Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painted nails

Smile Painted nails

I was just wondering how many of us paint our nails on a regular basis. I keep my toes polished all the time in red or bright pink depending on my mood at the time. I had a heart attack 2 years ago and flat lined at the hospital, but while laying there before i blacked out i argued with the nurse to leave my socks on. When i came to one of the nurses told me my nails looked better than hers. I wasn't embarassed at all like i expected to be , i was actually proud of them being painted. Just one of those things that can happen when you are cding. Thank you for letting me share this.

Michelle

I have mine painted most of the time , only take it off my finger nails when i have made a mess of them doing some dirty work like yesterday mending my daughters car so they are looking shabby now .
    ( i hope you are over your heart attack and well now.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

[SIZE="3"]I have my toenails painted with Rimmell "Ruby Me" & love it, this has the Lycra substance in It last's really well.

Hope you are well
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"] Mandy xx[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Dont knock it, till youve tried it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Qualified & Insured Waxing Therapist[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]I keep my toes polished 90% of the time. Usually a bright color. I Feel more at ease, when I can at least have fem toes.[/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

My wife just painted my toes yesterday.... for her "it's just nail polish" for me it meant alot more than that....

My toe nails are always polished, usually french but some times other colors, I prefer purples and lavenders. I generally have my finger nails polished as well with clear or matte.
    ColleenW

Black toe nails all the time for over two years; fingernails either clear or a slight tint or neutral color.

I try to keep my finger nails polished most of the time, if only with a clear/strengthening coat. Toe nails are another story. Sadly my toe nails are weird and painting them just looks awful, so I never bother.

Most of the Time

I have my toe nails painted most of the time. Last summer my family went to several amusement parks and I proudly showed my toes while wearing my sandals. My kids were a little embarrased by it, but they got over it.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Nope

It's summer and I wear sandals all the time in guy mode. Since I'm not out to anyone in the family other than my wife, I'm left to keep them nicely trimmed and maybe with a matte finish while I wait for shoe and sock weather to return. Then it's time for pretty toes again, but for now my dogs need the air!
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    It's summer and I wear sandals all the time in guy mode. Since I'm not out to anyone in the family other than my wife, I'm left to keep them nicely trimmed and maybe with a matte finish while I wait for shoe and sock weather to return. Then it's time for pretty toes again, but for now my dogs need the air!
    Hi Sarah

Have you tried a subtle French? That's what I wear in the summer time with sandals and no one seems to notice
    ColleenW

I Love to be fem
    I have mine painted all the time various colours from bright red through greens to black.

It is a rare day that my toe nails are not painted and my fingers are always polished. Color selection based upon my mood and my wife accepts any color I choose.

I have acrylic nails, currently OPI Pompeii purple. Have had acrylics for over 5 years now. Usually change color about every other fill. I allways have my toes painted so they look good in peep toe heels. I just love the look of my nails!

I will be honest in the summer I keep my nails clear but when I don't wear sandals I will have my toes painted Pink or Red or what ever floats my boat that day. Teresa

Smile painted nails

Thank you all for your concern. My health has improved and i work out more and lift small weights so i am doing better. I am going to go do my toes tonight.I would love to have a pedicure and have them paint my toes for me, that would be exciting. Have a fem day.

Michelle

I have my toes painted almost all the time I prefer baby pink or sometimes passionate red. I think my feet look very feminine in baby pink, that's why I prefer it. Most of the time I paint my fingernails in a clear polish so that it's not as noticable. However it does makes them shinier than normal and I'm sure any woman that looks close enough would notice.

Unfortunately I will switch to clear polish also for my toes for the summer just so there won't be any embaressing moments for my wife if I walk around barefoot.

Vicki

Hey Girl, Sorry to hear about your MI, glad your doing well! My toes are painted 24/7/365 mostly in reds and they always match my wifes and most of the time my daughters too!!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

I have my toes are painted about 360 days a year. I wear sandals most of the time. I have acrylic nails with clear and they are past the ends of my fingers.

I usually keep my fingernails in a clear pink, and always have my toenails painted. I enjoy my painted toes.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

My toenails are painted all the time, and my fingernails are always very long, and mostly polished on the weekends. In 2001, like you, I entered the hospital with chest pains through the ER and wound up spending nine days recovering from open-heart surgery. Several of the nurses loved my nails and one in particular gave me constant compliments, compared colors with me a couple of times and in general went out of her way to let me know she approved. I was, frankly, too sick to actually care a whole lot, but the attention was genuine and it made me feel better.

- Diane

Clear flat or matte on the fingers won't be noticed.

I live in Southern California and whenever I am not at work my perfectly pedicured bright red toenails are on display in women's open toe sandals for everyone to see. I wear women's sandals and red toenail polish in drab mode.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Smile

my toes are a bright red right now, and i keep my fingers painted at all times with a sheer pink and a top coat of clear.

i have only received one complement in a year. nobody pays my fingers any thought. just look well groomed.

Deep in the closet, I rarely paint my nails. Don't even go shopping for cosmetics; I only buy online, and nail laquer is something I'd probably want to be able to pick the color in person.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.