Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to be both male & female?

Wink

i'm mentaly both male and female
    but the funny thing people constantly confuse
    me as a female

[SIZE="3"]I have merged the two sides together. My male directly co-insides with my female, and I'm always the same person. It just happens to work better that way, for me at least.

I have two separate sides. The "boy" part is always out around my friends, my brother, and my mom, where as the "girl" part usually comes out when I'm with Mouse. It's gotten harder since he moved in with me. I'm constantly a boy because we live with my parents, and they don't know... would kill me if they knew, probably disown me and kick us out, and I know Mouse isn't happy about it because my boy side is kind of mean ... He got me a new bra, panties and a skirt the other day and wanted me to try them on, but I got mad because I was afraid my mom would catch us so I kind of raised my voice... I feel so bad about it now, I know he was just trying to help... I'm a lot quieter when I'm a girl, too. I'm shy.[/SIZE]

*NOTE* Nikki decided she didn't want to make an account because she's terrified of being "found out", so we're going to attempt to both just post here... she'll be pink and I'll be the navy blue... I hope that's okay x.x

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

hmm, have we missed the question?

I too slide back and forth from one gender to the other, but that puts me into the "two people" kind of category. The original question, if I understood it, is about the opposite of sliding back and forth, i.e. to stall somewhere in the middle between the two genders, presenting as some mix of genders.

Clearly I think we all have had the experience of meeting someone and not being sure of their biological gender. Isn't this what the initial question was about, and how to acheive that end?

tina

it really all falls down to how you define "male" and "female"

lots of the things that are "male and female" are just societal constructions

I'm the same person whether I'm dressed or not... I enjoy watching scifi/action movies, I think about engineering stuff, but at the same time, I get excited when I see nail polish in the store... but all of those things aren't necessarily gender exclusive, they're just generalizations that occur in society

Hi.
    To answer your ?? im both & from birth wired both with a male & female mind/ brain, or if you like a androgynous person.
    you can be brought up male or female how your wired remains the same. & as you get older . it is just there.

& i am content & happy being who i am . i live as a woman because i am .
    I looked at a lot of different details regarding what & who i am & that took a while to fully understand who i was / am yet knew all along just did not click thats all . & i never was told any thing about my self such as some who are told they are transsexuals or what ever.
    i knew i could not explain even if i had been asked some years ago. any way when you accept your self its just so neat, words will never express whats inside of you.

...noeleena...

You just have to be cautious when visiting somebody in a mental institution or re-hab facility.

The psychiatric facilitators, therapists and support staff tend to describe such behavior in clinical terms such as schizophrenosis, multiple personality, etc. You want to make sure nobody gets the idea to replace your visitor pass with an ID patient wrist band.
    Last edited by eluuzion; 06-22-2010 at 04:52 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No, I am in the, I'm a male camp, I just like to dress up and play with make up instead of watching football.
    Wanting to be a woman sometimes is all in my head, (but the rest of me is all guy).
    Tina B.

I agree with what some have stated here.
    Skirts, dresses, hose, leggings, long hair, hairy legs, muscels, jeans, and so on are not inherently male or female.

It is all social construction. Really for me, the only exclusively male thinks are lack of hips, external genitalia, and flat chests. For women, internal genitalia, breasts, greatly accentuated hips, and different fat distribution from men. The only exclusively male or female clothing articles to me are Bra, and jock strap. That's really it, when one gets down to brass tacks.

What is really funny is most of the clothing and styles considered female only were once MALE ONLY. LOL. How is that for irony?

Heels are a product of warfare for one. Short skirts were worn only by men, women were forbidden from showing their legs.

It is amazing how ignorant the mainstream can be.

In answer to the question, I am physically male, but mentally fem androgynous. On the DOGIATI I got a 3, I only added the "fem" due to my preference to have feminine aspects in my appearance.
    Last edited by Pythos; 07-05-2010 at 10:09 AM.

