

I finally figured out that I look much better wearing heels...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]