Thread: How many others get 'girl crushes' on performers?

How many others get 'girl crushes' on performers?

I don't know how I wound up viewing these; there's a Korean girl singing group, SNSD, aka 'Girls Generation'. Most of their music is songs about falling in love, or unrequited love, and of course all the singers are absolutely adorable. I feel like I want to be one of the group; I spend hours and hours tracking down more videos about them and their songs, and there seem to be hundreds, even though they've only been a group since mid 2007. Even though the songs are almost entirely in Korean, the vocal tone and the expressions, oh my god. I've even gone so far as to learn the Korean lyrics on some of the songs so I can sing along with them. A teaser for the curious:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmHcpgdi0U
    I can't be the only one, can I?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

They are amazing. And very sexy. Now I have got a crush on them!

SUZY

Oh Alex, what a sweet bunch of girls! The French pop star Alizee is my heart throb. She was just too cute! Besides sounding great and looking phenomenal, she had the best, sexiest, most alluringly feminine moves I've ever seen. She just drew me in to being in love with her! (Well, me and a few million others.)

Curiously, I saw many of her expressions and some of her movements mirrored in the girls you linked to. I wonder if there's some super-secret girl pop star training school?

It's no secret. The big entertainment companies train those girls how to do everything; dance, sing, how to behave correctly in public is part cultural, and part training by the folks at the company, just like Berry Gordie did back in the sixties with all the groups at Motown, also Phil Spector and a few other media giants did too (remember, the Monkees were a 'manufactured' group!). SNSD's parent company is Seoul Media in South Korea; they create groups of singer/dancers and have professional writers come up with appropriate songs for them. There are other companies that do the same thing. Here's another: Kara
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAwz3WtrtPY

I think the biggest attraction, is there's a 'sweetness' to these women that is sadly lacking in American female entertainers.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 06-14-2010 at 09:46 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I see why you like them so much.
    Michelle

Well they've just won a new fan, they sure are cute and their songs sound nice too, pretty girly hehe

I'm completely hooked. Took hours to download all the Shanghai concert clips and make them into a complete video (why can't these promoters see the value in DVD's of their concerts?). Now, all I can do is hope they come to America for a concert. I might look pretty stupid, a 50 year old guy alone in the audience, but I don't care!