Thread: First time outting

First time outting

I went out with one of my friends who knows my dirty little secret. My SO, this friend, and this friend's sister are the only ones who know. Anyway, myself, the friend and the sister went out to a mall that we frequent. I haven't been there myself in forever, nothing there to do anymore when your a college student. It was fun in high-school, but not really anymore. Though, I digress.

I was absolutely nervous when i went out the first time. Your mind is always assaulted by "what if's". I was so scared I was going to run into one of my friends who doesn't know my dirty little secret yet. I was so afraid of that, and I actually saw one of my room-mates there. Apparently I was "blended in" that him and his group of our mutual friends (and the other two room-mates) didn't even notice me when my friends and I walked by.

I kinda put my head down and walked by. When I got home I was in the male version, (like a superhero. ) The room-mate described, according to him, a beautiful, gorgeous brunette in my exact outfit. Said she was outstandingly gorgeous.

That totally made my day, if my friends don't even notice me then I'm totally good. Even though in their defense, it's not like we were talking face-to-face. it was more or less a glance.

On top of that, I frequent Hot Topic, and the lady there, known as Skittles (nickname xD), saw me and thought she recognized me. I walked up to the counter and the ensuing conversation went something like this.

"Oh my god, you are totally adorable, I love your boots. Where did you get them?"

In my girl-est falsetto voice, "I got them here actually" and raised my skirt so she can get a better look. I was in an ankle length skirt, with ankle length boots. Showed her the boots by raising my leg and letting her see.

When she got a better look and went back around the counter, She asked me. "Haven't I seen you in here before? You totally look like someone I know."

"No, just moved here actually, first time here."

"Well, welcome to the neighborhood, what's your name?"

"Jasmine, or most people just call me Jamie."

"Well if you ever need a hand or wanna hang out, let me know, people call me Skittles, but my name's Jessica."

"That's really sweet, I may take you up on that." She scribbled her number on the back of my receipt. I completely and totally believe she was flirting with me. O.O So, CD.com, should i take her up on it?

For a first time out, it was a total blast and success; it was so worth it. Be confident and be yourself, even if that is a guy in 3 inch heels.

By-the-way, the girl's name is skittles because she dyes her hair a different color every week. I know her as a man, not very well, but I think I may get to know her well as Jamie.

Edited: I forgot to mention that when the room-mates passed us, they said hi to the girl i was with. That was it though, they know her but not so closely that they would initiate a conversation. So they gotta pretty good look at me, but not one long enough to notice who i was.
    Last edited by fallen_rayne; 06-15-2010 at 12:16 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jamie-noun-(JAY-mee)-A mystifying enigma that's wrapped in a mystery that's secluded in a dark forest with mind-teasers and twisters, that loves anime and video games . . . with a rack . . .

~Vanity is a bitch, and I'm her willing slave.~

Sounds like a wonderful start. I vote - go for it. Who knows where it will lead.
    Michelle

thats so awesome that nobody recognized you... I wonder if I could get away with something like that...

That's awesome! The first time I went out, I was a hot mess. Went out again looking just as bad. I gave up on it for years. A month or so ago, took my ass to my local MAC store and got myself schooled on how to properly apply make up. Practiced a few times, and went out again. Then I had people come up to me with nothing but compliments. It certainly does feel good when you get it right

Fun loving Florida girl! tammygirl79's Avatar
    WOW...Sounds like you had a very positive first time out! That must have been so flattering when your room-mate found you attractive....especially since he didn't know it was you. And then on top of it....the whole Hot Topic girl situation as well. And yes, definatly call her.....is there really any question? What confidence builders those two incidents must have been for you. You go girl...lol.

In two weeks, my daughter will be visiting her mom out of town. She will be gone for two and a half weeks which means i will be alone. I plan on going out for my very first time as long as I can find one or two girlfriends to go with me....I need encouragement. I hope my experiance will be as positive as yours!!!
    As a man I may look like I belong, but I don't feel like I belong...As a woman I may not look like I belong, but I feel like I belong!

