Thread: Marie Osmond Advice

Marie Osmond Advice

I was reading an interview today in Ladies Home Journal of Julianne Hough. She stated that the best advice that she ever got was from Marie Osmond. Now I have to paraphrase because I didn't write it down.

[SIZE="2"]You must accept and love yourself before you can ever be successful in your career or life.[/SIZE]

It's ironic that the advice is pertinent to us as cd'ers as well. We spend so much time beating ourselves up with the guilt and non-acceptance that it affects other areas in our lives. But somehow we ignore the signs that we are being less than we can be because we can't accept ourselves as cd'ers. Some of us find out after years of searching how to accept themselves while others spend an eternity dealing with non-acceptance of themselves.

It took me a long time to accept myself and find balance in my life. It's hard but everyone can achieve it. I can tell you from experience that the moment I went out dressed for the first time changed my life. That was the day that I began to accept myself and the day that the baggage was shipped via a different method. I was free of the bonds and started to live again.
    Michelle

The avvy pic isn't me
    So very, very true Michele, and thanx for the reminder. I made the decision to let go of all the self loathing and change my life for the better 9 months ago, and with a clearer head and healthier body i let go and accepted me and my gender "gifts".
    Now if i could just get my general everyday life and all the money obstacles back in order, i'd be set.
    mj (Cassie)

I sooo agree with accepting your self for who you are, great advice from Marie. Since I have accepte myself as a crossdresser and embraced crossdressing, my life has changed for the better, now I am free to wear what I want when I want.

It's basic, and I've heard it many times in many ways. It seems so simple, yet it can be difficult. However, the joy of self-acceptance multiplies itself manifold times when we achieve it and can give fully to others.
    Thanks for sharing Ms Osmond's advice.
    warmly, Linnea

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Yeah, I always felt the you have to like yourself before anyone else can like you.

I always liked Marie Osmond because she has a certian down to earth quality about her.

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post

[SIZE=2]You must accept and love yourself before you can ever be successful in your career or life.[/SIZE]
    I think this advice is correct, as far as it goes but I also think we need to remember not to get so wrapped up in ourselves that we become selfish and marginalize others.
    ColleenW