I'm definitely both at the same time. I think I skew a little more towards being a guy with a bit of girl mixed in. Eddie Izzard once described himself as a whole man and half a woman, which I thought was somewhat clever. The COGIATI isn't entirely scientific but it's results for me have me as being mentally androgynous but male-leaning and I'm pretty ok with that assertion.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I look at myself as both male and female. But a woman. Male and female is for me physical. Body, brain wiring etc. So the male stuff there could go away, don't care for it. It's baggage. Driving around with the car loaded down with stones, so it barely moves. It's unfortunate, since I have not grown accustomed to use it's qualities. So I should probably throw the stones out, to lighten the load for a more pleasant ride.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Is it possible? ... yes I think it is. For myself, I don't really like to think of myself as being a "man" yet I know in my heart of hearts that I am (unfortunately) not a woman either. What am I? .... I have no clue. My wife says that she thinks that I am "woman-like" in my behavior, or that's to say, I don't think I'm really like other guys at all. Most of the things I say and do are more akin to a woman rather than a man. My dress sense often gives off mixed signals too ... not sure if it's androgynous or not but it's not "regular male".

At work, I present less girly with no makeup and my clothes, while still girls ones, are more unisex in nature. Outside of work I think that people would consider me a feminine male, and like Jonianne, I am OK with that and don't worry that people may think I am gay. I look a little bit nerdy and a little bit of a sissy but I'm ok with that too.

So your question: Is it possible to be both male and female? ... yes, I think it is.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I actually looked into taking the COGIATI that Ryan mentioned, and what do you know?

Your COGIATI result value is: 80
    Which means that you fall within the following category:

COGIATI classification THREE, ANDROGYNE

What this means is that the Combined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory has classified your internal gender identity to be essentially androgynous, both male and female at the same time, or possibly neither. In some cultures in history, you would be considered to be a third sex, independent of the polarities of masculine or feminine. Your gender issues are intrinsic to your construction, and you will most likely find your happiness playing with expressing both genders as you feel like it.
    Just wanted to share this since I felt this was relevant to the topic. Again, as with what Ryan said, this is hardly scientific since some of the questions can be easily gamed, but I find the results rather interesting.

Anyone interested in taking it can go here:
    http://www.transsexual.org/cogiati_english.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jonianne View Post
    I assume you mean androgynous? Hybrid sounds more like a car or something.

I guess I fit one of the definitions of androgynous, because I don't present entirely masculine or feminine. I think what has worked for me is:

1. I still present clearly that I am a guy to my family and work, even though my hair and cloths and other aspects may appear quite feminine at times.

2. Even though I may be seen as a feminine male, I am OK and don't worry that they may think I am gay. I don't go around trying to explain myself all the time.

3. People know me, know who I am and I have gone slow, giving them (and me!) plenty of time to become accustom to the gradual changes (letting my hair grow, etc) in me expressing the feminine part of who I am.

4. I have had discussions with key people in my life, letting them know I am a cross dresser and so I don't think they are surprised.

5. I do try to keep a balance and not go overboard and always consider others feelings about it, while at the same time, still being faithful to me.

6. I work hard at being the best husband, father and co-worker I can be so that I can maintain the respect of others, even if they happen to roll their eyes or give each other glances (which I haven't even noticed). That's OK. They are OK to feel what they feel, as long as we can work together professionally and with respect for each other.
    Mathematically, satanically and scientifically should exist!

Quit Stressing

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Mathematically, satanically and scientifically should exist! as you are

Quite stressing!~

Id like to think im in the middle. I dont "dress to go out" but I do dress in feminine clothes and I dont wear wigs or make up. I still act like a man when out but can act like a woman if it calles for it. Not sure if that will make sense to you. Does to me lol. If I wear a dress and heels then I am going to the club or staying inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne66 View Post
    Yeah, what she said.

I've been doing it all my life and never quite realized it until I had been hanging around here a while. I often wear mixed men's/women's clothing, and feel more masculine or feminine as the mood strikes me, no matter what I happen to be wearing at the time. I never could pick a "team" and stick with it, and see no reason why I should.
    I would have to agree with you, as to me as well...not sure if that makes sense, but who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Anneliese View Post
    I am both, without question.
    Ditto.
    That's both a curse and a blessing.
    A million times I think of going the route of MTF transtion, and the answer is always no. I know quite a few who have, and they are not me. I love them to death.
    I am glad that I go out occasionally, even in public, and I just love to doll myself up and do the girliest of things. But after the night's over, I'll put a wrench in my hand, and I will attack that engine or boiler like the best of any macho guy., and I'll even kill myself to swoon over that chick I met.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 07-07-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Personally, I act the way I act, weird and crazy, but in a good way. I let myself loose, sort of, and not worry too much of the reactions I get from others. I do have some feminine traits, like dressing up in feminine clothing, and wanting to look pretty, but I like to be physical as well. I think if I can just sometimes just dress enfemme, then I'll be better.