Quote Originally Posted by tammygirl79 View Post
    I plan on going out for my very first time as long as I can find one or two girlfriends to go with me....I need encouragement. I hope my experiance will be as positive as yours!!!
    Go, go, do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you can't convince any of your girlfriends to go out with you, just go to a drag club, or a goth/industrial club. Trust me, if you've got your look down, you will be absolutely fabulous! Took me years to bust out and I'm so glad I got it over with. Now to just work on my everyday fem look, LOL!

It was so awesome. I love all the encouragement i get from this site too. It was the combination of that and well my friend saying "go the f*** out there!"

That and the room-mate really just kinda got a glance at me. My jaw just kinda dropped when he told me. It was very very flattering, though i got very very lucky too. I would definitely not mind hanging out with that girl. I'm already in love though. but hanging out wouldn't be bad. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jamie-noun-(JAY-mee)-A mystifying enigma that's wrapped in a mystery that's secluded in a dark forest with mind-teasers and twisters, that loves anime and video games . . . with a rack . . .

Fun loving Florida girl! tammygirl79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizz Kitten View Post
    Go, go, do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you can't convince any of your girlfriends to go out with you, just go to a drag club, or a goth/industrial club. Trust me, if you've got your look down, you will be absolutely fabulous! Took me years to bust out and I'm so glad I got it over with. Now to just work on my everyday fem look, LOL!
    Thanx Mizz Kitten, I planned on finding a LGBT bar in the area to go to...even if i have to go by myself.
    As a man I may look like I belong, but I don't feel like I belong...As a woman I may not look like I belong, but I feel like I belong!

What a great experience! I love reading posts like these because it really motivates me & gives me the inspiration to go out, so thanks!

It's nice to know it went so well, really I can't even think how better it could've turned out. None of your friends recognized you & you totally passed to a gg! That's awesome.. As for the girl & her number she might have been flirting with you or she might've just wanted to make a new girl-friend. I mean she saw you as a girl right? In any case, well done girl
    Last edited by erika130; 06-14-2010 at 11:48 PM.

She did see me as a girl, or if she didn't she didn't say anything! I totally would not have been able to do it if not for the inspiration from everyone's stories and everyone telling me to go do it.

I got totally lucky with the room-mate. I was seriously flipping out so bad, I swear I could have fainted! That might have been worse though! with his personality he would've come rushing by to see what was wrong!

It was such a rush though, it was undoubtedly, probably one of the best days of my life no lying!

I say to anyone out there, do it! it is such a rush. as long as your with a group, most people wouldn't even give you the time of day. It was so easy to pass!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Girl, just from looking at your avater, you definitely need to get your self out there and make a whole bunch of people jealous of your boogie! Face! Face! Face! I Give Face! Beauty! Face! Knock'm out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizz Kitten View Post
    Girl, just from looking at your avater, you definitely need to get your self out there and make a whole bunch of people jealous of your boogie! Face! Face! Face! I Give Face! Beauty! Face! Knock'm out!
    Awwwwww! that's so sweet! If any of the outings are like this first one, I'll probably be going out every other day!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rocker :)
    Congrats on your first outing! I'm glad it went so well

Gold Member
    That's awesome Jamie. It is big just getting that first one under your belt (and never out of your mind). But passing by someone you know is a big confidence booster. Beware the fog......

I got so lucky, it wasn't even funny.The only thing that was going through my mind at that time was: oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit! it was definitely scary as all hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Thats such a great post. You clearly so totaly pass. Is that your own hair?

Very cool! Same question. Is that your own hair? Looks fab!

Actually, believe it or not it is, my hair is the only thing I'm going to take care of regardless. I swear i take an hour in the bathroom every morning. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

great story, you should go out with that girl, if you don't, you'll rgret later. That's a perfect chance to make a good GG friend en femme.