Thread: Femininity Back in Fashion?

Femininity Back in Fashion?

Has anyone else noticed that femininity - flowery dress and skirts, bright colors, etc is back in fashion?

Here in Philly, I'd say that 1/3 - 1/2 of the women in center city these days are wearing dresses and skirts, many nice prints and colors. I know Philly is a big city so there might tend to be more dressed up women out and about on a weekday, but everywhere I go these days I see stylishly dressed women. This is the greatest possible thing for a fetish CD / legman, seeing lots of stuff I'd like to wear and not sticking out too much in a colorful print dress. I also see Philly women biking in skirts and dresses which is one of my very favorite activites.

Has anyone else noticed a similar trend where they live?

I can't wait for fall to see if the increase in hosiery wearing continues....

All the Best,

Ann / SS

Flikr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40793767@N07/

hmm this is positive, i guess i havnt noticed anything like this here in the midwest maybe trends spread east to west though.
    I need my SN changed to Sienna

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaD View Post
    hmm this is positive, i guess i havnt noticed anything like this here in the midwest maybe trends spread east to west though.
    Well, I live in the midwest and though I wouldn't say we're up to 1/3rd or 1/2 or all women on a given day are in skirts and dresses, I would say that plenty of women are wearing very feminine articles.

My wife and I sometimes have a game of how many women we can find wearing dresses. This devolved out of a thread from here that I shared with her where some people said women don't wear dresses anymore. Nothing could be further from the truth!

Now, if only flip flops would die a cold, cruel death.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    In the high heat we have been having here in Georgia, I do see more skirts and dresses than before! I personnally wear skirts almost every day, and dresses occasionally! But my dress code is not dictated by the weather, but by what I feel like wearing. so it hasn't really changed with the heat wave!

Being a crossdresser, I do like to see a lot of femininity!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I love the bright flowing colors in fashion this year. Its nice to have some color back in our fashion lives.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

It's 100 degrees here in the northeast, and its VERY HUMID!!...It's much more bearable wearing a cotton sundress

I have noticed more skirts and dresses than usual lately. Then again here in SoCal skirts never really lost favor.
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I live south of LA, Karen.

I think the stores here have STOPPED selling dresses and skirts!

Shorts, pants, (both mostly jeans), T shirts, and flaps!

There's some GOOD NEWS, tho! The "muffin top" jeans seem to be going the way of the dodo bird!

Or, maybe the T shirts r just getting longer/bigger!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skirtsuit View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that femininity - flowery dress and skirts, bright colors, etc is back in fashion?

Here in Philly, I'd say that 1/3 - 1/2 of the women in center city these days are wearing dresses and skirts, many nice prints and colors. I know Philly is a big city so there might tend to be more dressed up women out and about on a weekday, but everywhere I go these days I see stylishly dressed women. This is the greatest possible thing for a fetish CD / legman, seeing lots of stuff I'd like to wear and not sticking out too much in a colorful print dress. I also see Philly women biking in skirts and dresses which is one of my very favorite activites.

Has anyone else noticed a similar trend where they live?
    [SIZE="3"]Don't know, but I sure hope so.[/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    IMHO ... yes and no. Yes, if the GGs in our HR department are anything to go by! Lots of summer dresses and heels ..... and yes if you happen to be walking in the center of downtown at lunchtime during the working week. However, I gotta say no in a general sense in the area I personally live in. All the places I tend to go in regularly, most of the GGs are wearing shorts or capris and a nice blouse or summer top. Still cute, but not as cute as a sundress and heels.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I have noticed too that skirts and dresses have made a welcome return,Maybe it's because we are actually having Nicer,warmer Weather this Summer in Scotland...for a change

Sophie xx
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

well, perhaps I may add some observations from the last weekend. As I posted, I was in belgium and Holland, watched the soccer game an so on. Friday last week was very hot, in the upper 90's. I noticed, that especially in Belgium almost all women, whatever age, are wearing skirts and dresses. I stayed out en femme very long that day and I could count on one hand those women who were wearing trousers.
    Germany is totally different. I do see some younger girls and women wearing skirts and dresses, but the majority just wear trousers.